DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I live in the UK and one of the things that really bothers me is how obvious the government priorities are, like why are the pubs open, but not counsellors/psychiatrists and doctors? Meanwhile the DWP are being allowed to start sanctioning people again and approaching normal when a lot of people have lost their jobs and it's just not going to be doable to find work for everyone, and as I mentioned certain services that should be open with safety precautions in place are not open so people are at risk of being sanctioned and not being able to speak to their support people to deal with the stress and anxiety that inherently comes from the stupid universal credit system. It really is messed up. Peoples' health and wellfare should come before a made up economy that realistically could be saved by the losers who are more concerned with opening pubs than increasing funding and offering more safety options to the NHS so it can get back to where it needs to be for people's safety. Like Boris and his pals could take a pay cut and people could be safer and have the ability to be cared for by the system that is supposed to be responsible for them.
    This is at least where I am, I'm not sure about other parts of the UK but I think this is bananas. I hate that a government I voted against repeatedly has made so many bad calls over the last few years and the people who probably didn't vote for them are the ones being the worst impacted by their actions, which is always the case, but it's even more noticeable now that we're having a crisis.

In a more general public sense of things, it's really infuriating when I occasionally leave the house because I have to because I'd say maybe 1/3 of people at most on a good day in my area are wearing a mask and wearing it correctly. Definitely not something you need to be seeing when you've got anxiety as it is. So many people literally aren't changing their behaviour at all, like the gross guys who spit all over the place all the time still do that, and it's like, it's not called for in the first place but spreading your literal saliva and phlegm around the place while there is a virus is so stupid and just shows how little these people consider their actions in general before they do something.

Iunno I just feel like there are some very basic considerations not being made both on an individual level and a more insidious government level. Like I get that whether I like it or not, the way things are right now the economy does run lives, but I just think that there's a more balanced way at the very least to do this where perhaps the rich people and major business owners could pull their weight instead of being selfish, because right now, as usual, from what I'm seeing and experiencing it's the poor, disabled, and mentally ill who are being hugely negatively impacted, while Boris and co sit up in their big cushy lives and discuss how to bale out their pal who owns like 12 pubs.

I think maybe that's the tagline that could apply to this whole situation, because it covers both what we're seeing and also the actions of many people...
    "COVID-19: Your selfish is showing."

I feel like I should end my frustrated ramblings by saying I hope everyone who sees this is doing okay, and doing their best to protect themselves and others, and that to everyone who is being impacted, because I know things are much worse in other places, and who has maybe lost people or had to witness illness, I'm sorry and I hope things get better.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It is a tough time right now. On a not so important note, I am pretty much on lockdown meaning I can't go to the gym and get my workout for the summer or really chill with friends. Technically I can, but my family is concerned about our safety. On a more important note, it affects my job prospects right now, since most companies are mostly hiring interns/co-op and senior developers. They don't have as much of a need for new graduate software engineers, which is unfortunate. But it is what it is. Thankfully, the government has been giving me some form of relief in terms of payment monthly.