Thread: Double-Checking I�m doing everything right (Starting an acc. with bought UCs/items/NC)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    6d 12h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Double-Checking I�m doing everything right (Starting an acc. with bought UCs/items/NC)

Hey y�all! Recently found this side of neo and I�ve been spending a lot of my quarantine time combing through the boards collecting info to start my own account with all the stuff I couldn�t achieve on neo regularly- it�s been fun, I dig the community!

I have read through several guides but I still have some questions I�m hoping I could get answered, any info would be v appreciated

- For using multiple accounts separately, is a proxy needed, or does a VPN (such as tunnelbear) work for casual play? (No ABing/etc)

- I have seen (somewhat) mixed responses as to the best way to transfer NP to an account, is the best way to do it via the trading post by trading codestones/small valuable items for a bigger valuable item that can be sold later ?

- So I�d like to move a UC from a shell to an account I�d like to start up as my main account. I understand most of the risk of getting in trouble there comes from if the pet is PC known/people are nosy. If the pet is unknown/accounts are unknown, is there much risk to transfer the pet over ?

-On the previous question, is it best to simply transfer the pet to the account I�d like, or to trade a pet for it ?

-I understand NC items aren�t as high risk but is there any recommended way to transfer them from accounts?

-For transferring NC/pets/items to the account I�d like, I�m guessing I should do it pretty slowly, any recommendations on how slowly I should be moving stuff ?

Thanks so much everyone! Apologies if any of these are very obvious questions, I figure it�s better so be safe than sorry

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    Thank you for taking time to do a bit of research before reaching out, @(you need an account to see links)! Unfortunately, a lot of these questions are a bit compromising to share answers to publicly. To those of you who can offer help - please consider wrapping your replies in [spoiler]...[/spoiler] so that your answers can't be read without an account. You would also be welcome to send Puppo a private message as well.

Thanks everyone!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (04-07-2020),Puppo (04-17-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppo View Post
    Hey y’all! Recently found this side of neo and I’ve been spending a lot of my quarantine time combing through the boards collecting info to start my own account with all the stuff I couldn’t achieve on neo regularly- it’s been fun, I dig the community!

I have read through several guides but I still have some questions I’m hoping I could get answered, any info would be v appreciated

- For using multiple accounts separately, is a proxy needed, or does a VPN (such as tunnelbear) work for casual play? (No ABing/etc)

- I have seen (somewhat) mixed responses as to the best way to transfer NP to an account, is the best way to do it via the trading post by trading codestones/small valuable items for a bigger valuable item that can be sold later ?

- So I’d like to move a UC from a shell to an account I’d like to start up as my main account. I understand most of the risk of getting in trouble there comes from if the pet is PC known/people are nosy. If the pet is unknown/accounts are unknown, is there much risk to transfer the pet over ?

-On the previous question, is it best to simply transfer the pet to the account I’d like, or to trade a pet for it ?

-I understand NC items aren’t as high risk but is there any recommended way to transfer them from accounts?

-For transferring NC/pets/items to the account I’d like, I’m guessing I should do it pretty slowly, any recommendations on how slowly I should be moving stuff ?

Thanks so much everyone! Apologies if any of these are very obvious questions, I figure it’s better so be safe than sorry

There's a lot to unpack here, and I'll spoiler what needs to be spoilered.

Multiple accounts: If you intend them to look like separate users (that is "Sarah," "Jessica," and "Parker", not "Sarah," "Sarah Side #1," "Sarah Side #2") then dedicated proxies are best. Each account should have its own proxy, and only log in from that proxy. The main down side to this is I haven't ever found these for sale in quantities less than 10 at a time, but if you are spending money on Neopets and spending money on cheating, $10/month for safety is a good expenditure in my book.

Transferring NP: Everyone kind of has their own methods on what works best for them. We try not to be super public about it. This helps remain a little under TNT's radar. If we publish a big detailed guide with step by step exactly what to do, this tells TNT step by step exactly what to watch for.

Transferring UC Pets: Staying out of the public eye is rule 1, but if you're purchasing an expensive UC pet, or one with a great name that may be "stalked", you could still be in a risky situation by immediately moving it from the account it has been on to a new one.

Transferring UC Pets: I do not sell a TON of NC, but the best advice you can be given here is just to be cautious that whoever is selling you NC items has properly secured the originating account. It is true that there is inherently less risk because NC changes hands SO often among SO many users with very little oversight, but the seller needs to have a well-secured account they have had in their possession for a fair length of time.

General Patience: Just don't overdo it. If you would question it if you noticed it happening to a legit user, don't do it illegitly. Best advice I can give.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (04-07-2020),Cherubi (04-11-2020),Gato (04-08-2020),Maki (04-07-2020),Mama Bear (04-07-2020),Nimue (04-07-2020),Oshun (04-23-2020),Puppo (04-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    6d 12h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    There's a lot to unpack here, and I'll spoiler what needs to be spoilered.

Multiple accounts: If you intend them to look like separate users (that is "Sarah," "Jessica," and "Parker", not "Sarah," "Sarah Side #1," "Sarah Side #2") then dedicated proxies are best. Each account should have its own proxy, and only log in from that proxy. The main down side to this is I haven't ever found these for sale in quantities less than 10 at a time, but if you are spending money on Neopets and spending money on cheating, $10/month for safety is a good expenditure in my book.

Transferring NP: Everyone kind of has their own methods on what works best for them. We try not to be super public about it. This helps remain a little under TNT's radar. If we publish a big detailed guide with step by step exactly what to do, this tells TNT step by step exactly what to watch for.

Transferring UC Pets: Staying out of the public eye is rule 1, but if you're purchasing an expensive UC pet, or one with a great name that may be "stalked", you could still be in a risky situation by immediately moving it from the account it has been on to a new one.

Transferring UC Pets: I do not sell a TON of NC, but the best advice you can be given here is just to be cautious that whoever is selling you NC items has properly secured the originating account. It is true that there is inherently less risk because NC changes hands SO often among SO many users with very little oversight, but the seller needs to have a well-secured account they have had in their possession for a fair length of time.

General Patience: Just don't overdo it. If you would question it if you noticed it happening to a legit user, don't do it illegitly. Best advice I can give.
    Sorry for the terribly late reply, but I super super appreciate all the info! Thank you for taking the time to type it all out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Puppo For This Useful Post: