Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiinzen View Post
    I also haven't read a fanfic in a long, long time

I used to LOVE them when I was younger. Totally addicted! I don't even know which are the most famous fanfic platforms/websites nowadays... I'm lost xD
    fanfiction.net still exists - but I'm extremely partial to archiveofourown.org - to my knowledge its the one most people use!

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Hehe, I'm an AO3 fan for real.

I got my fanfic "start" by reading Cats the Musical fics on Geocities and Angelfire sites... then transitioned to LJ and fanfiction.net; there's an HP fanfic I've been following there for ten years (that still updates!). This is when tropes like "The Official Fanfiction University of..." spinoffs were still popular

I got into AO3 in 2012 at the height of the Avengers fandom. And wow, what a site!! I was so impressed! The UI, the search functions, the fact that you could post explicit fic... incredible. TAGGING?! So cool!!

I look back on my AO3 boomarks and can easily identify slices of my life: college me was very into Marvel and Teen Wolf (MTV), then I had a Merlin phase, the summer I went to London I was very into 00Q, then One Direction, then anime... yeah. I love fanfic.

I write as well; mostly explicit oneshots - I'm not as confident in my writing as I want to be (and I don't think I have the attention span) to complete a novel of any significant size. I finished my first multichap fic in March (only 3 chapters, 11k, it BARELY counts), and it was pretty significant for me.

I love those massive epics of fic... there's always one in every fandom, ya know? lol. It's always interesting for me to watch how certain fanons from popular fics will make their way into the wider fanon and show up in art from BNFs, etc.

Then I also like the offbeat, explicit fics too. Chances are if you're horny for what you're writing, your enthusiasm will shine through, and it'll be awesome.

To your point about what you said about fanfic shaping your daily life: I attribute my communication skills to fanfic. I joke about how I've seen enough fic based off of misunderstandings that it taught me how to talk to people, but it's kind of true!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-13-2020),gjniev (04-11-2020),Nimue (04-10-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (04-11-2020),Stardust (04-12-2020),Winona (04-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    loooool I used to write fanfiction. I was like 16 in the library writing about threesomes being had by fictional characters. I loved it xD I used to read alot of it too. I got my sister into FF as well, she never wrote though, just read. What a trip down memory lane.

Pronouns
    ✨ she / her✨
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    286 times
    Time Online
    59d 23h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    I love reading fanfiction!! I probably read more fanfic than I do actual novels lol. I tend to get hyperfixated on certain shows/fandoms every now and then, and reading fanfic is a really good outlet for me when I get new obsessions. I started reading on FF.net many many years ago, but I use AO3 these days.

Andromeda
    Hatched: 11-15-2020
    Last Evolution: 1-1-2021
    Survived the Ryupocalypse 7-15-2021

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    Thanks TsUNaMy WaVe for the Paladins userbar!
    Thanks Lyrichord for the custom avatar userbar!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardust For This Useful Post:

Winona (04-14-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    what's AO3? I've just finished reading all the books by Isaac Asimov - science fiction.

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by user123 View Post
    what's AO3? I've just finished reading all the books by Isaac Asimov - science fiction.
    Archiveofourown.org is the most popular site for hosting fanfiction, passing fanfiction.net and Wattpad in terms of page views per month.

There's probably some Asimov fic on there!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Asimov has 2 types of fiction - science fiction, often about robots in his foundation and empire series and numerous short stories and his black widower club books - mystery/detective stories. With science fiction you're not restricted to one planet. You can go anywhere. All you need is a spaceship, like the Millennium Falcon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ooh, me! I probably spend more time reading fanfiction than actual printed fiction these days. Doesn't help that I like fic that are essentially novel-length. My current favorite is (you need an account to see links), a massive Fullmetal Alchemist AU. Hasn't updated in quite a while, but still.

So yeah, AO3 is my go-to, although I do use FF.net pretty much solely for reading the Pureblood Pretense series by murkybluematter. I follow a bunch of shonen manga, so recently I've been reading a lot of My Hero Academia, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Haikyuu, and The Promised Neverland fanfic.

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenblink View Post
    Ooh, me! I probably spend more time reading fanfiction than actual printed fiction these days. Doesn't help that I like fic that are essentially novel-length. My current favorite is (you need an account to see links), a massive Fullmetal Alchemist AU. Hasn't updated in quite a while, but still.

So yeah, AO3 is my go-to, although I do use FF.net pretty much solely for reading the Pureblood Pretense series by murkybluematter. I follow a bunch of shonen manga, so recently I've been reading a lot of My Hero Academia, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Haikyuu, and The Promised Neverland fanfic.
    Haha, BNHA is what got me back into writing in 2017, and then I moved straight on to Haikyuu! If you like shonen and sports anime, try Daiya no Ace!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7d 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I use Fanfic to supplement the fact that I watch/read a lot of stuff that no one else in my life does- Teen Wolf, I Am Number Four, Chronicles of Narnia, all the fantasy/supernatural kind of stuff. For some reason, I was never able to get super into short fics. I tend to go for ones that are 40K+ words