65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by katongpool View Post
    Gotcha! I think I'm really close to the point of doing consecutive builds. Have around 200k COH and my material prices have been really good today (below 2500).

I've maxed out the warehouse, store, factory, and sales upgrades too. Next goal is to probably build 200 units!
    Nice! Congrats. You should be hitting the gold trophy before you know it.

But shhhh on too much details.. Cheers!! ^^

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

katongpool (05-12-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    Nice! Congrats. You should be hitting the gold trophy before you know it.

But shhhh on too much details.. Cheers!! ^^
    Haha oops! No more details

Btw, am wondering if you would know anything about setting up a cascade for the warehouse? I tried reading this guide here but it is still pretty confusing to me: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Haha oops! No more details

Btw, am wondering if you would know anything about setting up a cascade for the warehouse? I tried reading this guide here but it is still pretty confusing to me: (you need an account to see links)
    What do you mean by setting up a cascade?

Like the table where there are the prices/times for the loading in the warehouse?

I saw that page before but it's too much mathematics for me to handle hahahaha.
    Well, I mean if you create an excel spreadsheet with the calculations you could do it.

But for me, once I hit the minimum for the gold trophy and avatar I just stopped playing, didn't check it and then checked back on the 3rd of the next month for the rewards and never touched it again. D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    What do you mean by setting up a cascade?

Like the table where there are the prices/times for the loading in the warehouse?

I saw that page before but it's too much mathematics for me to handle hahahaha.
    Well, I mean if you create an excel spreadsheet with the calculations you could do it.

But for me, once I hit the minimum for the gold trophy and avatar I just stopped playing, didn't check it and then checked back on the 3rd of the next month for the rewards and never touched it again. D:
    Apparently it is a super-efficient way of loading plushies into the warehouse so we do not have to wait too long for it to be ready!

But actually, after thinking about it, I'm too lazy to figure it out because your method is guaranteed to hit the 1mil mark and that is enough for both the trophy and avatar haha!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Apparently it is a super-efficient way of loading plushies into the warehouse so we do not have to wait too long for it to be ready!

But actually, after thinking about it, I'm too lazy to figure it out because your method is guaranteed to hit the 1mil mark and that is enough for both the trophy and avatar haha!
    Yep - unless you're going for the 1m COH + 2m plushies where you get 320k then you can probably try that.
    Last edited by Unown; 05-20-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by l0st1d0l View Post
    Thank you!
    Just FYI,

There's a thank you button and a +rep button below an OP if you'd like to give thanks.

Posting 'thanks' is seen as unnecessary and I once got an earful from Joe for doing it xD

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m

I read about the cascading and did some digging about it. Apparently it's something similar to this:

For example, 1 batch of 100, 1 batch of 200, 1 batch of 300, all the way up to a batch of 1800. Those get to the warehouse, and once the smallest batch ships, the shipping times recalculate for the rest, and speeds it up.
    So you make a few different batches - don't ship whenever they're ready. Wait till the whole batch is ready and then ship it 1 by 1, starting from the smallest. This will recalculate everything else and make them load faster. But the issue is finding out this calculation - some things to ask would be, should you start it alternately? Like 1800 - 100 - 1700 - 200 - 1600 - 300 so that they all churn out together? Or do you produce starting from 1800 and let the bigger batches start loading first?

I guess that's what the page you shared means... finding out the formula. But I'm going to give what I mentioned in the quotes a shot. Just thought I'd share this with you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I read about the cascading and did some digging about it. Apparently it's something similar to this:

So you make a few different batches - don't ship whenever they're ready. Wait till the whole batch is ready and then ship it 1 by 1, starting from the smallest. This will recalculate everything else and make them load faster. But the issue is finding out this calculation - some things to ask would be, should you start it alternately? Like 1800 - 100 - 1700 - 200 - 1600 - 300 so that they all churn out together? Or do you produce starting from 1800 and let the bigger batches start loading first?

I guess that's what the page you shared means... finding out the formula. But I'm going to give what I mentioned in the quotes a shot. Just thought I'd share this with you.
    Thank you!! Let us know if you find out anything new from this trial.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Thank you!! Let us know if you find out anything new from this trial.
    I think I sort of understand the concept and get it.. but it's a lot of work to do.

1. Finding out the optimum worker build - the ratio of 1:10 should be kept but the amount varies depending on how much you build.
    There definitely is an optimum but I'm not really interested to invest so much time to find out because all I cared for was the trophy/avatar. Apparently even the PT pros have a hard time getting to 2m plushies, and the reward of 320k np is tbh very low compared to the time investment in the game - could earn a lot more from restocking.

2. It seems like the proper cascading method would be to build large quantities to smaller quantities, then let them build throughout the day, while shipping the smaller quantities to "cascade" the larger builds, making them ship FASTER.

To make 3300x18 batches for every update, you'll need 20+ mil COH (incl. RM, workers, ship), and it'll take at least 1.5-2 days for the first batch to load and then cascade. To make 2mil plushies, you'll need 15mil COH on your first week.
    So it seems like in their first week they grind it out to hit 15 mil COH on the first week. To start, you go about as per what I mentioned in my guide, and once you hit 50-75k COH you should be building EVERY UPDATE with 18 x 100. So building every update means selling every update too so your COH escalates really quickly. Once you finish your first week you should have 15 ~ 20m to start your cascading.

Here's an example of what your day could look like:

1st update: 14 x 3300

2nd update: 14 x 2800

3rd update: 14 x 1800

4th update: 14 x 1400

5th update: 14 x 1200

6th update: 14 x 900

7th update: 14 x 800

8th update: 14 x 600

So 14 x 8 = 112 jobs in your warehouse. If you didn't ship anything, it would take DAYS for the 3300s to load, but because you cascaded, most of your plushies (if not all) will be ready to ship just a couple hours before the next day officially starts.

Assuming you 'caught' the update right when it turned, of course. So that's how cascading works. The reason I listed 14 jobs per update is because I have yet to get my workers to constantly give me more per hour

*The above amounts will give you over 100k plushies production a day.
    Let's say you use the example above, you need to find the worker combination that is able to produce this. Which means your workers need to be able to clear the first update of 14 x 3300 at the end of 8 hours - it will take some bit of trial and error of few days. There definitely is an answer somewhere but people usually don't share it - they love the puzzle behind PT.

So you're supposed to be making faster loading batches towards the end of the day so that after the last update you should be loading all of your plushies in the warehouse. Then when your smaller batches are ready - SHIP THEM. Then as more and more get ready - you keep shipping them. Then the final batch will be able to ship a few hours before the next day's first update.

Just thinking of this means you need to be playing almost the whole day - checking at different intervals of the day. And you may not even make the 2m plushie count at the end of the month. I think it's a lot of effort for very little gain. But it sounds like a lot of fun if you manage to get it.

I hope my explanation helps. I hope you succeed in it hahaha.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

katongpool (05-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    14h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I will definitely try this! Been struggling with PT always.
    I just want the avatar, when should I start best? 7 days before end of the month??