89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Post epic funny stuff.

Give people a thanks if it brought a smile or laugh.

Thus world need more smiles and laughs, not the ones you get from McDonalds.

Please post genuinely funny stuff. Nothing cruel or malicious or we'd be seeing passed out people with their faces scribbled on.

I'll start.

The Situation in Hell
    The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I go out with you", and take into account the fact that I went out with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct . . . leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
    Last edited by Evelsaint; 12-25-2011 at 11:25 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evelsaint For This Useful Post:

Cassie (12-26-2011),kooldude888 (12-26-2011),Ray-Chill (12-26-2011)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steve For This Useful Post:

Cassie (12-26-2011),Emiley (12-25-2011),Evelsaint (12-25-2011),kooldude888 (12-26-2011),Miguel (12-25-2011),Ray-Chill (12-26-2011),Vanguard (12-26-2011)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Holy crap that is hilarious! I'm going to save that.

You didn't find the hell situation funny?

Lol your post brought a smile to my face. We really need more smile and laughter in our world.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ive saw the hell situation before xd.
    Gonna find more stuff.

---------- Post added at 04:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    (you need an account to see links)
    Site is full of goodies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I actually found it too disturbing to find it funny. More disturbed that someone took a picture of it and uploaded it. The kid is never going to live it down.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Last edited by Steve; 12-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Fore anyone wondering it's c ^