Thread: Welcome back to Neopets Guide - Are you a returning player?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    73d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m

Post Welcome back to Neopets Guide - Are you a returning player?

Are you back to Neopets due to complete boredom or because something is going on right now with the world situation that demands you to #StayHome?
    You don't know anything since you left 10 years ago after you encountered our lovely ""helpful"" Tony P in the support system to have back your account or you just got bored of the game?
    Many things have changed, many stuff have remained the same but at the end of the day this game keeps dragging us back

I'm going to try my best to cover all the questions you might have about what has been going on Neopets in this guide and provide many useful links to make your stay on Neopets enjoyable! -- Feel free to let me know if you don't see something here that you find useful for a returning player

Don't be shy! Stop by the (you need an account to see links) and let us know a little more about you! (It's not mandatory but it's always nice to see new faces step out of the shadows)
    Please, before we start, read the step by step (If needed) of the guides listed. Also, keep in mind that you'll need to be cK+ or (you need an account to see links) to use the programs and UserScripts.

The reason to participate in the BD is that it gives you goodies like Tan/Red Codestones, Neocola Tokens, Armoured Neggs, and even Nerkmids (if premium) that you can sell for profit. Each time you beat an opponent, you’ll obtain something from the General pool, Dome pool, or Opponent pool until you hit the limit of 1500 NP + 15 items daily. Here’s a breakdown.

(you need an account to see links). Lefty ((you need an account to see links)) has a good rundown on what it's about. Are you bothered by betting at the Food Club? Then leave it to (you need an account to see links)!

• The only tip is to bet consistently - you may lose quite a bit, but in the long run, it definitely pays out – and with older accounts, you can earn a LOT when you win since you can bet more.
    • You have no idea about who to follow? (you need an account to see links) where users discuss wich bettor they follow and why.

(you need an account to see links) is another thing players like investing in. It's recommended that you buy the cheapest stocks (15 NP). You should (you need an account to see links), so you can easily see which stocks are at 15 NP currently. You can buy a maximum of 1000 stocks a day, which equates to a 15k investment daily.

• Keep in mind it's a long-term investment. Most people sell at 60 (+300% profit), but some hold for higher (100+). Neostocks is an informative Stock Market tracking site to see trending stocks and provides alerts if desired.

You don't have enough time for this every day? Don't worry! Many of the things mentioned above can be completely automatized with the amazing (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links). Give it a try!

March:

• Faerie Quest Events:
      Starting March 5th (at the stroke of midnight) and ending on March 22nd, the faeries offered the ability to accept a daily faerie quest. (Instead of the usual random quests.) By visiting the (you need an account to see links), you could collect one free item and faerie quest (from a random faerie) per day.

• Daily Dare challenge is often held during this month. Games master AAA and his sister Abigail challenge players to beat their scores in a different game every day.

April:

• During this month, the Negg Faerie, Kari, leaves her Neggery and hides plastic Neggs around Neopia for a site-wide treasure hunt known as the (you need an account to see links).

June:

Altador Cup:
    • The event runs usually from June 1st till the end of the month dnd the sign-ups are usually a week before the main event starts.

October:
    • 31st -- The darkest night in Neopia: Hallowe'en! Expect some spooky new pet colors and possibly an extra-special quest or two as Neopians celebrate everything evil, sinister and monstrous. Be sure to visit the Woods at one minute to midnight to get the Haunted Woods Site Theme. You can (you need an account to see links) to achieve it!

November:

• AAA's Gamesmaster's Challenge -- Like Daily Dare, this event challenges Flash gamers to demonstrate their skills in a whole variety of games, with prizes for the successful.

December:

• The main attraction, though, is the (you need an account to see links)r, where you can watch silly animations designed by the Neopets Team and collect gifts of Neopoints and items every single day!

Others:

These events are not yearly. They are not at the same time of year when it does show up. There has never been any indication that it's now going to be annual or on any kind of regular schedule at all. Mainly these events are attached to TNT predisposition to do it, meaning you just have to keep an eye on the news or the event coverage (If apply) posted below.

Thanks @(you need an account to see links)!

• Daily Dare

This event was expected to go on live between the month of March and May but last year it started on July 31st at exactly 6:30am NST.

• That is up to you to decide and how active you are going to be on Neopets to make the most out of it. There are incentives such as Super Shop Wizard (SSW), if you are a prominent restocker, Species Change Perk (once every 365 days upon first use) that allows you to obtain nearly every converted colored species (no Draiks and Krawks) including the rare Ice Bori, and more. Check out (you need an account to see links) on that.

• A pro tip is that if you're looking to buy a yearly membership wait for the Neopets Premium Sale which usually takes place in August. During that time the yearly membership rate of $69.95 is on sale for $49.95, a savings of $20 off for the year.

Credits:
    I used other guides to create this one, the different guides are already linked here, and this (you need an account to see links)

Last edited by Hazem; 05-01-2020 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Errors & Corrections

2. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Hazem For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-26-2020),aaronsd (06-07-2021),ambrosialprey (07-30-2020),Amparo (04-25-2020),Bat (04-25-2020),Blue-tooth (04-25-2020),♥ bottledwater ♥ (09-07-2022),Chenbi (05-01-2020),Cherubi (04-25-2020),Delibird (04-25-2020),Fabulous (05-14-2020),Flordibel (05-01-2020),gera (04-25-2020),Getwellsoon (04-30-2020),Ghastly (04-25-2020),gjniev (04-26-2020),Immortal (04-29-2020),irritar (06-05-2021),j03 (04-25-2020),Ked (04-25-2020),Koto (04-25-2020),l0st1d0l (05-14-2020),♥ lagrima ♥ (04-30-2020),Lolaloveloki (05-03-2020),Mama Bear (04-25-2020),Menine (04-25-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (04-27-2020),Nami (04-25-2020),Neal Caffrey (06-20-2021),Oshun (04-25-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-12-2020),Spunkii (05-24-2020),steeler (04-26-2020),strickenchicken (08-29-2023),♥ Styx ♥ (09-10-2023),Vulpes (10-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    This is a wonderful guide and I will rep once I get the chance.

May I suggest adding (you need an account to see links). I found it helpful for some players who have been gone for years at a time.

Great guide!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gera For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-14-2020),Hazem (04-25-2020),Lolaloveloki (05-03-2020),♥ Styx ♥ (09-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    73d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    This is a wonderful guide and I will rep once I get the chance.

May I suggest adding (you need an account to see links). I found it helpful for some players who have been gone for years at a time.

Great guide!
    Thank you!
    /~whatwenton is already there in the Account Related section. Thank you for your suggestion!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
    Thank you!
    /~whatwenton is already there in the Account Related section. Thank you for your suggestion!
    I'm a dumbass lol. And blind apparently.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    88/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    73d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    I'm a dumbass lol. And blind apparently.
    No worries
    I'm going to highlight it since those guides are really important

Pronouns
    That
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    136 times
    Time Online
    64d 26m