Thread: Are you buying FF7 remake part I? What are you most excited about?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Are you buying FF7 remake part I? What are you most excited about?

I've been on the fence about buying the game. The price feels high for something split into three parts, but I also haven't done any research into it.

Are you purchasing it (or have already)?
    What are you most excited about?

For me it is the nostalgia. I haven't played since the original, and I was too young to actually be any good at it. Now that I'm older I think I might have more fun.

What about you?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Purchased the deluxe edition for my SO

He is super stoked to play it, he keeps playing the demo and gushing about how much he loves the game.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    Purchased the deluxe edition for my SO

He is super stoked to play it, he keeps playing the demo and gushing about how much he loves the game.
    After the newness of the first couple days wears off report back on how much he likes it!

I have a habit of buying games and then not playing them, and I don't want this to be another one of those times.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    My husband loved the original, but has been put off newer FF games because "they're not real turn-based games anymore". He was unimpressed to see the change to the combat system in this remake followed more recent games, instead of staying true to the turn-based roots.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Bear View Post
    My husband loved the original, but has been put off newer FF games because "they're not real turn-based games anymore". He was unimpressed to see the change to the combat system in this remake followed more recent games, instead of staying true to the turn-based roots.
    Oh, that's a bummer, I didn't realize that they changed the combat style (shows how much research I've done).

The graphics look pretty though, it's all very tempting, but I still need to pick animal crossing back up after buying it. :/

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Mine felt the same way, like to the point of where he refused to play any games after 10 because of it
    But got him to play the demo and he's now a fan of the new combat system. Tell him to give it a try, might end up liking it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    Mine felt the same way, like to the point of where he refused to play any games after 10 because of it
    But got him to play the demo and he's now a fan of the new combat system. Tell him to give it a try, might end up liking it
    What game do you think the combat system most resembles? The only game I've played since 10 was 13.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    The nostalgia is hitting pretty hard, i sure can't wait for buying it.
    It's a real bummer it's not gonna be complete on launch tho

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    9d 9h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakukun View Post
    The nostalgia is hitting pretty hard, i sure can't wait for buying it.
    It's a real bummer it's not gonna be complete on launch tho
    I caved and tried the demo last night and ended up buying it since I had a gift card to cover some of the cost.
    I was going to spend half of today playing it, so far the graphics are pretty amazing and the combat style is better than I thought it was going to be.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 15h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    This too is what i feel about FF games. Have playing almost all of the series and completed a few of them (5,7,8,9,10,12). FF13 was the point it starts to go downhill. I've tried only about and hour and know its a no go for me.
    Maybe you can recommend persona series to your husband, the only series game that stays true to their original concept so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tinypaws View Post
    Oh, that's a bummer, I didn't realize that they changed the combat style (shows how much research I've done).

The graphics look pretty though, it's all very tempting, but I still need to pick animal crossing back up after buying it. :/
    Yeah, the graphic looks really tempting. Although im not really a big fan of Tifa (I'm Yuna Fan), but that graphics sure makes me want to fall in love with her.