Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For the people stuck at home for the lockdown, what are you doing?

Hybrid View

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

For the people stuck at home for the lockdown, what are you doing?

My state in the USA issued a lockdown, so for the next two weeks we have to stay in our homes and limit ourselves from being around large crowds of people because of the virus. I don't want to talk about it too much because its honestly making me sick and annoyed I keep hearing about it, so im staying off of facebook and the news for now! We can still go to the grocery stores but frequently wash your hands etc.

I can't lie but I honestly am going to love these 2 weeks off, because at preschool time you don't get school breaks, only like PTO time and i think i get like 2 weeks a year. bleh.

Anyways, I'm on my computer more and havent really been this active on my computer since i dont know when because my job usually drains me with getting on my computer, i also have my cat trapped in here with me only because hes recovering from a vet surgery thing for at least a week. he couldnt pee and had crystals in his area. soo, hes been so great and cuddly! Willow is his other cat friend we have they are like siblings but for some reason she freaks out any time i try to have them together in the same room, i think she thinks bumble smells like another cat, because he smells like the vet, lol.

so been basically catching up on months of drawings, and just other computer to do lists. im trying to get them done so i can relax and play Zelda BOTW on my switch because im replaying it and its fun!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Togepi For This Useful Post:

Erik. (03-28-2020),Fabulous (05-02-2020),Jessica (03-24-2020)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I'm stuck in for the next 3 weeks with 2 kids
    My daughter has lots of school work she's been sent home with to keep her busy

In my village every day there is a different theme on the Facebook page I'm in. The kids have to draw what theme it is and stick it in the windows for people passing by to see. Kind of like a game of eye spy

But for me.. It's just 3 weeks of madness and plenty of laundry to do

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezy View Post
    I'm stuck in for the next 3 weeks with 2 kids
    My daughter has lots of school work she's been sent home with to keep her busy

In my village every day there is a different theme on the Facebook page I'm in. The kids have to draw what theme it is and stick it in the windows for people passing by to see. Kind of like a game of eye spy

But for me.. It's just 3 weeks of madness and plenty of laundry to do
    ah yes and the chore list is long for me with 2 giant piles of clothes that idk where came from lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I just graduated and was looking for a job still (went back to my parents), so things didn't change much - although I don't really step out of my house since last monday (lmao), nothing changed much. Mostly playing Dota 2, a bit o Neo, watching youtube/series. I just miss going to the gym and the eventual weekend out with some friends. Everything is closed here now, as they should.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Here in the UK we've just been told to stay at home for 3 weeks other than for essential trips out. People aren't listening though and I'm pretty sure stricter measures will be brought in tonight or tomorrow. A family friend's son is a Marine and they have been brought home from operations today to assist, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got some military intervention over the next few days if people continue to not listen.

I am usually a stay at home dad and also run a small business from home, however this lockdown is going to mean virtually no business for me so that's gone out of the window which will definitely mean some financial struggle for me.

For the next 3 weeks I'll be looking after my 2 year old son as normal, playing, drawing, tidying up constantly. My wife is also working from home so I'll be taking her snacks and stuff to her 'office' and probably spend a bit of time sitting with her to stop her going crazy as she's used to being in a busy working environment.

I've also been decorating the house and need to finish painting the stairs and upstairs landing, so that's something to be doing. It's pretty typical that the weather just got super nice here...it's been shitty for MONTHS and now we can't go out it's lovely and sunny. So another task on my to-do list will be sorting the garden out and getting it nice so we can spend time outside there!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    119 times
    Time Online
    136d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 37m
    My country is on lockdown until the end of the month. My days consist of working from home (on weekdays), writing, watching movies, playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and fretting over what to order from food delivery apps.
    Custom userbar by Infected. Thank you! 💕

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    333 times
    Time Online
    162d 6h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 48m
    Less details about my life deleted for privacy.
    Last edited by Pidgey; 05-27-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 1h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    My state has been under lockdown since midnight last night. My classes are remote until late August and I am mostly enjoying that because I don't have to wake up early and commute on a busy public bus every day.

I've already replayed at least half of my favorite video games, and have started the trek of watching Dragon Ball all the way to Super.

The one thing that makes me sad is that it is still dreary here after like six months of being dreary already. There are some sunny days popping out now and am sad I can't really enjoy it. I live in a tiny efficiency apartment with no balcony. I miss having a front porch and backyard with gardens. Spring is my favorite season, I love when the trees return to green and the flowers start blooming. Hopefully this can end fairly soon if people just stay in like advised.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I've been home since the 12th and will be until April 20th at the earliest... the hardest thing last week was getting some sort of structure to look like my normal work week. My supervisor has given me tons to do and I am grateful for my job at this moment. Our department is starting Zoom 'happy hour' this week - I do miss my colleagues.

I did get to make cinnamon rolls from scratch last night so it's been fun to have time to bake. I usually only bake during the holidays but no time like now to practice. (Finding more yeast now is going to be tricky - everyone is becoming a baker now!)
    Otherwise: cleaning, yard work, walking the dog.

My birthday is on Friday but those plans are cancelled for now. Going to make myself some cupcakes and hope and pray we can work together to get back out there soon and I can go get some dim sum.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I've been stuck at home with my toddler most of the time. I work 2-3 days a week now but I'm afraid of catching something out there and bringing it home. My husband works full time and he prefers I stay home with the baby for now. I had to work yesterday and it was a long, drama filled day and tensions are through the roof. I'm thinking of taking PTO because of the way things are. What worries me is paying the rent and bills. It's been heartbreaking telling my daughter we can't go to the park or on our daily walks; preschool and ballet classes are are off limits now, and we just started the registration process. :/

Being cooped up is no fun. Even with Netflix, drawing, being able to order food and video-chatting....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (03-25-2020)