DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    551d 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I usually have a hard time with focusing on podcasts, but Jennette McCurdy's Empty Inside has been showing up in my youtube rec's and I've been really enjoying it. Deals with a lot of heavy topics (recent titles include: 'Codependency', 'Alcoholism', 'Rejection'), but in a way that I don't find perpetuates my bad moods or is triggering, but YMMV.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am not much of a podcast kind of guy nowadays, but I was when I was at work. A few podcasts that I listened to were the Joe Budden Podcast (mostly focused on rap/hip hop but also talked about current issues). I loved it because it felt like you were in the room with the brothers and you are just chilling and having a good laugh and all. Recently, I've been listening to the Joe Rogan Experience and Joe Rogan's MMA podcast since I love combat sports, and Joe has some pretty interesting guests. I would highly recommend the David Blaine one, and if you are a combat sports guy, the interviews with Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, George St. Pierre, and Firas Zahabi were really good. They all offer very different perspectives.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I only have 2 very specific suggestions:
    Lost in Translationmon - a Digimon podcast that went through the entire series while comparing the original with the dub (and it's not anti-dub at all, btw). I'm not sure what do they do now since I stopped listening a while back, but they were great when I did follow them.
    The Survivor Historians - A podcast about the US version of the reality tv show Survivor. The hosts are hardcore fans that know a lot about every season and every contestant. They are talking about each season in order, and telling some cool behind the scenes stories and more. All of them also watched every season as it aired, so they also tell about what the reaction was at the time, etc. Very interesting if you are a fan of the show.
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 10-29-2020 at 04:07 AM.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    65 times
    Time Online
    24d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    To anyone interested in learning more about their houseplants I recommend On The Ledge. There are episodes focused on particular plant species so you can dig around and find what you need. Or learn about some new plants that would fit your climate/light situation.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    A few I haven't seen recommended:

The Case of Charles Dexter Ward/The Whisperer in Darkness - amazing BBC produced, scary AF fiction/horror Lovecraftian detective serial! Im dying for another season of this.
    Office Ladies - really fun The Office podcast with Angela Kinsey and Jenna Fischer! They have lots of guests and you get a lot of fun Office tidbits!
    Brimstone Valley Mall - 1999, Hot Topic, demons and punk rock. Season 1 is done with another on the way!
    Death in Ice Valley - another BBC podcast, this one is investigating a 60 year old murder in Norway. Soundscape in this one is amazing.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love educational podcasts. Or at least in which there is interesting information. In particular, for me a very interesting podcast called "Joe Rogan Academy". Who does not know this podcast, it invites different stars and scientists and has different discussions with them. Joe Rogan is a stand-up comedian and a sportsman, not a stupid man.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    23d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    "Behind the Bastards" is fun. Former Cracked author turned war journalist sits down with someone else (usually a comedian) to talk about a bastardous person in history. (Fun fact: Saddam Hussein wrote a romance novel.) Thoroughly researched, darkly funny, and not for the faint of heart -- there's a lot of talk about horrible shit. I recommend the recent episode on Focus on the Family's James Dobson.

Someone else mentioned Blackwood and I second that rec. I've re-listened to it multiple times and always notice something new when I do.

You Must Remember This is a well researched podcast about Hollywood that's super relaxing to listen to, and added bonus: there's an entire season on Charles Manson for true crime junkies that delves not just into the man and his crimes but also into the Hollywood scene at the time, Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate's relationship, and even John Waters befriending one of the Manson Girls. I'm personally fond of the Judy Garland episodes.

Knowledge Fight is a podcast about Alex Jones and his grifts. Dunking, debunking, and providing context. The intro by DJ Danarchy is so catchy it will never leave your head.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    71 times
    Time Online
    26d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    It's been mentioned a few times now but:

(you need an account to see links)
    "Despite the name, �Reply All� isn�t a podcast about technology � it�s a podcast that tells gorgeous, painfully human stories that happen to have bits of technology sprinkled in.
    � Nick Quah, Vulture"

Literally stolen from the linked site lmao. They do a lot of fantastic deep dives into internet phenomena. Most aren't even all that tech related so it's really got something for everyone.

Also

(you need an account to see links) (also by Gimlet) I was gonna do a blurb, but just pinched from the same site:

When John Quinney was ten years old, he took the stand to testify against his own father. He had come to believe that his dad Melvin was the murderous leader of a satanic cult. It would be decades before John would learn that his family was just one of many swept up in a panic that gripped America in the 1980s�one in which hundreds of people were accused of taking part in underground satanic cults that sacrificed infants and sexually abused children. By the time the panic had subsided, scores of people were in prison, convicted on little to no evidence�people like John's father. Conviction: American Panic takes you inside one of the darkest and most bizarre chapters of American history.

(you need an account to see links) The first season delves into Multilevel Marketing/Direct Selling/Pyramid Schemes and the second season goes more into the "Wellness" scam.

Neopets makes me really angry apparently.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Using My Pass For This Useful Post:

Rhymes with Witch (11-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Awesome stories Highly recommend to give it a listen (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    688 times
    Time Online
    155d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Dark Poutine for Canadian flavoured true crime. They also do some non Canadian cases too.