Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the dumbest way you�ve been injured?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I have a good recent one:
    I have a new puppy, and in order to potty train him I have these gates all across my house so he is locked into small sections of the house (dogs learn not to pee in areas associated as "theirs". He's a small dog so it's harder for him to learn that my decently sized house is "all his area". Also small dogs are notoriously harder than large dogs to potty train lmao).

So anyway, I have pokemon go on and I see lickitongue spawn on my nearby. I'm naked, but god damn I need my fucking lickilicki so I'm going to get that bastard. I rush to get dressed and I try to navigate past these damn gates as fast as I can and I end up snagging my foot on one, tripping, busting my ass, and the gate fell on me (it's a big ol' metal gate). Fucking ouch.
    And by the time I got there, that fucker despawned.

I could probably think of better ones later, but boutta do my zoom lesson for school. So we'll see what else I can think of later (:<

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    9d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Jumping over back fence, and was too close to a broken tree (only had flip-flops on) and skewered the top of my foot on a broken branch.

I had to jump back over and hobble up 1/2 acre yard with blood pouring out of my foot, really thought I was going to faint from blood loss. I had to call for a neighbour to drive me to the drs.

I had 4 pain injections while the doctor pulled pieces of the tree out of my foot. I eventually got 6 stitches.

A few years later, my foot was getting real sore where the stitches were. I had to go back and get the foot opened up again to remove more tree from the area. This required another 3 stitches. I have an almost perfect X on the top of my foot. LOL.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzeh View Post
    I have a good recent one:
    I have a new puppy, and in order to potty train him I have these gates all across my house so he is locked into small sections of the house (dogs learn not to pee in areas associated as "theirs". He's a small dog so it's harder for him to learn that my decently sized house is "all his area". Also small dogs are notoriously harder than large dogs to potty train lmao).

So anyway, I have pokemon go on and I see lickitongue spawn on my nearby. I'm naked, but god damn I need my fucking lickilicki so I'm going to get that bastard. I rush to get dressed and I try to navigate past these damn gates as fast as I can and I end up snagging my foot on one, tripping, busting my ass, and the gate fell on me (it's a big ol' metal gate). Fucking ouch.
    And by the time I got there, that fucker despawned.

I could probably think of better ones later, but boutta do my zoom lesson for school. So we'll see what else I can think of later (:<
    I shouldnt be laughing at this but I know the struggles of potty training, those darn gates AND the rush when you see a pokemon nearby that you need! Those lickitung dont spawn too often around my area either so it's a cherry on top of everything LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by nattiee View Post
    I shouldnt be laughing at this but I know the struggles of potty training, those darn gates AND the rush when you see a pokemon nearby that you need! Those lickitung dont spawn too often around my area either so it's a cherry on top of everything LOL
    RIGHT. RIGHT.
    Double ouch man. Physical and emotional LMAO.
    I ran as fast as I could. I miss the days of pokescanners.

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My dumb-ass ran full speed into a fence.

Okay to be fair, my dad was building a fence so he only had the poles up and a thin wire across the tops. It was sunset and I was racing my dog down a hill towards this new fence, forgetting that it was there. And in the sunset I couldn't see the wire, and my dog ran underneath...so I ran straight into it because it was right at my face level...so I went to school with an unmistakable line indented in my face for like two weeks...
    I told people a cat scratched me which somehow people believed even though it clearly was an indent not a scratch--but I couldn't admit my dumb-ass ran into a fence.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) lmao sorry mate. XD The worst part is that you didn't get that pokemon, which probably made the whole thing hurt even more.
    @(you need an account to see links) I know the feeling, though I ran into a glass door not a wire fence. lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

Crow (05-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) lmao sorry mate. XD The worst part is that you didn't get that pokemon, which probably made the whole thing hurt even more.
    @(you need an account to see links) I know the feeling, though I ran into a glass door not a wire fence. lol
    Would like to hear more about this glass door encounter

Maybe not super relevant but about 2 weeks ago I banged my elbow on the bedroom door in excitement as I was going to get the Krispy Kreme donuts a friend dropped off. Usually I just curse and in 30 minutes or less it's all good. Not this time. Not sure where I hit or how hard I hit it but it still hurts I cant rest my elbow on anything. The cherry on top is that I sleep on the side of the bed where that arm props me up when I grab something off the nightstand. The other night I woke up to get a drink and half asleep I used my elbow to prop me up. That was fun......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) I was in a hurry to get out the pouring rain with a bag of groceries, the lanai door is usually open. My upper forehead got most of the impact since I had my head kinda down trying to keep my glasses dry.

Oh yes, the ulnar nerve is a villain! Though I really hope you didn't fracture the elbow bone. D:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Ouch! I'm glad you didnt slip on top of that. Rain can be dangerous!

& thanks. Nothing is/was swollen so I'm hoping it's not an actual fracture. Trying to avoid going get checked out with this pandemic stuff going on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    12h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    When I was 16 I had a couple of alcopops for my birthday. Sang karaoke and being a complete rockstar, I jumped off the sofa and slashed open my hip on the non-sharp radiator. I still have the scar 12 years later...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast