6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

What are your top 5 games?

Title says pretty much all. You can also give it a quick description, genre, anything~
    Mine are:

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l0st1d0l For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-10-2020),Da Plushee Boree (08-09-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    12d 1h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Last edited by Painwheel; 08-09-2020 at 09:42 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Painwheel For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-10-2020),Da Plushee Boree (08-09-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I mostly like indie games, and the odd AAA title

1. Journey
    For the engaging art style and atmosphere
    2. The Last of Us
    For the characters
    3. Bastion
    For the art style and soundtrack
    4. Braid
    For the quirky puzzles
    5. Don't Starve
    For the challenge

Usually I look for games with an interesting artistic style, an engaging story, and a cool soundtrack. If anyone enjoys Journey, feel free to PM me. I used to be fairly active in the TGC forums, and got really into glitches for a time. Always a fun game to go back to.
    Last edited by toucanparty; 08-09-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links), please add explanations as to why so that your posts meet the requirements of this section of the forum.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Painwheel (08-09-2020)

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I think this board is here to save me because i haven't seriously played a thing in a long time and i need to go back to real playing. So i will try every game that is listed here and will replay every game listed here that i haven't played in a while. And now to stay in topic...

I have a full set of indie games, like hundreds, but my favourite are the big three (minus Cuphead and Shovel Knight), i'm starting to noticing (while writing this) that i'm sad that i'm not playing an RPG right now, or even an adventure game, i'm down with my all time favourited metroidvania titles and it's fine, it's really fine. Specially since i didn't have real money to spend on gaming lately and because i haven't had the time to play somethig more inmersive (but Boree! One of your list is inmersive enough! - i know, i know..) Let me xplain....

I'm sorry the big wall of text.
    TL: DR dress yourself and play these games !

As a bonus i'd like to add Fe (indeed, a little glitchy but such a lovely game), Machinarium (puzzle driven game that i'm not getting enough of, i have solved it's riddles once and again and again and again and i don't get tired of it), and Onirim and Night of the Full Moon (if you play in your phone and would like a nice challenge, these are yours!)

I'm gonna get back with another five someday
    Last edited by Da Plushee Boree; 08-09-2020 at 11:02 AM.

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-10-2020),Mama Bear (08-09-2020),Painwheel (08-09-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    1. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (KoToR) (Xbox/PC)
    For me, this game was the complete package. It had a fantastic story with an amazing twist, the characters all had very good story arcs attached to them, the gameplay was fantastic and unique, putting a new spin on the turn-based RPG. Plus, it had lightstabers. Tick in every box for me.

2. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Really my first dive into the Final Fantasy universe. FF7 was slightly before my gaming started, and I had a Nintendo 64 not a PSX anyway. Final Fantasy X on PS2 started my love affair with RPG's that still runs strong to this very day. The characters are still some of my favourite game characters of all time. A great story with again, great plot twists (Auron ) The cutscenes were absolutely stunning for the technology available. So many games of that era still had a very cartoony feel to them and then FFX comes along and really blasts it out of the park. Fantastic traditional turn based gameplay, a great story, amazing soundtrack and a really great rewarding endgame content that a lot of modern games could really learn from.

3. Pokemon Crystal (GBC)
    This game was my childhood. I wouldn't even begin to imagine the hours (and batteries) i sank into this game on long car trips. Grinding the ridiculously low levelled Elite 4 to get level 100 Pokemon and then solo clearing because a friend told me thats how you get Mew to hatching multiple Tyrogues because I couldn't work out how to evolve to Hitmontop. Battle Tower, sprite animations, GBC Pokemon was really the pinnacle of Pokemon gaming for me.

4. Path of Exile (PC)
    I can't begin to express how fantastic this game is for a free to play game. If you've ever played Diablo 2 and were disappointed with Diablo 3 then this is the game for you. It takes everything that is wrong with Diablo 3, fixes it, and does everything better. All for a free game. I've put literally thousands and thousands of hours into this game over the last couple of years and can't really fault it at all. New seasons every 3 months with adjustments to items/builds making you more likely to play a wide variety of classes rather than just maining a single one. Highly recommend checking it out. Also available on console but i've heard it doesn't port well.

5. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS2)
    Another PS2 game that ended up burning pictures into our old TV. San Andreas was an incredible journey for a young teenage kid. It took lessons learned from all the previous GTA games and packed them into the greatest GTA game of all time. Given that GTA 4 and 5 are still amazing, they don't quite reach the same heights that GTA SA did back in the day. Stealing cars, painting them, pimping them out driving them slowly back to my hideout to store them, stealing Attack Helicopters and going on a rampage, robbing stores, driving taxis. I'm debating buying a controller for my PC as I type this just so i can experience this game again.

Very tough list to sort into top 5. I could easily change the order around of some of them but these are probably my top 5 games of all time.
    Last edited by Megiddo; 08-10-2020 at 12:48 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megiddo For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (08-10-2020),Da Plushee Boree (08-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    In no particular order because I'm not decisive enough to do that, this is based on how much I've played them and not been able to put them down.

