Thread: How to buy things on clraik - a guide for first timers [updated apr 4 2020]

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 22h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 59m

How to buy things on clraik - a guide for first timers [updated August 7 2020]

Updated August 7 2020 - Fleshed out the iTrader section

ABSTRACT
    I�ve gotten messages from a LOT of newcomers who wish to buy something but aren�t sure how to go about it. In the interest of giving future newcomers a place to refer to, I present to you a basic guide on how buying things on clraik usually goes down. Please note that while there are tips sprinkled around in this guide, this is NOT a guide on how to blend into the PC, so if you are looking for specific advice or a consultation on how to integrate your new pet this is not the guide for you. If someone does sit down and makes the effort to help you though, please remember to (you need an account to see links)!

Disclaimer: This guide is made with mix of anecdotal experience and advice I've seen on clraik. All of the advice in this guide have applied to my own main (and my personal buying + selling experience) in the past, with success. But YMMV!
    Disclaimer part 2: Because of so much conflicting information on clraik re: flags, there aren�t any (re: pet transfers, item transfers, account activity) we collectively know for sure. If they were common knowledge, they wouldn�t be flags anymore, TNT would just change them.

AUDIENCE
    This guide is aimed for those who:
    ✔ Are completely new to buying black market Neopets goods
    ✔ Are seeking the general steps on how to purchase, every step of the way from planning to aftercare
    ✔ Are not PC known/famous and wish to enjoy their pet in private
    ✔ Understand that buying black market goods is against the rules of Neopets TOS, and thus accept that they are subject to a) getting rightfully frozen by TNT and b) the (very slim) possibility that the original owner might return. Please consider this caveat carefully and decide for yourself what's worth it to you.

This guide is not for those who:
    ✖ Have very specific situations that often involve the public eye
    ✖ Intend on purchasing their goods solely for trading or showing off

Anyway, without further ado...

HOW TO BUY THINGS ON CLRAIK

Majority of sellers here take USD by Paypal, and some will ask you to cover the sending fees. There are three ways a seller can have you pay by Paypal:

Send by Friends & Family option - F&F fees are incurred by the sender. The fee will vary depending on a) the difference of the geographical location between you and the seller, and b) whether you are sending from your credit/debit card or through your Paypal account.
    I'm Canadian, so in my experience there is no fee for sending or receiving money to/from others within Canada.
    The fee for sending money from outside of North America (Singapore, Brazil, Hong Kong, etc) > the fee for sending money within North America (between Canada and the US).
    As well, because Paypal are the highwaymen they are, there is yet another extra fee for sending money through your credit and debit account, so try to send from your Paypal wallet - it's free!

Send by Goods & Services - G&S fees are incurred by the receiver. To get around a ridiculous F&F fee, you can send by Goods and Services and cover the (smaller) fee by adding it to your total. I personally like to use (you need an account to see links) calculator when going this route.

Pay by Invoice - an invoice will be sent to your Paypal email and you can pay from there.

UC/BD PETS - This is the longest section because this is the topic newbies tend to ask about the most!

And that's it on pets! I've had the most success with the general steps outlined here.

NP ITEMS/NC

Overall, I see that first-time buyers are afraid of immediately getting frozen when something is sent to them. This doesnt happen as often as you may think!

ACCOUNTS

LASTLY...
    You can leave feedback for who you've dealt with!

Click on the persons' profile, and look for the 'Feedback Score' tab, and click 'Submit Feedback for X'

You will see the following form:

It isn't mandatory, but iTrader is super important for the members here on ck! I suggest leaving iTrader after some time has elapsed after your purchase, as it will be more meaningful and more reflective of the seller than if you left it right away, because you can't change it if something happens to your goods due to the seller's negligence.

Thanks for reading! I hope this helps future first-timers feel a little more comfortable buying ^o^
    And as well, if anyone has anything to contribute or peer-review on, do let me know and I will credit you!
    Last edited by Maki; 08-07-2020 at 07:51 PM.

2. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

alinette (12-05-2023),Anteiku (04-25-2020),Autobot (05-26-2020),Bellz (04-26-2020),Blankie (05-08-2020),bootiesrus (05-24-2020),caxium (03-23-2021),♥ Cerberus ♥ (04-25-2023),Cherubi (04-24-2020),Cody. (05-14-2020),Cookie Tray (09-02-2021),♥ corazon ♥ (09-09-2020),datalore (12-01-2021),Delibird (04-20-2020),Draconic (04-20-2020),eva (12-17-2023),Fabulous (06-11-2020),Furina (06-19-2020),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (05-08-2020),Ked (04-20-2020),lluvia (06-07-2020),mokavanila (05-04-2020),Oshun (04-22-2020),Puppo (04-21-2020),qldavidlp (06-06-2022),Redacted (04-21-2020),Sakuras (08-08-2020),sheli (06-25-2020),Strangle (06-14-2020),thatsmycurse (07-31-2023),Tyranitar (07-11-2021),Unown (06-21-2020),valora (05-28-2020),wildnova (05-25-2020),Worlds (05-09-2020)