Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite quotes/lines/sayings?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    111d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m

Question What are your favorite quotes/lines/sayings?

I�ve been feeling tremendously down recently and have been trying to distract myself and keep busy, but sadly failing to do so. I�ve been trying to force myself to focus on my main �hobbby� (music production) but I�m really struggling to be creative during this depression rut I�m in.. I just feel uninspired and empty. For the past 11 or 12 years now I�ve been making my own music/beats as a personal hobby and creative outlet; back when I was in my late teens I downloaded an FL Studio torrent and have been self-teaching and creating tons of beats, melodies, and full-length �instrumental� songs on a regular basis for over a decade. Making music is a life-long thing for me that comes easier to me than most other things... On the opposite end of the spectrum, I am totally void of any natural talent when it comes to creative writing. All of my music is instrumental - I don�t sing, nor do I write lyrics for my songs - a few of them have short sampled audio clips that I randomly found on free sound sample websites over the years; nothing of substance.

SO, I am hoping you guys can help me out and hopefully inspire me to get back to making music again~ I feel extremely compelled to build a song based on either a quote/saying/line/conversation/poem/phrase/ETC that resonates with me at the moment - and it would be super helpful and interesting to see what everyone�s favorite quotes/sayings/etc are and why they resonate with you guys personally!

Also taking suggestions on simple samples as well, shit I can just rip from youtube would be perfect!

So, yeah, what�s your favorite quote, saying, phrase, line, poem, lyric, etc, and why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Witch For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-04-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Alright, I'm gonna be showing a LOT about myself here lmao, but one of my favorite lyrics that I heard - initially at 18, don't judge! - was from Black Veil Brides' song The Mortician's Daughter:

"I love you more than I can ever scream."

Next up, One Direction's song If I Could Fly - really the whole song, I cried when I first heard it, but -

"For your eyes only, I show you my heart
    For when you're lonely and forget who you are
    I'm missing half of me when we're apart
    Now you know me, for your eyes only."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (04-04-2020),Witch (04-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love this quote from our dear and amazing Brazilian Writer:

"There's only one thing in life that we have to learn and it isn't teached at the school: resilience."
    Clarice Lispector.

If you guys haven't hear about her and her works, I strongly suggest searching some :3
    �。�。�。�。�。�。�。゜。�。�。�。 ଘ(੭ ᐛ )━☆゚.*・。゚ /╲/\(╭ ᐖ ╮)/\╱\ �。�。�。�。�。�。�。゜。�。�。�。

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiinzen For This Useful Post:

arthursabil (04-29-2020),Witch (04-23-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch View Post
    I’ve been feeling tremendously down recently and have been trying to distract myself and keep busy, but sadly failing to do so.
    Sorry to hear that mate, I hope you don't feel down for long.
    I really like these lines from a song called Black by G-dragon: Misunderstanding is always the cause of pain. Well, I don't even know myself. So my hope for you to know me is a misunderstanding itself.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiinzen View Post
    I love this quote from our dear and amazing Brazilian Writer:

"There's only one thing in life that we have to learn and it isn't teached at the school: resilience."
    Clarice Lispector.

If you guys haven't hear about her and her works, I strongly suggest searching some :3
    She is amazing! One of my favorite quotes by her is "Haber nacido me ha estropeado la salud." Clarice Lispector
    Translation: "Being born has ruined my health." Clarice Lispector

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

Shiinzen (04-16-2020),Witch (04-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi-sama View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate, I hope you don't feel down for long.
    I really like these lines from a song called Black by G-dragon: Misunderstanding is always the cause of pain. Well, I don't even know myself. So my hope for you to know me is a misunderstanding itself.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

She is amazing! One of my favorite quotes by her is "Haber nacido me ha estropeado la salud." Clarice Lispector
    Translation: "Being born has ruined my health." Clarice Lispector

She definitely is amazing :3

I also love this one: " Freedom isn't enough. What I really want still doesn't have a name." Clarice Lispector <33
    �。�。�。�。�。�。�。゜。�。�。�。 ଘ(੭ ᐛ )━☆゚.*・。゚ /╲/\(╭ ᐖ ╮)/\╱\ �。�。�。�。�。�。�。゜。�。�。�。

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiinzen For This Useful Post:

Witch (04-23-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
    --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I know I'm a bleeding heart. lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

Witch (04-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Iowa from Slipknot is a life saviour: I will kill you to love you
    Love is a mess. Life is a mess. Relations between humans are a mess.

Also this one from the manga Air Gear:
    "All the trees hold hands together facing the sky
    The leaves that are blocking the sunlight turn the rainforest into a dark place
    The hunter does not see the beasts that are hiding in the dark places revealing their fangs
    Tonight, the hunter will be hunted by the beast
    Here is a sleeping forest"

You can see this one from multiple points of view. Personally, I enjoy how you can make an analogy with the human race where it is a constant fight between the beasts and the hunters. We all have a dark side prepared to attack at any moment to defend ourselves or to destroy others. How the majority lives to just stay alive for one more day and keep going on.

And this one I don't remember where it is from anymore, but I like it:
    "On the road, you might encounter failures, everyone will stumble along the way. No matter how many times things don't go your way, get back up again. You may have to take detours towards your goal, don't think it's meaningless. It's these experiences that will become valuable to you further down the line. Make sure to accumulate as much of these experiences as possible. It is human nature to keep going forward clumsily. Just stay calm, don't be afraid and believe in yourself."
    Dunno. It just gives off that green and bright vibe that it is OK to fail. Although in RL we have to make everything perfect one the 1st try, we won’t do it. We are not machines. (You might also want to check the music Machines – Crown the Empire.)

For the last one, a Mark Twain quote: Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
    We all hide things from everybody else, never show how/who we are and a little world of ours, the only place where we can have a little bit of freedom with our madness.

Hope it helps you in any way and Good luck with your music

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MKM For This Useful Post:

Witch (04-23-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) I really like the Air Gear one and of course Mark Twain always a win for sure.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to usagi-sama For This Useful Post:

MKM (04-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    8d 6h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Do or do not, there is no try.

by Master Yoda of course!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to steeler For This Useful Post:

Witch (04-23-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    111d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I'm just now reading the replies! Thank you for your input!

The good news is I am feeling a bit better, but still creatively blocked and frustrated.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Witch For This Useful Post:

MKM (04-23-2020)