65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    Do they? I'm very curious to know why you think so.
    Considering the two largest countries - China and India both have more than 4x of the next largest country - United States.

I'm not saying that having too many people is a bad thing, but too much of a singularity/homogeneity may or may not pose problems in future.

In terms of topics such as racism, exclusivity, poverty, class-gap between races, it is a very big factor in population.

In the case of China, they have more rich people than India, and the fact that they are more traveled have them acting like they own the world and not respecting other countries and cultures - again, a generalization based on worldwide news, but it so stands that they are a growing power not just through technology and advancement, but by sheer magnitude of people.

It's not a strong case, more like my own thoughts and opinion ^^

Let me know what you think!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by aevora View Post
    Logistically it's definitely a pain in the ass. But something about the way you worded it sounds ethically wrong idk lol

But wait, are you implying they did to control their own population numbers? I didn't quite get your point, sorry
    Say it however you want, but one less is one less. Any method gets the same result.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Logistically it's definitely a pain in the ass. But something about the way you worded it sounds ethically wrong idk lol

But wait, are you implying they did to control their own population numbers? I didn't quite get your point, sorry
    Yea thinking that a plague is necessary to reduce population is definitely ethically wrong.

But this thought stemmed from when there were reports of China creating the virus in the lab to control their own population - later accidentally released to the world, but at the same time they achieved their goals of owning more countries, and also "starting" a WW3 that they won without nuclear weapons.

It's just a conspiracy theory probably but just wanted to know what you guys think.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Just watched this video and I'd like to know what you guys think about it. A NYC nurse says that they have been "medically mismanaging" COVID patients, probably intentionally. I know we have some health workers here on ck, and I'm sure they'll understand even more what she's talking about.

And since I'm already on this thread, I'll admit that I'm on the "this is a ploy to reduce world population/dead weight for governments, and also to keep people at bay" train. Why?

That's a quick rundown.
    Last edited by Pinecone; 05-05-2020 at 05:44 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    27d 7h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    So New York State has depleted almost 3B and NYC is estimated to have a revenue shortfall of $9.7 billion after this to.... keep us under surveillance?

Yes, NY dropped the ball during the beginning of all of this ((you need an account to see links)), but I cannot buy the conspiracies at the moment. As someone who lives here, the financial impact of this is already pretty devastating.

edit: Or you know, we could look to the top at the federal level full of clowns that dismantled our pandemic response team
    Last edited by gjniev; 05-05-2020 at 10:27 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gjniev For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-07-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    With all due respect, but I personally disagree with your points on the COVID-19 being a ploy by governments.

I'm in med school, and I can tell you that most diseases kill 75+ year olds and people with chronic diseases because they're more vulnerable, it's not a coronavirus-only thing. As for "kills more men than women", many other diseases are like that, as well as the other way around, and often there isn't a deep explanation about it it's just how it is (genetic diseases are the ones that usually have a better explanation to that, because of sex-specific genes and such).
    As for patient mistreatment, unfortunately it can happen with any disease. Personally I do think it's easier to mistreat someone with COVID-19 right now because there isn't a 100% widely accepted route of treatment yet.
    As for statistics, yes you're right it isn't that deadly, however again I say that there isn't a 100% widely accepted route of treatment yet, and also infectivity rates also have to be taken into consideration.
    About USA statistics, I believe that's due to the fact that access to healthcare is a lot more complicated there. I'm not from the USA so I can't really give a better insight on that one.
    As for the surveillance state of quarantine, I can hardly see the advantages of that. Countries would rather have people working and making the economy work than having everyone at home for 'state safety' reasons.

As for the video you've attached, I haven't watched it yet, I'm going to watch it in just a bit. I'm not sure if I'll be able to give any type of opinion on it though because I'm still just a student.
    I hope you don't get me wrong in the things I said I just wanted to show you a different side.
    No, that's ok! It was actually interesting to read those points so thanks for sharing!

I knew that some diseases killed more men than women or the other way around, but I completely forgot about elders and people with chronic diseases being always vulnerable.
    I know that COVID is fairly new and we don't know much about it, but that's no excuse to literally and completely mistreat patients. The nurse from the video said that they did completely unnecessary and deadly procedures on COVID patients that ultimately killed them, like (iirc) wrongly intubating or using a defibrillator on someone with a low pulse. She talks about it on the video.
    Anyways, I think the USA statistics are so high because their president (willingly or unwillingly) didn't want to pay attention to the matter. If I put my tinfoil hat on, I'd say that death toll is so high there because, ultimately, they want to lower the USA population a bit.
    As for the politic and economic consequences of the quarantine, those are clearer than a simple "they want to reduce world population" theory.

Basically, quarantine is only a temporary measure. (I know some countries have unemployment insurances, and they're even giving and receiving donations, but other people don't have as much luck. Some people will use every single penny they make today to eat something tomorrow, and I know that for a fact. Anyways, for how long can these measures be effective? What will happen when/if food and money runs out?) A temporary lockdown is, more than a sanitary policy, a hunger policy. Governments benefit from this because, since everything has shutdown and businesses can go bankrupt, the only savior available is... the government. People will willingly give in their rights as long as someone or something helps them overcome panic and hunger. They normally wouldn't do this, of course, UNLESS... a CRISIS legitimizes "invasive" (for a lack of a better word) policies, like massive surveillance, espionage, and pretty much any policy that restricts what you can do/say and where/when you can do/say it, all in the name of "peace and order".

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't doubt governments' and people's capacities of being evil. I wouldn't go as far as I say I 100% believe in COVID-19 being a Chinese ploy, but I totally wouldn't be surprised if it came to be confirmed as true.
    The fact that our economy rallied back up these past few weeks makes no sense at all considering there are many businesses being shut down. The economy cannot continue to stay afloat like this when no one is spending money. It's hard not to believe the rich are getting richer from this event.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus View Post
    Just watched this video and I'd like to know what you guys think about it. A NYC nurse says that they have been "medically mismanaging" COVID patients, probably intentionally. I know we have some health workers here on ck, and I'm sure they'll understand even more what she's talking about.

And since I'm already on this thread, I'll admit that I'm on the "this is a ploy to reduce world population/dead weight for governments, and also to keep people at bay" train. Why?

That's a quick rundown.
    Oh god, that's heartbreaking.The hospital affiliated with my med school also has a clear divide. It's a public hospital, so of course we try to cater to everyone that we can. But all the resources pretty much go to the "VIP ward." It's sickening.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hiddenblink For This Useful Post:

Pinecone (05-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenblink View Post
    Oh god, that's heartbreaking.The hospital affiliated with my med school also has a clear divide. It's a public hospital, so of course we try to cater to everyone that we can. But all the resources pretty much go to the "VIP ward." It's sickening.
    Because it's such an unprecedented event, many hospitals and clinics don't know what to do, but priority has to be given to those who have money. I personally know people who work at clinics that have been converted into a COVID testing center and VIP, so it's really happening. Many people out there are being shuffled around.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    Because it's such an unprecedented event, many hospitals and clinics don't know what to do, but priority has to be given to those who have money. I personally know people who work at clinics that have been converted into a COVID testing center and VIP, so it's really happening. Many people out there are being shuffled around.
    Its the same even over in the UK roch/famous/politicians seem to be getting tested and the normal everyday people are being told just to isolate for 14 days. They are talking about easing the lockdown measures in my country on the 28th of may which is a long time coming from the 13th march. I feel it has changed the world and it will take a long time to return to normal with social distancing etc.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast