Thread: [GUIDE] How to Fast Feed your pet (Plus instructions for automating Gourmet Food list purchase)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m

[GUIDE] How to Fast Feed your pet (Plus instructions for automating Gourmet Food list purchase)

A couple of people suggested I make a guide on this, so I'm trying my hand at it.

Ever wanted to feed your pet tons of stat-changing Neggs for training? Or perhaps you're trying to knock out the Gourmet Club trophy for your prize pet.

Here's how you can make the process as quick and painless as possible.

If you're looking to feed stat-changing items or manually buy what you're feeding to your pet, skip to Section B.

If you want to feed Gourmet Club items to your pet and want to automate the buying process, read on.

Section A: The Buying Process

Requirements: Clraik rank or Clraik VIP for access to (you need an account to see links). Neopets Premium for use of SSW Sniper in StealthCore.

This method can be used to purchase other long lists of items as well, such as books for the Neopian Book Award.

(If anyone knows of a way to buy a list of items without the method I'm describing so that non-Premium users can do so, let me know.)

Step 1: Use Jellyneo's (you need an account to see links) to generate a list of what you still need to feed your pet.

Step 2: At the bottom of the results page, select "Add to Wishlist" and add the results to a new wishlist (Might take a bit due to lag on JN's end).

Step 3: Now, the interesting part. Go to your new wishlist and look at the Code tab, and set the options as follows:

(you need an account to see links)

Show List Name: No
    Display Type: Item Names only
    Number of columns: 1
    Sort List by: Price (Optional, but makes the actual buying process easier)
    Show Quantities: No
    Show Prices: No
    Show Rarities: No
    Include Obtained Items: No

Step 4: Click "Get Code", and copy the subsequent output into a Notepad document.

Step 5: Delete the chunks of irrelevant code at the start and end of the list

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

Step 6: Remove the HTML codes from the remaining text. I like to use PhraseFix's (you need an account to see links)

Step 7: Copy the output from the previous step and paste it into PhraseFix's (you need an account to see links). Input the phrase ":999999" in the field for adding text to the end of the line.

"999999" here refers to the max price an item can cost in a Usershop. If you don't want to spend that much per item, replace the number with whatever max price you're willing to spend.

MAKE SURE THE COLON IS THERE before the number, and don't include spaces.

Step 8: Paste the result into your Notepad document and save the document.

Step 9: Now for the actual buying bit. You'll need a LOT of NP on hand for this. Take out as much as you're willing to risk given the chance of random events taking away NP before you can spend them. If you want to be more cautious, you can withdraw lower amounts of NP, but that means:

1. It'll take longer to buy everything rather than doing it in one shot.

2. You might have to wait for the next day to continue buying if you withdraw NP 15 times, which locks you out of further withdrawals for the day.

Step 10: Load up StealthCore (See (you need an account to see links) on it for how to use StealthCore)

Step 10A (Optional): If taking out large amounts of NP, adjust the max NP on hand setting (Under Dailies settings) to as high as you're willing to go.

Step 11: Navigate to the SSW Sniper tab and load your Notepad document. Set the options as follows:

Amount of searches per item: 1
    Uncheck "Buy if more than one in stock", "Stop after X searches" and "Stop after X NP spent"
    Check "Search snipe list once and then stop"
    (Don't touch the Delay between searches setting; that one is a safety net)

Step 12: Schedule the SSW Sniper, and start running the program. Go for a walk, write a novel, or solve world hunger while you wait. Do NOT use your Neopets account while StealthCore is doing its job.

Step 13: If StealthCore stops running because you ran out of money, repeat Steps 9 and 12 as needed. Make sure you delete the items that were already purchased from your Notepad document (you can see what item the bot last bought from SC's logs), otherwise the Sniper will just start again from the beginning!

Note that SC's logs won't tell you which items weren't successfully bought. If the bot skips over an item because it wasn't found in shops, the only way to know is either to be watching the status bar the entire time for a message telling you that (which will be replaced by the next skipped item thereafter, so you can only see the latest item that was skipped) or to cross-reference your original list with the log of what was bought.

