This is for anyone out there who's just like me -
    1. lazy to read up too much on the battledome
    2. doesn't like to do 2-player fights with others
    3. doesn't know what kind of weapons to buy
    4. doesn't know how much to train their pets
    5. wants to earn as much neopoints as possible
    6. wants to win as much codestones as possible
    7. doesn't want to spend that much on battledome gear

This guide is specifically for people who just wants to be told what to do to earn the most codestones and what to do to train your pet. Far too many guides out there explain what the icons are, what to get to block, what to buy to heal, or freeze and whatnot. I'm here to tell you that you don't need to listen to any of that, unless you're into serious battledoming (eg. fighting with others, doing higher level battledome battles) I have compiled all these information from neoboards, forums, posts, other guides and such so that you don't have to spend the same time scouring all these places like I did.

From this (you need an account to see links), someone actually did a study on the drop rates of battledome opponents, and it shows that difficulty of the opponent does NOT matter, so you can do all your battles on easy. The opponent you fight per each arena also does NOT matter, so you do not have to check the exclusive drops of each opponent. Just follow my guide and you'll be happily farming.

Something additional that people wanted to see was information about codestone drop rates. That's not going on the page due to the inaccuracy that any sample would have, so I'm posting it instead - I remember there were a few people here who were submitting so here you are.

Notes: For this, I excluded all submissions that weren't 15 prizes at once, to reduce selection bias. I didn't differentiate between red and normal codestones. Also, this doesn't take into account the actual time it takes to get the drops (since some domes seem to be less willing to give loot in general).

So, in terms of the three difficulties (easy, medium, hard), for each challenger codestone drop rates were within 2-3% of each other, which is within a margin of error. As such, it appears that for codestones, difficulty selected does not matter.

Similarly, challengers within the same arena (for example, the Koi Warrior or the Walein), also trended to within 2-3% of each other. As such, it appears that challenger selected (within an arena) doesn't matter.

So what does matter? Well, we saw consistently different codestone drop rates between the different arenas. The results of that are:

-Central Arena - 11%

-Dome of the Deep - 30%

-Frost Arena - 17%

-Neocola Centre - 18%

-Pango Palladium - 14%

-Rattling Cauldron - 24%

-Ugga Dome - 14%

-Cosmic Dome - 15%

This means that, as is common knowledge, the water dome is best for codestone drops. But that it doesn't matter what challenger, or what difficulty. Essentially, if you can defeat the Koi Warrior on easy, you will be getting the same amount of codestones as beating Chiazilla on hard. Challenger specific loot will vary, but for most this is junk and isn't a good payout.
    I will divide this guide into 4 tiers - When you just start off, when you're at level 10, when you're at level 50, and when you're at level 50 and have bought premium.

When you first start off

Go and train your pet at the (you need an account to see links).
    Reason? It's cheap! You'll be paying one, two and five dubloons for each point of your pet all the way up to level 40. (One Dubloon Coin = 840np, Two Dubloon Coin = 950np, Five Dubloon Coin = 2800np) Compare this to codestones which cost anything from 2000np to 18000np. *Remember that your stats at the academy can go up to twice your level (Level 20 = 40 Strength/Defence/Agility/HP)

*AND DON'T TRAIN AGILITY. It does nothing for you.

(you need an account to see links)
    From level 1 to 10, you will be fighting against CHIA CLOWN

Reason? This guy is easy to kill and drops a lot of good stuff.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    First up, head to the Shop Wizard and search for these 2 items:
    - Scroll of Ultranova (850np)
    - Lesser Healing Scroll (15,000np)

After you've bought them, head to Battledome and check on your SKILLS. Train Static Cling. It's free.

Once you have all these, go into Battledome and fight Chia Clown. Fight him till you have all 15 items from him. You'll get a lot of codestones, both tan, which you should SAVE so that you can train after level 40, and red, which you can sell. Sometimes he even drops a Chocolate Ice Cream, which can be sold for ~45,000np as compared to its other counterparts - reason being because Chocolate Ice Cream can be used with a Purple Negg at the Cooking Pot to be turned into Punegg which is worth 9 points at the Neggery, that's why.

Prizes:
    (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)

The fight should be easy. Just use the Scroll of Ultranova and the Lesser Healing Scroll together with Static Cling on him and it should be 1HKO all the time. If you're too weak at the start, get a second Scroll of Ultranova and use 2 on him until you're low on health then go with 1 SoU and 1 LHS.

Keep doing this till you hit level 10.

When you're at level 10

Congratulations on getting to level 10!! (Your strength and defence should be ~20)

Continue to train in the Academy till you hit level 40, then switch to the (you need an account to see links) and train up to level 50.