Animal Crossing
    Stardew Valley
    Minecraft
    Sims Games
    Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island

Honourable mentions...
    Pokemon Let's Go, Pokemon Soul Silver, Skyrim, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Always Sometimes Monsters, Ooblets, Slime Rancher, House Flipper, Undertale, Forager, Planet Zoo.

In general I like simulators, cuteness, anything where I can overlevel myself, games that allow me to be creative. I'm here for a fun time not a hard time xD

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    These are the games that I sunk a lot of time into and enjoyed thoroughly I haven't really played that many games so here were my favs based on the tiny collection of games I've actually tried out. Not mentioned are games that I sank a ton of hours into but didn't really enjoy that much

1. FFXIV - PC - Has been my go-to for the past year. I enjoy the game itself a ton, love the graphics and housing aspect of the game! The community is interesting and full of petulant noobs lol (but people are way less toxic and more wholesome than the communities in other MMOs, or that's what ppl tell me at least)

2. Overwatch - PC - For awhile this was my favorite game, but I switched over to FFXIV and haven't played much Overwatch lately. Love the cartoony graphics and upbeat feel, hate the toxic voice chat lol

3. FFX - PS2 - Great story! Will live on as one of my all time favorite games, though I only played it a ton when I was younger and never touched it again. The story is compelling enough that I sometimes go back and read about the lore (or even read some fanfics) to this day, though!

4. Minecraft - Mac/PC - just a fun game to go back to every now and again. Lighthearted, simple, and you don't need to take anything seriously

5. Various GameBoy Pokemon games - Gameboy Advanced + whatever came after that - I've played Gold, Leaf Green, and some others, and spent a lot of my childhood just sinking hours into those games. Lots of fun and great memories

Honorable mention: Battleblock Theatre - PC Great co-op game!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    In no particular order:

1. Stardew Valley - This game is really lovely the art is cartooney the town tunes are catchy as well. Personally, I really liked to play Harvest Moon on the DS Stardew Valley is exactly like that but with crafting and more options! the game is available on the PC, Switch, Mobile, heck even tesla cars have it in them too!
    2. Diablo 2 - Mostly due to nostalgia but something about this game is sticks in my memory. I guess its those long (magic find runs ) grinds, and the cow level equate to so much fun from my memories. The graphics and storylines were great too
    3. Animal Crossing nh - This is my first Animal Crossing game ever and I'm really enjoying it. I love being able to customize my island and decorate my villagers houses. I found it slow at first but once you hit the stage of the game where you're able to terraform you can really create your own paradise in this game.
    4. Don't Starve Together - I like Don't Starve a lot and played this before playing DST mainly because i didn't want to embarass myself in front of friends. But Don't Starve Together is really fun with friends. When you buy it from steam you get two keys so you can share with another buddy you think would like the game as well. The artwork in this game is very neat too. It is very unique!
    5. Maplestory (in 2007/8) - Another Nostalgic game when I played in '07. I haven't played in recent years but this game was very grindy too much like Diablo 2 I mentioned earlier and sticks out from my memory. What i liked about this game was the cute 2d character you get to play and just the graphics in general. the community was pretty cool too back then Ah fond memories

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Ohhh man 5 isn't enough but here's mine in no particular order:

1. Witcher 3 - as someone who loves horror and fantasy, this game just hit everything on my checklist. The music, the settings, the lore, the character-building, the tremendous amount of detail that went into every single aspect of the game was phenomenal. I loved the UX as well, which is something that is huge for me in games. I found it to be less clunky and more engaging than Inquisition (which I also loved, but doesn't make this list!).

2. Mass Effect 2 - I don't care what anyone says, the second game was easily the best in terms of both story and UX. While Liara's absence is NOT FORGIVEN, I still loved this game to bits. Honestly spending time making sure that you do everything to save everyone on your crew was amazing; this game delivers in terms of inter-character everything in ways that no other Bioware game does.

3. Divinity Original Sin (Divinity Original Sin 2) - Cheating and doing a 2-for-1 because these are AMAZING RPG games and if you haven't played, grab a friend (or hit me up!) and be delighted. These games are more fun when you play with someone, I've found, but their insane lore and the world-building is great. I - personally - have an extra special place in my heart for the first game due to its delightful whimsy and just really fun, unique everything. The second game is just as wonderful, but I do miss the charm of the OG game!

4. Borderlands 2 - I've sunk almost 4000 hours into this game on Xbox, don't talk to me.

5. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - y'all I am not usually about Japanese RPGs but I could teach those little idiots all day. Also, more games need to be turn based. Also, everyone is hot and I'll ship anything. (This is my trash-love game and I won't quit).

Honourable mentions:

GW2 - I spent a LOT of time playing MMOs in university and GW brought me some dope friends (and a husband)

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - I am AC TRASH and I love hot giant Greek ladies a LOT.

Breath of the Wild - somehow the most infuriating and the most insanely peaceful game???

Diablo 3 - have also sunk a gross amount of time into this game. There aren't a lot of couch co-op games and this is a really fun one to jam out with friends.
    Last edited by Koto; 08-27-2020 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Diablo!!!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)