Thread: Shockwave games - if nothing works, try this!

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    115/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    58d 4h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Shockwave games - if nothing works, try this!

My old computer used to run shockwave games but ever since I upgraded it, they stopped working. I've followed pretty much all guides I could find about making shockwave games work on my new pc and nothing did the trick for me.

You should try them before trying this one, though. They're simpler and may work for you, so give them a try:

(you need an account to see links)

Jesedmoga 's guide worked for me for a couple games, but not the rest. Extreme problems call for extreme measures so I set up a windows XP virtual machine aaaand it worked! Here's how I did it:

To set up the VM, follow this guide:

The first step (enabling virtualization in the BIOS) is before the bullet points, pay attention not to miss it! I'm a lazy ass so I almost did

With the VM already up and running, you'll need to uncheck the Mouse Integration option. It should look like this:
    This makes it easier to "lock" and "unlock" your mouse inside the VM window by just pressing the right CTRL in your keyboard.

For some reason I couldn't open most websites inside the VM (including the shockwave download ones) so put the shockwave installer (I used the 10.1.3.018 version from Menine's guide) in a pen drive and do this, so the pen drive shows up inside the VM:

Execute the shockwave installer and you're set!

Open IE, log in and play!

More often than not, you get stuck on those generic neopets loading screens like this one:

So just keep pressing F5 in the game pop-up window and it'll eventually load.

Also, if the VM window is too small just go to the VM's desktop, right click and go to Properties. Open the Settings tab and use the slider to try another resolution.

Hope this helps!

Credits to Jesedmoga, Menine and the author of the VM guide.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ribossoma For This Useful Post:

Chenbi (05-03-2020),Flordibel (05-02-2020),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-02-2020),Menine (05-02-2020),Sam. (07-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    94d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    While I am very anxious to achieve the shockwave trophy's, I am not able to follow your guide. I am sure it is excellent but I am not computer literate. Good luck to others if this works for them

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 11h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutface View Post
    While I am very anxious to achieve the shockwave trophy's, I am not able to follow your guide. I am sure it is excellent but I am not computer literate. Good luck to others if this works for them
    Any part in particular you're struggling with?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutface View Post
    I've tried all different kinds but this is the one that worked for me.