Now it's time to move up the food chain. You can actually start battling S750 Kreludan Defender Robot!! You'll be seeing this guy's face the most, from level 10 to level 50. Reason being because the drop-rate percentage of codestones is 18%, 7% higher compared to 11% from Chia Clown. On top of that, this guy also drops Neocola Coins, which you can either sell, or use to *hopefully* get Transmogrification Potions to sell! There's a really small chance of getting an Armored Negg too (which you can sell for 100,000np or use on your pet for +1 def)

You do not need to upgrade your weapons. Just use the same tactics - either double SoU or 1x SoU and 1x LHS when you're low in health, and use Static Cling.

When you hit level 25 - use bottled Water Faeries on your pet and teach him Icicle (10 Blessings), then switch Static Cling to Icicle as your ability instead.

Prizes:
    (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)

Keep this up till you're level 40~50.

When you're at level 50

You've come to the end of training levels!!!!

When you're level 50, it's time to move on to the final boss! The KOI WARRIOR!!!!!!! (In order to get him as a Battledome Challenger you need to refresh (you need an account to see links))

The Koi Warrior is the easiest opponent in the Dome of the Deep and this area drops a whopping 30% tan and red codestones!! (The highest in the entire Battledome) Now, to fight him you're gonna need to upgrade some things.

To be honest, I started battling him around level 40 cos I was a greedy bitch but it was relatively hard and I had to buy potions to heal up or go visit the Healing Springs more often than once. So I'd say it's safer to get to 50 before you try for him. Your strength and defense should be at least 75~80. Once you're level 50 with 100 strength you can effectively stop training and sell all the codestones you get.

*This info is from bedlam. Thanks bedlam!
    Just a heads up for anyone that will stop training as soon as you can beat Koi warrior, there's no point in having 100 str/def - stop it at either 85 or 125 str/def if you want the next boosts (this is due to the way the battledome icon damage is calculated). Same thing when you start challeging it for the first time, your str/def should be 55 and anything betwee that and 85 is the same damage/defense so you don't need to wait to get more.
    (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    If you're taking him on from level 40, you need to buy
    - Turned Tooth x2 (200,000np x 2 = 400,000np)
    - Greater Healing Scroll OR Helm of Recovery (100,000np - whichever is cheaper)

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    If you're taking him on from level 50, you only need to buy
    - Turned Tooth x 2 (200,000np x 2 = 400,000np)

I know the prices are a little steep, but this will be the one and only time you upgrade your weapons and you can keep using it as long as you want. You'll ultimately get a return on your investment because of all the codestones that you'll earn.

The reason is why you should be level 50 is that you will be able to learn the ability Lens Flare, which effectively stuns your opponent for 1 turn (one use per battle), allowing you to use 2 attack items and not take any damage. Using 2 Turned Tooths will take him out in 1 hit, essentially making each fight a 1HKO. Learning this requires 15 Light Blessings from Light Faerie Bottles.

Prizes:
    (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    This is the last opponent you need. Since it drops the highest amount of codestones, you won't need to continue training your pet (unless you want to) and you no longer need to purchase anymore Battledome gear. On top of that, he drops the occasional Dubloons too! You can now enjoy the fruits of your labor till you quit neopets. Congratulations! And if you're interested in buying premium and earning more neopoints from items.. continue to read down below..

When you're at level 50 AND have bought premium

If you have premium, you have access to the COSMIC DOME!!!
    Now, although it's true that the Cosmic Dome has a lower drop rate of codestones (15%) than the Neocola Center (18%) and the Dome of the Deep (30%), the Cosmic Dome drops NERKMIDS!!! You can keep these Nerkmids to do a run at the Vending Machine where you can win Paint Brushes OR you can sell them at 73,000~80,000 nps a pop!

The weakest opponent here is JETSAM ACE!

He's essentially similar to Koi Warrior or even weaker, so just use the same tactics on Koi Warrior and you're fine.

If you're taking him on from level 40, you need to buy
    - Turned Tooth x2 (200,000np x 2 = 400,000np)
    - Greater Healing Scroll OR Helm of Recovery (100,000np - whichever is cheaper)

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    If you're taking him on from level 50, you only need to buy
    - Turned Tooth x 2 (200,000np x 2 = 400,000np)

The best is, of course, at level 50 where you can use Lens Flare and not take any damage at all.

Prizes:

Well that concludes my guide! I hope this has helped many lazy asses like myself, who do not wish to know too much about the Battledome due to a lack of interest, but just want to know the best way to earn neopoints, codestones or nerkmids from it. Thank you!

A little extra note if you're looking to get the Space Faerie avatar: (you need an account to see links)

I know this has been posted many times, but it is indeed possible to defeat the Space Faerie when you're as low as level 50. Use another 15 Blessings of Air Faerie and learn the ability Throw Pillows. This allows you to block any attack/movement of the opponent and this can be used once per day. Log in everyday, use 2x Turned Tooths and the ability Throw Pillows on her, and you should be able to defeat her after a few days. (I believe it should take ~2 weeks if you're on Level 50 and 100 Strength)

The Space Faerie requires a code (which is obtained from purchasing merchandise) to become a Battledome Challenger. When you're using the code to get the Space Faerie as a challenger, you'll come to a screen where you're prompted to choose between "Claim Prize" or "Keep Flying". Choose "Keep Flying" until you reach the point where the only option is to "Claim Prize". After that, the Space Faerie will challenge you.

