Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you find yourself playing more oldschool games these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 8h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Anyone else remember games like Unreal Tournament / Counter Strike? Those were the best games during their time...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) wow that's really cool of them.
    @(you need an account to see links) We are just retro so we cool

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by SupahSora View Post
    The past 10 or so years of my life has been all about playing old school games, lol! Neopets, RuneScape, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, and various old PS1 and PS2 games I have. Of course, now is an especially good time to get into these games again.
    Omg haha, I tried to get on RuneScape just last week and realised that they've moved all the accounts over from their RuneScape Classic platform to this new one which has better graphics. I haven't tried it out yet but it lost the nostalgia value for me!! They still have the RuneScape Classic, but no point going there and starting from scratch

RTC is hands down the best. You know there's some really good RTC games that run on Android devices too btw. I've been playing one of the 1 time paid apps for a long time on the phone, it's so much fun playing RTC on the phone - and it's surprisingly stable, if you were interested I can tell you the one I use specifically!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    @(you need an account to see links) Ah you mean Old School RuneScape? Yeah, I love the graphics and everything about Old School, but it doesn't seem too much fun starting from scratch again. And yeah, if you're trying to come back after like 5+ years, it's really tough. Especially with the new menus and interface. With my menu screen layout, I try to have it look like it did back in 2007-ish. I hate fullscreen.

And RTC for the phone? Wow. Sounds cool, but I think I'd way prefer playing on a computer. That's just me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    RS3 and Neopets mainly. Thinking about Maplestory, but the servers are so empty these days.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    7d 14h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by SupahSora View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) Ah you mean Old School RuneScape? Yeah, I love the graphics and everything about Old School, but it doesn't seem too much fun starting from scratch again. And yeah, if you're trying to come back after like 5+ years, it's really tough. Especially with the new menus and interface. With my menu screen layout, I try to have it look like it did back in 2007-ish. I hate fullscreen.

And RTC for the phone? Wow. Sounds cool, but I think I'd way prefer playing on a computer. That's just me.
    Yesss, I used to play RuneScape like 12 years ago, it was such a long time ago! Farmed so much, was never a premium member, but had a whole bunch of trimmed armour and such. I really miss the nostalgia of the graphics there, and fishing for Salmon and cooking it - those blocky graphics man!

And fair enough about RTC haha, the one for Android that works very well is "RTC Classic", it's the RTC2 engine reverse engineered to work on Android, it works so well, and it's exactly what the original game on the PC is like! You can even transfer save games between the PC and Android for the scenarios you play. They managed to make the whole interface work very nicely for such a small format screen. Worth the shot if you have a long commute after COVID and you have nothing better to do

I really enjoy playing it on flights I had to take pre-COVID!

Quote Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    RS3 and Neopets mainly. Thinking about Maplestory, but the servers are so empty these days.
    Ahhhh Maplestory was awesome, played that ages ago too. Also played way too much RO and also some Flyff. Ah man, some real nostalgia!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aaronsd For This Useful Post:

Sora (04-20-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I actually recently (due to the virus) had enough time to set up two virtual machines with classic games on them. One is a Windows DOS machine, and the other is Windows 98. They ended up with classics like Warcraft/Warcraft II, DOOM, Commander Keen, EPIC Pinball, the Backyard Sports saga, and a ton of others. They have been so much fun to even get setup, let alone the replay value I've gotten out of them.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Who hasn't? xD

LodeRunner... SO EPIC! (the 94's one)
    But have yet to turn on the PS1. I loved to play Driver back then (mostly the 2nd).
    The best thing is the feeling of nostalgia.
    Last edited by MKM; 04-22-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Alien Shooter. I don't know wich year is it but it's old enough

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Definitely got back HARD on neopets and I don't know if you'll call it a retro game but I also started playing Sims 4. It just takes me back to when Sims 2 came out, more than 10 years ago, and got me hooked.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mokavanila For This Useful Post:

Bellz (04-30-2020)