Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you make audiobooks if you could?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    I have narrated an audiobook - two actually, though only one is currently sold on audible (the other I completed but it didn’t work out in the end).

I think it’s tremendously hard work, and doing it on stream would be hard too, though of course people listening would be more understanding of your mistakes, breathing noises and such.

This sounds fun! I would love to do Harry Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny enough...I am listening to a Harry Potter audiobook right now. Hah!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 2h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I wouldn't, simply because my accent is doesn't rate highly on polls. Infact, I think it was rated one of the worst. So unless the character is specifically where I'm from, I don't think I should put people through that. They're trying to relax and the accent would be very jarring for certain characters to have. It would make no sense for a character of royality to have my accent for example. You wouldn't be able to take it seriously if I voiced a character like that. I would find it fun if the character was from the same city as I though. It would be really authentic because of the accent changing from area to area, I have a lot of inspiration I could pull from people around me.

Don't get me wrong, I like my accent, but it is very strong and distinguishable. When I've gone abroad, people have been able to guess where I'm from with only a few words from me. But yeah, me voicing a character that isn't from my city would ruin your experience.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If there's money in it, I probably would.
    I've been told in more than one instance that my voice is very pleasant to listen to and was even invited to be the narrator of a friend's documentary. Unfortunately that never quite happened but would've been a pleasant experience.
    My diction is also good, reason why I always had to read something out loud during classes in HS and would often be selected to make speeches too.

I do however share the one problem of finding a quiet place to do it as well. My Razer Kraken Chroma has a good enough microphone, even giving me the possibility of filtering out ambience noise, but my house itself is still a noisy place.
    Don't think coming up with voices for the different characters would be a problem for me though, mostly because I'm usually mimicking voices around all day even when I'm talking to myself LOL