Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know where to play abandoned Neopets games?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Question Does anyone know where to play abandoned Neopets games?

Hello, I was wondering if anybody here could help me out. I'm part of a team called "Flashpoint", our goal is to archive as many webgames and Flash animations as we possibly can. In particular, my goal has been to trace as much Neopets content as possible.

The archive of mainline Neopets content is nearing completion, and I've uncovered several "long lost" games including the following:
    • Chiazilla vs. Mechazilla
    • NeoPuzzle
    • NeoWardrobe
    • Colouring Game
    • The Haunted Shootery
    • Battlefield Neopia (AKA: Alien Invasion)
    • Robot Challenge
    • Toucan Sam Challenge
    • Mummy Maze
    • Yooyuball (Original Version)
    • Uber Faerie Caves
    • Space Faerie
    • Techo Safari
    • Switch-A-Roo

As you can see, it's a pretty robust collection. Despite this there are a few games that I am still trying to track down. If anyone knows where to access any of the following, I'd love to see it.
    • Grinch Says (May be named "Techo Says: Grinch Edition)
    • Bullseye
    • Super Bullseye
    • Pumpkin Patch
    • Maraqua Subs (May be named "Sub Game" or "Neo Nautical Adventure")
    • Solo Says
    • PokeMatch
    • Mia's Makeover

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ganonthegreat For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-22-2020),Kaguya (12-13-2023),Neal Caffrey (05-10-2020),Strat (05-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    @(you need an account to see links), I was wondering if you'd ever come here; my husband had mentioned your reddit thread a little while ago. I'm no help for this, but hopefully someone around clraik will be able to assist.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    @(you need an account to see links), I was wondering if you'd ever come here; my husband had mentioned your reddit thread a little while ago. I'm no help for this, but hopefully someone around clraik will be able to assist.
    Thanks, yeah I've been thinking about posting here for a while but I wanted to thoroughly sweep the internet first. There's a very strong chance the games are still out there somewhere I can't find because "Chiazilla vs. Mechazilla" was only actually found very recently on a live website.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    I have a collection of over 900 active, beta and discontinued Neopets Flash games that I've been holding on to for clraik's upcoming stream. I'd be happy to pass those along once we've had a chance to show them to our community!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Hall (07-27-2022),Hazem (05-09-2020),Mama Bear (05-07-2020),Neal Caffrey (05-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I have a collection of over 900 active, beta and discontinued Neopets Flash games that I've been holding on to for clraik's upcoming stream. I'd be happy to pass those along once we've had a chance to show them to our community!
    That would be incredible if you could, do you know if any of the missing games I mentioned are included?

Likewise, if any of my found games are missing in your archive, I'm happy to share.
    Last edited by Ganonthegreat; 05-06-2020 at 04:38 PM.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganonthegreat View Post
    That would be incredible if you could, do you know if any of the missing games I mentioned are included?

Likewise, if any of my found games are missing in your archive, I'm happy to share.
    It doesn't look like I have any of the ones you're missing, but here's what I have:

The IDs that I'm missing were either games that were completely removed from the database, or games that didn't involve Flash files. Some of the duplicate names are beta versions of the games that were uploaded for testing purposes. There are also several Flash files which attempt to load resource files which may or may not be available anymore.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Yeah I think most of the games left never had the ID format, they were in their own folder, like /games/bullseye/bullseye.swf as an example.

Well if you want any of my games let me know. I also found a game called "The Hungry Skeith", which is a completely different game to "Hungry Skeith", and was an unreleased game from Year 1.

Alternatively, if you download Flashpoint you can play them that way too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I can't help but but I want to seriously thank you for what you do.

My heart aches for how the internet used to be, and people like you who work so hard to preserve it deserves recognition.

I might be leading you to a dead end, but I would try and attempt to contact kyo (he's an admin) from a website named comicfury. He did some insane work when it came to crawling/mining neopets data and searching through their code. Chances are slim, but I've been apart of the neopets cheating community for many years and he's the only person that I can think of that would have access to something like that. If not, he might be able to point you to someone who might be able to lead you in the right direction.

Good luck on your search. Thanks again for preserving such a huge part of history.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzeh View Post
    I can't help but but I want to seriously thank you for what you do.

My heart aches for how the internet used to be, and people like you who work so hard to preserve it deserves recognition.

I might be leading you to a dead end, but I would try and attempt to contact kyo (he's an admin) from a website named comicfury. He did some insane work when it came to crawling/mining neopets data and searching through their code. Chances are slim, but I've been apart of the neopets cheating community for many years and he's the only person that I can think of that would have access to something like that. If not, he might be able to point you to someone who might be able to lead you in the right direction.

Good luck on your search. Thanks again for preserving such a huge part of history.
    Thanks for the tip, I'd reached out, I'll see where that gets me. If he has anything, I'll let you know

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    It doesn't look like I have any of the ones you're missing, but here's what I have:

The IDs that I'm missing were either games that were completely removed from the database, or games that didn't involve Flash files. Some of the duplicate names are beta versions of the games that were uploaded for testing purposes. There are also several Flash files which attempt to load resource files which may or may not be available anymore.
    I'm not expecting you to reveal your secrets but just... how does anyone get a collection like that? And when did you start fetching them?
    I sincerely though most of those games were just long lost.