Section B: The actual feeding

Optional Requirements: Clraik rank or Clraik VIP for access to @(you need an account to see links)'s AMAZING (you need an account to see links). (Not necessary if you intend to manually fast feed your pet)

Step 1: Wait for your pet to reach Dying status (You won't be able to use it in the Battledome during this process).

If your pet is stuck on "Starving" (the status right above Dying) for more than 2 hours, see the Troubleshooting section below.

Step 2: Remove the items you want to feed to your pet from your SDB. I suggest limiting the amount to a maximum of approximately 300, especially if you're using the aforementioned script.

Step 3A: If you're using Nyu's script to automate the process, simply install the script, run it, and leave the inventory page open. (See (you need an account to see links) for details on how said script works)

Step 3B: If you're manually fast feeding your pet, then feed your pet the first item and set a timer for two hours.

It takes two hours to go from Starving back down to Dying. So, by keeping your pet constantly cycling between Starving and Dying, you can feed it a lot more quickly than if it were at other hunger levels.

Step 4: Repeat Step 3B every 2 hours. If your pet is still at Starving after two hours, check back every 5 minutes or so, as the timing can sometimes fluctuate a bit.

If it becomes apparent that your pet is stuck at Starving, see the Troubleshooting section below.

Optional optimisation tip:

@(you need an account to see links) provided a tip on how to feed even FASTER than every two hours. However, it is a bit risky; if you mess up the timing on it, you'll have to wait one full day to get back down to Dying.

Quote Originally Posted by smugglerscove View Post
    Did you know that there is a way to feed more often and not have to wait 2 hours each time for your pet to go back to "Dying"..

I've s t r u g g l e d to explain this in the past but I'll do my best here!

Here is what we are doing now:

HUNGER Dying Starving Dying Starving Dying ...
    ACTION Feed .. wait 2hrs .. Feed .. wait 2hrs .. Feed (repeat)

Instead if you feed within a 61 - 63 minute window after your last feed your pet will say "was Starving is now Still Starving", though your pets visible hunger state will still show as just "Starving", doing this means you can basically feed twice as much/quick:

HUNGER Dying Starving Still Starving Still Starving ...
    ACTION Feed .. wait min 61mins, max 63mins .. Feed .. wait min 61mins, max 63mins .. Feed (repeat)

When your are done feeding, your pet will return to "Dying" 2 hours total after the last feed.

However, if you mess up the timings and miss the 61 - 63 minute window, by feeding too early or too late, your pet will change to "Famished" and you'll have to wait ~1 day to get back to "Dying"..

What I do is set an alarm on my phone for 61 minutes, once it goes off I have 2 minutes to feed my pet and then I restart the timer. If I miss the timer and am too late, I skip the feed and I wait another hour for my pet to go back to Dying and then restart the loop.
    Troubleshooting

Why is my pet stuck at Starving?

This is an annoying glitch that seems to happen sometimes, where your pet will get stuck at Starving status and refuse to get any hungrier.

If you've noticed your pet is still at Starving status around 3 hours after it first hit Starving, it's likely you've encountered this glitch.

However, I found a way around it. If you switch a different pet to your active pet, your original pet's hunger timer should come unstuck, and it'll go down to Dying again after some time. After that, you can just switch it back to Active if you want and continue feeding it.

Credits:

Many thanks to $(you need an account to see links) for the fantastic auto-feeder script and $(you need an account to see links) for the information about optimising feeding cycles.

A big shoutout to @(you need an account to see links) and @(you need an account to see links) for encouraging me to write this guide!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Junellie For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (2 Weeks Ago),Ice (2 Weeks Ago),j03 (2 Weeks Ago),Nyu (2 Weeks Ago),running_sheeple (2 Weeks Ago),Shawn (2 Weeks Ago),smugglerscove (2 Weeks Ago),Totodile (2 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Thanks for the cool guide, I heard about fast feeding but never looked at the mechanics.

The only thing stopping me now are the prices for Gourmet Food lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Junellie (2 Weeks Ago)