Thread: Favorite stretches for hip/lower back?

Threaded View

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

Favorite stretches for hip/lower back?

So I usually spend a lot of time at my computer and worked from home 2 days a week before all this quarantine nonsense started, so I didn't think I'd have too much of an issue transitioning to full time work from home, but I'm finding out that's definitely not the case. Just over 2 weeks in and I'm developing a whole bunch of hip pain on one side, presumably from spending almost all my time in this chair every day.

I already ordered a new chair since mine is old, not supportive in the slightest, and has lost all the cushion it once had. I do 90min-2hours+ of cardio 6-7 days a week...and still for some reason my body is not agreeing with this extra time at my desk. I'm getting up and walking around as often as I can, but my house is so insanely small (< 10 steps from end to end) that it's tough to find something else to go do that makes enough difference.

Does anyone have favorite stretches or simple exercises for lower hip and lower back issues I might be able to try? I'm not sure how long I'll be stuck in this working situation for, but it's already killing me and I don't want to let it continue to get worse if I can be counteracting it. I really didn't realize just how much casual movement I had during the day before this started

Thanks for anyone's insight or suggestion <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nimue For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-10-2020)