Thread: Been wanting to learn Python? Know Python and have some teaching/tutoring experience?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m

Been wanting to learn Python? Know Python and have some teaching/tutoring experience?

Stanford is doing a thing!

(you need an account to see links)

tl;dr it's a free and open to the public version of one of their introductory programming classes, taught fully remote

The time of COVID-19 has been difficult for many people around the world, in many different ways. As an act of community service, a group of computer science instructors is coming together to offer our teaching services free of charge for people who want to learn introductory coding, subject to availability. This is a one time offering for the COVID-19 pandemic.
    I'm sure a lot of people might be interested in learning more about shit, and I know we have a lot of really talented programmers here who might be willing to lend a hand (they need all the educators they can get to make this as accessible to as many people as possible).

I'm going to volunteer to teach if it isn't violating any contracts with the place I teach primarily, and the word is spreading in most circles I run in, but figured here might be a new set of people who are interested!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Bat (03-31-2020),j03 (03-31-2020),MKM (04-07-2020),Tyler Durden (04-02-2020),whyamihere (05-31-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Oh, dang, I kept feeling really awkward even thinking about starting to make the teaching video for the application, and I missed the deadline. I thought it was tomorrow, but that's for the students. I feel pretty lousy about it, but maybe I'll just try to do more at work. Still, would have been a cool thing to be part of!
    Last edited by kittyray; 04-07-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: more thoughts