1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Happy to see so many fellow murderinos here

For true crime my go-to's are: My Favorite Murder (saw them live when they came to my city, I love them haha) and And That's Why We Drink (if you like paranormal/true crime).

Investigative journalism: Serial, Up and Vanished, and Who the Hell is Hamish?

Inspirational/Motivational: Brene Brown Unlocking Us

Interviews w Celebrities: The Armchair Expert (just got into this one and love the candid conversations Dax Shepard has with other famous people. Makes them seem so much more human to me? Idk if that makes sense but I love it!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oshun For This Useful Post:

hiddenblink (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 11h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Anyone know good history podcasts? I follow Age of Napoleon, The Siecle, History of Ancient Greece, Sean's Russia Blog, History of Japan, always looking for more

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    9h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    "Last Podcast on the Left" is one of my favorites with how they tackle a variety of topics like conspiracy theories, true crime, and some of the most bizzare things there are in life.
    "America Hysteria" is a more scripted and organized take on what LPotL does but also more relaxed and soothing.
    "Cults" is another one that i like to listen to for the very specific topic of cults, how they're formed, what activities they have done and where are they now.
    "Man in The Window: The Golden State Killer" and "Dr. Death" are others I'd recommend if you want a deep dive into one specific true crime case
    "Haunted Places" is a podcast covering what it says on the title
    "Small Town Murder" is in a similar vein except they cover exclusively murders, in small towns, you get it.
    A classic would be to listen to "Heavens Gate" as the accounts and personal connection of the narrator (as a former member of a cult himself) as well as interviews and statements really flesh out the 1997 incident
    "Murder Minute" is another i'd recommend if you don't have too much time or just want a quick listen as its a quick ~20 minute podcast about recent and/or old murder cases

If you're into medical things then I'd recommend "Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine" and "This Podcast Will Kill You" as they're very educational and pretty fun to listen to or zone out into the background while you do other stuff

For story-based podcasts, I'd recommend "The Long Hallway", "Blackwood", "Dreamboy", "Alice isn't Dead", "Earthbreak", and "MrCreepyPasta's Storytime"; "The Edge of Sleep" falls kinda a bit short for me but its a decent story to get invested.

Now all the wordy word podcasts out, excluding ones i didn't mention, there's also this podcast called "The Bilbcast" where its just a cat purring into a mic for a period time and hey if you need some white noise or something to sleep to, may as well let it be a good boi purring happily.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ambrosialprey For This Useful Post:

Lolaloveloki (12-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    12h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I listen to a few. Joe Rogan, recently discovered Bob Saget's podcast, Making sense with Sam Harris. Couple new podcasts Scientology: fair game and Jury Duty: The Trial of Robert Durst. Now from this thread I have to check out True Crime Daily. I love seeing what everyone is listening to, always on the look for new good podcasts. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Thank you for all of these suggestions. They all sound very interesting and just added them to my list to give them a check. I am very into true crime and paranormal, so these sound amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosialprey View Post
    "Last Podcast on the Left" is one of my favorites with how they tackle a variety of topics like conspiracy theories, true crime, and some of the most bizzare things there are in life.
    "America Hysteria" is a more scripted and organized take on what LPotL does but also more relaxed and soothing.
    "Cults" is another one that i like to listen to for the very specific topic of cults, how they're formed, what activities they have done and where are they now.
    "Man in The Window: The Golden State Killer" and "Dr. Death" are others I'd recommend if you want a deep dive into one specific true crime case
    "Small Town Murder" is in a similar vein except they cover exclusively murders, in small towns, you get it.
    A classic would be to listen to "Heavens Gate" as the accounts and personal connection of the narrator (as a former member of a cult himself) as well as interviews and statements really flesh out the 1997 incident
    "Murder Minute" is another i'd recommend if you don't have too much time or just want a quick listen as its a quick ~20 minute podcast about recent and/or old murder cases

If you're into medical things then I'd recommend "Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine" and "This Podcast Will Kill You" as they're very educational and pretty fun to listen to or zone out into the background while you do other stuff

For story-based podcasts, I'd recommend "The Long Hallway", "Blackwood", "Dreamboy", "Alice isn't Dead", "Earthbreak", and "MrCreepyPasta's Storytime"; "The Edge of Sleep" falls kinda a bit short for me but its a decent story to get invested.

Now all the wordy word podcasts out, excluding ones i didn't mention, there's also this podcast called "The Bilbcast" where its just a cat purring into a mic for a period time and hey if you need some white noise or something to sleep to, may as well let it be a good boi purring happily.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrosialprey View Post

I've never heard of the Bilbcast before, and I'm very excited about this! thanks for bringing this amazing thing to light

Edit: To keep on track with podcast recommendations:

I like to listen to pop culture podcasts and light hearted stuff, none of that true crime business Right now I've been listening to the entire Sugar Pine 7 podcast, which has taken several months, another great pop culture cast is the LaserTime podcast, but they've been having issues keeping schedule for a year or so now.

I'm also a huge fan of podcasts that chronicle TV shows episode by episode such as: Talking Simpsons, Gilmore Guys, Go Bayside! (A Saved by the Bell podcast).

If you're into story podcasts I recommend Pleasuretown and Twilight Histories, about a small town in the old wild west and wild alternate histories (Think the Twilight Zone) respectively.
    Last edited by RealisticError; 08-12-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    RedHanded is my favourite right now! It’s true crime, along with popular cases they do a lot of less discussed ones I’d never heard of, and I find with just the right amount of humour vs seriousness (ft. tangents about like, dating apps and their dogs and being English etc). I’m subscribed to their patreon for extra episodes and their decompress-after-all-the-murder mini podcast Under the Duvet too.

The Endless Honeymoon Podcast is the other one I’m really enjoying. It’s married pair of comedians Natasha Leggero and Moshe Kasher doing some combination of updates on their life (currently the ways they’re losing it in quarantine), having other comedians on as guests, taking calls from people who want advice (primarily about relationships but also about whatever), and they have a hotline where people call in and leave voicemails with secrets they’ve never told (that the comedians then make fun of). Something about it is really like, intimate and homey? Idk it’s just nice.

How Did This Get Made? is also one I keep pretty up to date with, though I generally skip their prequel episodes. It’s 3 actor/comedians I like - June Diane Raphael, Paul Scheer, and Jason Mantzoukas - and every episode is about a terrible movie they just watched, not to literally answer how it was produced but it’s just like a rundown and discussion of the nonsense. They do live shows too & the energy is awesome.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Whenever I travel for work I often alternate between Reply All (tech/internet podcast) andSustainabable (environment podcast). Both are fairly easy listening, and a nice mixture between comedy/informative

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I always listen/watch H3H3's podcast, especially when I'm at work. If I run out of that then I listen to Abroad in Japan or Jenna Marbles' podcasts.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My Brother, My Brother, and Me! Best podcast. It's a comedic "advice show".

Other good podcasts:
    The Adventure Zone (DnD by the same ppl as MBMBAM)
    Sawbones (one of the MBMBAM people and his doctor wife taking about weird/bad medical stuff)
    The Last Podcast on the Left (true crime/weird things)
    The Official Podcast (penguinz0 & friends)
    Dear Hank & John (like MBMBAM but with the Green brothers)
    Reply All (tech-and-tech-adjacent)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    "Experience" by Joe Rogan is a good podcast worth listening to.