Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone know where to play abandoned Neopets games?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I do miss all of the old games upon coming back to NP after a decade+ break for nostalgia. Admittedly a lot of the old non-Flash games like Cheat and Snow Wars is still around, but I miss the stuff like Bilge Dice, Invasion of Meridell, etc.

Not to mention I'm playing the remaining Flash-based games using a Ruffle emulation extension, but it's very hit and miss and often fails to send scores properly too. All of the old Flash maps are gone too, would have been nice if they kept a button to view the static map. Places like Tyrannia and Roo Island feel absolutely empty, yet a lot of stuff that isn't directly linked is still findable using the search option.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroiSekai View Post
    I do miss all of the old games upon coming back to NP after a decade+ break for nostalgia. Admittedly a lot of the old non-Flash games like Cheat and Snow Wars is still around, but I miss the stuff like Bilge Dice, Invasion of Meridell, etc.

Not to mention I'm playing the remaining Flash-based games using a Ruffle emulation extension, but it's very hit and miss and often fails to send scores properly too. All of the old Flash maps are gone too, would have been nice if they kept a button to view the static map. Places like Tyrannia and Roo Island feel absolutely empty, yet a lot of stuff that isn't directly linked is still findable using the search option.
    As I mentioned in another thread we were replying on, the site will sometimes have a security service up which can mess with sending flash game scores, so a workaround to this is to visit Neopets in another tab once, and then send your score. It'll always send that way. 👍
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    That's great info, thanks for sharing It'll be good to get back into some of the Flash games from the old days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread we were replying on, the site will sometimes have a security service up which can mess with sending flash game scores, so a workaround to this is to visit Neopets in another tab once, and then send your score. It'll always send that way. 👍
    I actually didn't have any time lately to play any games, but I recently got a couple scores on Kass Basher and I tried the new tab trick (on two different browsers and operating systems), and I still get the "Problems processing your score" error on both Chrome and Firefox on two different systems. Sadly, I'm sure there's some sort of disconnect between whatever engine they have receiving scores and the Flash emulation system I use, Ruffle. Just a PSA so you don't get too discouraged hitting a high score and losing it to the submit process.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Just wanted to do one extra check on this if possible. I've been having a lot of errors trying to run stuff through the Ruffle emulator since it's not fully developed yet. I sought out the Pale Moon browser like others have posted about on this forum. The games seem to run just fine, but I still for the life of me cannot fully send a score on Flash games. I tried the new tab trick, even experimented a bit using several browsers and having to achieve and give up a 1st place Deckball score 3 times, but all it does is loop endlessly on the sending score animation. Has anyone seen this specific issue?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Are you using the new script with Ruffle? Since the switch to fully https, scores won't send without that script, even if they load and say "nan" on the buttons. I also do not believe the script is fully functional for all games (people were posting yesterday that they could only play a few minutes of suteks before it stopped working).

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    Are you using the new script with Ruffle? Since the switch to fully https, scores won't send without that script, even if they load and say "nan" on the buttons. I also do not believe the script is fully functional for all games (people were posting yesterday that they could only play a few minutes of suteks before it stopped working).
    Thanks for confirming this, since that last post I did come across that script while digging for more info. I've had success so far sending a few scores but will test more. Finally came across the tree in Kass Basher and successfully submitted a #2 score, which was really nice. The part I'm stuck on is with Deckball- Ruffle seems to be unable to click any of the dropdown menus, so you can't change the difficulty to Captain to actually score points. I've opened up an issue thread on Ruffle's GitHub about it, as I noticed there were several other Neopets related issues open there.

I'll experiment some more for the time being.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroiSekai View Post

This ruffle thing is awesome, thanks for posting about it!

edit: is anyone having issues getting cheat engine to work with ruffle...it' been a long time since I last used CE on flash games, but I think I'm attaching to the right process
    Last edited by RealisticError; 08-07-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    This ruffle thing is awesome, thanks for posting about it!

edit: is anyone having issues getting cheat engine to work with ruffle...it' been a long time since I last used CE on flash games, but I think I'm attaching to the right process
    No worries! Ruffle is not yet complete and still doesn't work with ActionScript3 and some features here and there. Paired with the (you need an account to see links) that does the little workaround for submitting scores, this pairing was the only method I've tried that works quickly and mostly painlessly for submitting scores to the leaderboards.

I can't say honestly about cheat engines sadly, sorry!

Oh, and update from my previous post: you CAN interact with the dropdown menus in Deckball, they are just bound to incorrect dimensions. I was able to make the difficulty box slide down by clicking a bit up and left from the actual box. Your cursor will turn into a finger to signal where you can try clicking. Kind of a little trial and error, but it works.
    Last edited by HiroiSekai; 08-08-2022 at 10:47 PM.