Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the dumbest way you�ve been injured?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    So I was bored and a dumb kid, when my slightly older but incredibly swole and dumber cousin visited my home. We had nothing to play but some rocks and my dad's baseball bat, so we just started breaking bottles and playing improvised baseball with no adult supervision whatsoever. For the picture, imagine one of those teenagers that somehow hit puberty at 9 and by 12 they already look like Olympic medalists raiding a middle school; that was my cousin. I was just a short puny 10yo.

So, while playing baseball I pitched a rock the size of my hand and that human hypertrophied muscle bag batted it light-speed towards my face, not intentionally, but in the first try as if life had already decided to punish my stupidity. I fell to the ground semi-conscious to hit my face once more. I still remember that rock moving in slow-mo towards my eye.

After some panicking, my cousin called an ambulance, but also took the chance to take a picture of my eye. It was like a red balloon stuck to where my eye was. Fortunately I didn't lose my eye and it didn't leave a visible scar, but the picture was so gross and I swear I heard something cracking from inside my head lol
    Last edited by Jesedmoga; 04-15-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    It felt fine for most of that time - it was just when I started walking 4-12 miles a day that it started flaring up again. Weird that it felt fine for so long but it was super obviously torn on the MRI. I have no clue how I felt as little as I did, but maybe it's related to why it felt normal for so long. Some weird lack of pain response.
    Maybe you are just a badass or a very lucky mofo.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jesedmoga View Post
    After some panicking, my cousin called an ambulance, but also took the chance to take a picture of my eye. It was like a red balloon stuck to where my eye was. Fortunately I didn't lose my eye and it didn't leave a visible scar, but the picture was so gross and I swear I heard something cracking from inside my head lol
    How long did it take to go back to normal?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Well, the pain went away in about two weeks, and I think it took me about a month to heal completely.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    I've heard of back pain from picking stuff up but chest popping? Tinypaws, that is insane!
    Thank you for this post and reminding me to contact my doctor. I've been wanting to make a doctor appointment...but that's obviously not a place people want to go right now.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) True, I've been having my doctor appointments through video chats.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by tinypaws View Post
    Thank you for this post and reminding me to contact my doctor. I've been wanting to make a doctor appointment...but that's obviously not a place people want to go right now.
    I feel you. I've been putting off scheduling an MRI for a minor injury for months, and now looks like I'm going to be waiting a lot longer.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    2 equally dumb ways

First when I was like 12 I put this tiny rocking chair on top of a couch and then stood on it to try and touch the ceiling.
    Fell down and ended up bruising my tailbone, took multiple years to heal.

Second was last year during a concert. Was drunk and the heel of my shoe fell off but I decided to stay in the pit anyways. I got knocked down three times in less than 5 mins because I was extremely unbalanced, each time landing on my hand (like how you place your hands to do a pushup). Ended up having a really nasty sprain after that.
    Last edited by My name is Yoshikage Kira; 04-15-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    31d 9h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Last year someone step on my big toe. My nail fell out not long after. After growing back, my nail was weird. I had to go get it removed COMPLETLY. After that, my nail grew back again & I had to get treatment for ingrown nail...End of the story. I'm traumatized. It took ONE year for my nail to come back to normal. Take care of your nails kids.

Healers - Defenders of cK

Signature sticker by @(you need an account to see links)

Gif by @xmilo

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    434 times
    Time Online
    64d 3h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    One day when we had bbq when I was a kid, I played with my siblings a stupid game. We used to turn around in small circles the fastest we could and then just walk around dizzily. But my dizzy young self bumped into the grill instead and I got a pretty bad burn on my arm.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 18h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Oh I got a few. Contains graphics (not images just a novel)

Woe is me. Nothing new happened lately so I guess I can count my blessings!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Amparo (05-14-2020),kittyray (04-19-2020)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast