DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I live in the Bay Area and we have a shelter-in-place, which is a few steps shy of a lockdown lasting until April 7th. I have enough food, but prescription medication might become an issue. Social interaction, too.

Pronouns
    It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    I live in the Bay Area and we have a shelter-in-place, which is a few steps shy of a lockdown lasting until April 7th. I have enough food, but prescription medication might become an issue. Social interaction, too.
    So you aren’t allowed to go out and buy groceries? I am worried about prescription medication too going to request a repeat from the doctors tomorrow but I doubt I will be the only one. Currently everywhere is placing a two can rule on tinned produce and things like eggs and milk etc - but I guess I can appreciate the fact we can still go out and get fresh air.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicleaf View Post
    So you aren’t allowed to go out and buy groceries? I am worried about prescription medication too going to request a repeat from the doctors tomorrow but I doubt I will be the only one. Currently everywhere is placing a two can rule on tinned produce and things like eggs and milk etc - but I guess I can appreciate the fact we can still go out and get fresh air.
    We're allowed to go to places that provide essentials, so groceries and pharmacies will remain open. I have a good stock of food, though not all of it is my favorite, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm not sure about restaurants providing takeout/delivery under this.

I'm mostly worried about supply chains and getting the medication to the pharmacy. I was trying to follow the recommendations of getting a 90-day supply of everything, but my insurance wouldn't cover it and it would have cost thousands (I didn't want to add it up but one medication alone is over 1k/month without insurance).

Pronouns
    It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    We're allowed to go to places that provide essentials, so groceries and pharmacies will remain open. I have a good stock of food, though not all of it is my favorite, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm not sure about restaurants providing takeout/delivery under this.

I'm mostly worried about supply chains and getting the medication to the pharmacy. I was trying to follow the recommendations of getting a 90-day supply of everything, but my insurance wouldn't cover it and it would have cost thousands (I didn't want to add it up but one medication alone is over 1k/month without insurance).
    Oh my god I feel for you I really do, it still shocks me about the fact you guys need to pay for essentials like life-saving medical treatment! I don’t doubt the U.K. will be sadly following suit under Boris but I hope to god human rights prevails. It’s scary how much you are charged for things.

Yeah I find it very strange that take out is still allowed etc - although I welcome it obviously because I’m lazy, it can’t be the best idea in a crisis haha!

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Uk are starting to take it a bit more seriously now

My partners work is closing for 2 weeks from next week
    This week they have to work in small team shifts as to not pass the virus to other staff members on other shifts (if they have it)

I don't think closing schools will stop the spread. Them having time off just makes me want to take them out more. They drive me crazy in the house

Ive searched 4 different super markets in hope of finding toilet roll... Shelves are all empty and I'm down to my last 2 rolls
    It's ridiculous people panic buying...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Babaa (03-17-2020),Magicleaf (03-17-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I'm in south western US
    We only have like 12 confirmed cases here and people are treating it like every person has it (out of the 1.2 mil population in this city alone)
    Schools are closing, stores are pretty cleaned out and closing way earlier than normal. All concerts I've been looking to go to for the next 2 months has been cancelled including some local ones. I already work from home so nothing has really changed for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I am in Portugal.
    Yes, we have everything closed. But supermarkets and pharmacies are still running, but not in a normal way. Only a few people can come in at a time and the working hours are less.
    I wouldn't say these measures is overreacting. Because the virus is spreading really fast, and we don't have ways to isolate everyone that has been infected.
    This is getting worse day by day. It is better to close everything now and stop contact between people to prevent the virus from spreading even more.
    Italy was first, Spain is going the same way, and closing borders between Pt and Spain is a safety and needed measure. Even so, the number of people infected in each 24h is increasing. There is only a few deaths for now, but a lot of infected people.
    Let's just hope that the labs can figure out some way to stop the percentage of infected people from increasing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MKM For This Useful Post:

Gato (03-18-2020),Magicleaf (03-17-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    xxxxxxx
    Last edited by Pinecone; 04-04-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I work in the emergency department, but haven't worked since this started but get updates via email. I will be back at work next week so I'll let yall know how much of a shitshow it is lmao. Apparently theft has been a huge problem, and they're starting to ban visitors.

Work email has been saying that we need to reuse our masks, and we're running low. Temperatures are being taken at beginning of shift. Hospitals are offering free childcare to their employees so they can keep working.

Small businesses around my city are hurting, I suspect a lot are going to go bankrupt and shut down. The city has banned dine in eating and bars.
    Grocery stores are bare and people are surprisingly, and thankfully, trying to maintain 8 ft distances from each other. Sneezing has become the equivalent of farting in public. You do it and everyone turns to look at you in disgust.

Finals are no longer happening at my college, we have the option to take our grade as is, or do the final online. Which is super awesome for me, I specifically have corona virus to thank for getting A's this term.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ruzzeh For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-18-2020)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    My goddamn trip home got canceled and I'm fucking pissed ya'll. And all the restaurants/cafes/bars here are closed except for take-out/delivery. I am so not about this.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-18-2020)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast