Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you listen to music in other languages?

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Do you listen to music in other languages?

yeah, im a big fan of discover music and i discovered songs in other languages i cant even understand but i feel good when i hear them.

this is a good example haha.

please feel free to post a song in your native lenguage since i noticed there's a lot of people from other countrys!
    here's mine:

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Do me a favor and choose your titles more carefully, Poppa. "do you hear music in other languages even when you dont understand it?" sounds like you're asking if people experience auditory hallucinations. I've rephrased your title to be easier to understand at a glance.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Evangelion (07-12-2019)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Do me a favor and choose your titles more carefully, Poppa. "do you hear music in other languages even when you dont understand it?" sounds like you're asking if people experience auditory hallucinations. I've rephrased your title to be easier to understand at a glance.
    I think I'm a headache for you @(you need an account to see links), sorry for that.
    sometimes its hard for me to formulate correctly my titles since english isnt my 1st lenguage.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    I used to listen to a lot of Italian pop music when I was studying the language; I especially liked watching Disney movies with the Italian dub! These days, my most frequently played list on Spotify is my K-Pop one though. I don't speak a word of Korean, but it's got such great energy and beat.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    That's okay, Poppa. If I could make one recommendation, it would be to try for shorter, more concise sentences to get your point across. The longer your explanation, the more likely it's going to get lost in translation. We appreciate that you're making the effort to participate, so no worries!

I listen to J-Pop occasionally. It's very energetic and bubbly, and it confounds me that the lyrics don't rhyme! If I'm on a late-night coding binge and I'm feeling groggy, a bit of that fantastic nonsense is good for a quick jolt.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    6d 18h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    For me is K-pop, too, mostly when exercising. 10/10, would recommend it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hello
    I mostly hear in English, but there are good nordic metal bands which I like and don't understand; Japanese is nice to practice the hearing; and Italian operas.
    There are some nice Portuguese musics, but I don't like the most. I only like some rock bands (Xutos&Pontap�s, Moonspell,...) and Fado (couldn't ask for more Portuguese traditional music). Each faculty in college even have their own farewell ballad in Fado.

And since you asked for native music, I leave you with Fado (one farewell ballad and other from a profissional singer)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Hell yeah I do! Fell into the (you need an account to see links) in 2010/2011 but listen to it less now ever since my fav singer from my fav group died in December 2017 (Jonghyun from SHINee).

I do also love listening to (you need an account to see links)and (you need an account to see links)' (you need an account to see links). Honestly really love the Korean version of (you need an account to see links) too. I also really like (you need an account to see links) and some (you need an account to see links).

And to be perfectly honest, most (you need an account to see links) is super nostalgic to me and I love it.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Stardust (07-13-2019)

Pronouns
    ✨ she / her✨
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    286 times
    Time Online
    59d 23h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Although I don't understand most of what I listen to, I do love listening to songs in other languages! I've listened to songs in Japanese, French, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Romanian, Swedish, German, and probably even more lol. But I'm really into J-pop/J-rock, K-pop, and French right now

Here are some of my current fav songs from other languages:

Andromeda
    Hatched: 11-15-2020
    Last Evolution: 1-1-2021
    Survived the Ryupocalypse 7-15-2021

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    Thanks TsUNaMy WaVe for the Paladins userbar!
    Thanks Lyrichord for the custom avatar userbar!

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    12d 9h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I used to listen to a lot of Italian pop music when I was studying the language; I especially liked watching Disney movies with the Italian dub! These days, my most frequently played list on Spotify is my K-Pop one though. I don't speak a word of Korean, but it's got such great energy and beat.
    omg disney movies in italian? haha that sounds funny
    K-pop its so popular now as far i can see, my gf and my sister are into that world and i heard lot of songs with such a happy vibe, one day i translated one and them have positive messages, its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    That's okay, Poppa. If I could make one recommendation, it would be to try for shorter, more concise sentences to get your point across. The longer your explanation, the more likely it's going to get lost in translation. We appreciate that you're making the effort to participate, so no worries!

I listen to J-Pop occasionally. It's very energetic and bubbly, and it confounds me that the lyrics don't rhyme! If I'm on a late-night coding binge and I'm feeling groggy, a bit of that fantastic nonsense is good for a quick jolt.
    Thanks for the Advice Odd i appreciate it!
    i just looked for some j-pop and sounds more energetic but at the same time sounds more cute? haha its hard to describe.
    such incredible vibes even when thats not the type of music i like haha

Quote Originally Posted by Adrieelp View Post
    For me is K-pop, too, mostly when exercising. 10/10, would recommend it.
    I'm used to workout with cinematic music (like the troya's soundtrack) i feel like im building my own empire hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaPickachu View Post
    Hello
    I mostly hear in English, but there are good nordic metal bands which I like and don't understand; Japanese is nice to practice the hearing; and Italian operas.
    There are some nice Portuguese musics, but I don't like the most. I only like some rock bands (Xutos&Pontap�s, Moonspell,...) and Fado (couldn't ask for more Portuguese traditional music). Each faculty in college even have their own farewell ballad in Fado.

And since you asked for native music, I leave you with Fado (one farewell ballad and other from a profissional singer)

omg Fado sounds so amazing ;-:
    it reminded me what here we call "trios"

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Hell yeah I do! Fell into the (you need an account to see links) in 2010/2011 but listen to it less now ever since my fav singer from my fav group died in December 2017 (Jonghyun from SHINee).

I do also love listening to (you need an account to see links)and (you need an account to see links)' (you need an account to see links). Honestly really love the Korean version of (you need an account to see links) too. I also really like (you need an account to see links) and some (you need an account to see links).

And to be perfectly honest, most (you need an account to see links) is super nostalgic to me and I love it.
    omg that Juanes songggggg!!! i feel nostalgic now.
    i had a friend who liked to get drunk with Juanes playing in the background when i was like 17 yrs old (he passed away sadly)
    Quote Originally Posted by mimori View Post
    Although I don't understand most of what I listen to, I do love listening to songs in other languages! I've listened to songs in Japanese, French, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Romanian, Swedish, German, and probably even more lol. But I'm really into J-pop/J-rock, K-pop, and French right now

Here are some of my current fav songs from other languages:

the first one reminded me kygo hahaha also i never heard japenese? rock hahahaha sounds weird but good!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Evangelion For This Useful Post:

Bat (07-13-2019),Crow (07-13-2019),MKM (07-13-2019),Stardust (07-13-2019)