And if you'd like to know more about stronger Battledome challengers - do take a look at (you need an account to see links) I made!
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Unown; 10-27-2022 at 02:09 AM.

2. The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Aero (11-07-2020),aevora (05-08-2020),Algaliarept (12-22-2020),Amparo (05-20-2020),badsk8700o (05-21-2020),Bat (05-08-2020),bootiesrus (05-08-2020),BurningBlue (02-17-2024),cahly (09-21-2021),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-18-2023),Charizard (04-23-2023),cielope (01-18-2022),Clefairy (05-21-2020),♥ Crowley ♥ (11-11-2020),cuddlypanda (09-05-2020),Devouredsoul (11-25-2023),♥ Dita ♥ (11-11-2020),Dontlookme (05-23-2020),dramaturgic (09-08-2023),eulaura (12-11-2022),Fiore (11-01-2022),funnybell (07-02-2020),Furina (12-08-2020),gjniev (05-21-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-25-2020),hiddenblink (05-14-2020),Immortal (05-18-2020),Iroh (07-11-2020),Jesuslovescats (04-24-2023),k9427 (02-04-2024),Kaguya (12-15-2023),Maelstra (06-17-2020),Mario2302 (05-22-2020),marvelousmarvin (08-27-2023),Mawb (05-12-2022),Midas (05-08-2020),Mikal (04-21-2023),Mookse (02-21-2021),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-08-2020),Neofiend (04-11-2023),Oshun (05-11-2020),Painwheel (05-08-2020),pangle (05-08-2023),polarbear (06-30-2020),Praise_the_Sun (01-16-2024),Raylu (05-30-2020),RealisticError (05-21-2020),Rosie (12-30-2022),sagetbh (12-27-2023),♥ Seagate ♥ (05-23-2020),Spohia (05-25-2020),steeler (11-24-2022),Uma (04-27-2023),Unlucky (06-06-2021),Vaebae (01-19-2023),wartortle (3 Weeks Ago),Why So Serious? (07-02-2020),wonderrabbit (05-26-2020),wreck4ge (07-02-2020),xChoppie (06-07-2020),ZeroTwo (05-19-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by aevora View Post
    Wow. You're a saint. A NeoSaint. Thank you so much for this, this is exactly the type of guide I had been looking for a few days now and couldn't find anything as straight to the point as this.
    I'm glad this helps.

I, too, have been searching everywhere for certain guides like this. But most guides out there tend to overexplain many aspects about the Battledome which I have absolutely no interest in haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

aevora (05-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    It seems like it is not possible to get Space Faerie now?

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    To the best of my knowledge, the Space Faerie can be unlocked with almost any code at the moment. For example, I know of several players who received that challenger when they redeemed their 2019 Comic Con codes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Midas (05-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I just got the Space Faerie off a code that I bought from someone on eBay. PM me if you want the link!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Robindoo View Post
    It seems like it is not possible to get Space Faerie now?
    Still possible!

I got it quite recently.

You can find people selling it on eBay or even giving out free on the NeoBoards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, the Space Faerie can be unlocked with almost any code at the moment. For example, I know of several players who received that challenger when they redeemed their 2019 Comic Con codes.
    Oh? Even the 2019 SDCC codes give out SF? Damn I did not know that.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Great guide! Just a heads up for anyone that will stop training as soon as you can beat Koi warrior, there's no point in having 100 str/def - stop it at either 85 or 125 str/def if you want the next boosts (this is due to the way the battledome icon damage is calculated). Same thing when you start challeging it for the first time, your str/def should be 55 and anything betwee that and 85 is the same damage/defense so you don't need to wait to get more.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Great guide! Just a heads up for anyone that will stop training as soon as you can beat Koi warrior, there's no point in having 100 str/def - stop it at either 85 or 125 str/def if you want the next boosts (this is due to the way the battledome icon damage is calculated). Same thing when you start challeging it for the first time, your str/def should be 55 and anything betwee that and 85 is the same damage/defense so you don't need to wait to get more.
    Thanks for that bedlam! I'll add it to the guide.

Another thing - I've tested it out with a TCG code and what Bat said is true. All you need to do to make sure that you get the Space Faerie is to go all the way to the end. I've added photos in the post for your perusing!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    WOW man, awesome guide!
    I've been trying to train some shells' pets to do some BD farm and this will help me a toon!

Also, my lazy strategy was to train level until 50 (and only level), so I can get Lens Flare and 1HKO some opponents.
    Since S750 has only 14HP, I guess I can one shot him with some lower bombs, right?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    103 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Thanks for this! I was battling nonsense every challenger and I didn't have good weapons.
    Now I'm just challeging Jetsam Ace, but he doesn't give me as much Nerkids/Codestones as I thinked.