Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    66d 17h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m

COVID-19/Neopets

Hello everyone!
    I�ve reached out to some of you individually and I hope everyone is doing well. I was curious to see how COVID-19 has affected sales on neo. Are people buying more because we are forced to online shop and limit outside activity? Are people buying less because of loss of jobs/income? I know some people have used neo as a second income to help level out bills. I�ve been trying to help out some of my past sellers while I�m still able to.

Also, has anyone recently came back or do you feel yourself playing neopets more frequently now that we have to stay indoors?

How long do you think this is going to last? Do you think neo is one of the companies that is losing money right now leading it to finally shut down?

So many questions! I do hope everyone is staying safe and using this time to get closer to your spouses/kids (if you have them). I also hope all of your favorite businesses are able to recover after all is said and done.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fizzlepop For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-06-2020),gera (04-07-2020),Menine (04-07-2020),WhatsUp (04-09-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I do believe this is a golden time for Neo to recover and make some progress transitioning to mobile. As seen from RS, lottery, neoboards and such, it seems many players have returned to the site so it's a perfect chance to make some interesting events or something to keep them all invested. Sales on Neo seem to have risen too.

As for me, my economy is a bit unstable rn and the pandemic doesn't seem to end soon, so I'm only buying what I need hoping I'll meet my ends xP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesedmoga For This Useful Post:

Fizzlepop (04-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I've been super worried about everything that I've bought, tbh. Everyone coming back from 10-15 year hiatuses AND GETTING THEIR ACCOUNTS BACK??? really freaks me out lol. When I tried to get my accounts back, they took 2 years to respond to the ticket and then they said that it had been to long so I thought for sure that all of the stuff I had bought and secured would be okay, but now I'm definitely more worried.

Even with everybody coming back it doesn't really seem to have changed /too/ much, the BC is more active for sure, the PC seems to be more active as well, which is both nice and a pain, because yay more pets to trade for, but also a bunch of pc police out in force trying to say anyone with stealth or nice pets they haven't seen is BAD PEOPLE

as for if the site will shut down -

I honestly would love to know if tnt actually has coders competent enough to change everything over from flash to whatever it needs to be, since nothing else seems to ever get fixed. I have disposable income so I don't mind wasting money on pets and NC, but it seems like a lot of people buy nc with what little money they have without the understanding that any online game can shut down at any time.

Also if neopets shuts down they will probably need to leave a crisis hotline phone number on the front page for all the people who are going to have mental breakdowns, there have been so many posts w/people going batshit crazy over little things, can you imagine if the whole site shuts down

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-06-2020),Fizzlepop (04-08-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (04-06-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i don't think neopets is going anywhere. i hope tnt stays healthy while running the site too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I'm sure it will still be around in some form or another. I just don't really believe in tnts ability to fix things LOL
    trying to play half of the games needed for avatars is impossible i believe they'll figure out a way to keep customization and stuff working, but are they really gonna go back and fix games and stuff?

4ever salty about not having the shockwave game avatars ok
    also salty about not having a rules page for things like the BC because coders are working on the recode

also just the word recode sends me back to subeta days and that gives me ptsd

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-06-2020),Fizzlepop (04-08-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    I started playing a lot more again just ahead of the current wave and it's been wild seeing the boom. I never bought much, but I started considering it again because all of a sudden I have a bunch of extra pocket changed because I'm not buying buying little things in day to day life anymore. That said, with the rush of people returning I'm definitely more hesitant now than just a month ago.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    It is a lot more active on there, which is kind of nice. The longer the virus sticks around, so will these people. As someone who has loved Neo for years even when I claimed to hate it, I do want to see it succeed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Fizzlepop (04-08-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    If people still have some kind of income, unemployment insurance or any other kind of government benefit, they'll keep buying stuff both irl and on neopets, so I don't think the site will lose income, least of all shut down.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    if anything neopets feels like it's had a boom in activity now that people are stuck at home. I think neopets is gonna be around for a loooong time, especially with so many vets that will never leave the site no matter what happens.
    fading into obscurity due to being outdated has always been a concern with neopets, but it's lasted this long. it's not going anywhere

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantix For This Useful Post:

Fizzlepop (04-08-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    333 times
    Time Online
    162d 4h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    I sold an account recently that I had secured for years. Only to have to owner return a week later and used the Facebook login to recover the account.

I'm hesitant to buy or sell anything right now. Its a weird time on Neo...

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