Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the dumbest way you�ve been injured?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

What is the dumbest way you�ve been injured?

Never broken a bone in my life but I've gotten hurt in unexpected ways. Once I was playing with my dog and he headbutted me in the nose and gave me a nosebleed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    It hurts so much getting hit in the nose. Either getting a dodgeball to the face as a kid, or falling off a purple hippo ride when I was a kid and breaking my nose and losing a bunch of teeth. It wasn't even that far from the floor but as soon as my mother walked away for a moment, I guess little me wanted to follow her - so I face planted and hit the floor LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I started horseback riding when I was 4. At 22, I tore two ligaments in my ankle just cantering my horse in a circle. Same stuff I had been doing nearly every day for the past 18 years...no clue why that day was different But yay, ankle surgery.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    I started horseback riding when I was 4. At 22, I tore two ligaments in my ankle just cantering my horse in a circle. Same stuff I had been doing nearly every day for the past 18 years...no clue why that day was different But yay, ankle surgery.
    ouch! That sounds so painful! Just thinking about it makes my ankles ache! I sprained my ankle in middle school playing soccer and walked home without telling anyone. I had to cut the shoe to get my foot out.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I've never broken a bone, but when I was bending down and picking up a bag of cat litter my chest popped and I guess I gave myself costochondritis, inflammation of the cartilage that connects ribs and sternum and it still pops and hurts 5 months later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tinypaws For This Useful Post:

Gato (10-19-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    It hurts so much getting hit in the nose. Either getting a dodgeball to the face as a kid, or falling off a purple hippo ride when I was a kid and breaking my nose and losing a bunch of teeth.
    lol Are you talking about the coin-operated rides? Those rides are so easy to fall out of!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    ouch! That sounds so painful! Just thinking about it makes my ankles ache! I sprained my ankle in middle school playing soccer and walked home without telling anyone. I had to cut the shoe to get my foot out.
    The worst part is that I didn't know I tore ligaments for literally 6 years after the injury. Urgent care did x-rays, said nothing was broken, and sent me home with crutches and instructions to rest. Didn't tell me to follow up with an orthopedist or anything...so I didn't think to. Couple weeks later it started getting better. Didn't think anything of it. Until 2017 when it started hurting when I worked out...which got worse to the point I would have such excruciating pain putting any weight at all on that ankle at completely random times - like physically cannot take a step levels of pain. That was really fun when it happened as I was walking across parking lots and stuff :')

So then in 2018 I finally got to the orthopedist - after 6 weeks of unnecessary PT (which they made me do before I could get an MRI - I swear it made things worse) I finally got in front of a surgeon who took about 5 seconds to identify the two torn ligaments and say this is 100% a candidate for surgery. UGH.

The good news is that the surgery was absolutely worth it and I have no ankle pain at all now for the most part. Just a wild ride getting to this point

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've heard of back pain from picking stuff up but chest popping? Tinypaws, that is insane!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    The worst part is that I didn't know I tore ligaments for literally 6 years after the injury. Urgent care did x-rays, said nothing was broken, and sent me home with crutches and instructions to rest. Didn't tell me to follow up with an orthopedist or anything...so I didn't think to. Couple weeks later it started getting better. Didn't think anything of it. Until 2017 when it started hurting when I worked out...which got worse to the point I would have such excruciating pain putting any weight at all on that ankle at completely random times - like physically cannot take a step levels of pain. That was really fun when it happened as I was walking across parking lots and stuff :')

So then in 2018 I finally got to the orthopedist - after 6 weeks of unnecessary PT (which they made me do before I could get an MRI - I swear it made things worse) I finally got in front of a surgeon who took about 5 seconds to identify the two torn ligaments and say this is 100% a candidate for surgery. UGH.

The good news is that the surgery was absolutely worth it and I have no ankle pain at all now for the most part. Just a wild ride getting to this point
    Six years dude? Wow you did go through a lot. I'm glad you are painless now!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    40d 13h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    lol Are you talking about the coin-operated rides? Those rides are so easy to fall out of!
    Yes, the coin-operated ones. Definitely!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I've heard of back pain from picking stuff up but chest popping? Tinypaws, that is insane!

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Six years dude? Wow you did go through a lot. I'm glad you are painless now!
    It felt fine for most of that time - it was just when I started walking 4-12 miles a day that it started flaring up again. Weird that it felt fine for so long but it was super obviously torn on the MRI.

Actually now that I think about it - it makes a little bit of sense. I declined the nerve block in my knee the morning of surgery - they thought I was nuts. I had to sign a bunch of forms saying I was 100% sure I wanted to decline it, they explained about 10 times that it was meant to help and it would provide me like 48 hours of no pain after surgery...I didn't get it *shrug*

BUT I didn't have pain after surgery...like, I have a 4 inch scar on my ankle - they CUT ME OPEN and not in a small way. And it didn't hurt afterwards, even with no nerve block. They sent me home with a bunch of narcotics and I never took them - I took ibuprofen ONE time during my entire recovery. Honestly the only thing that ever hurt was if I shifted my foot inside the splint and the stitches pulled against the bandage. I have no clue how I felt as little as I did, but maybe it's related to why it felt normal for so long. Some weird lack of pain response. No clue! Just happy it's all behind me now haha