Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Lockdown is so boring :/ Furthermore, there was a lot of jobs cut in our company this morning

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    6h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My state got on lockdown on saturday. I hope this virus passes soon. It's nice having some time off but its also nerve wracking to go into stores to get essentials when you need to.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    ... Welp, I lost my job! Everyone at my workplace got laid off without notice.

These are hard times. I think I've largely been too young and ignorant to care about the 'economy' up til now, but now I'm paying attention. );

Pronouns
    It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Luckily I work in a very busy emergency veterinary surgery and we also provide 24 hour emergency service, so I feel my job is secure.. for now anyway. We do not allow any clients to enter the practice now, strictly emergencies only however we have a team of over 30+ - it's not half the size due to self isolation and those who are displaying symptoms.

The construction workers in the UK are still obliged to work, even though they are not key workers the argument the government is making is that they are able to keep 2m apart due to being outdoors - they forget most share vans/tools etc. So there is still some backlash with regards to that. We are in a kind of lockdown, we're allowed out for essential trips and in groups of no more than 2 (unless from the same household), police will fine anyone out and about without good reason and will be ensuring no mass gatherings happen. So far no mention they will have the power to arrest you for this, so I personally think it's not good enough as there are idiots out there who still think it's time to holiday.

Wales have shut the caravan parks and all national parks are to be closed to avoid overcrowding from visitors which is what happened last weekend.

Sadly they will only contribute 30% of the total rent people pay, even if the entire household is having to live off of Statutory Sick Pay �97 a week, it will not be enough - there is a ban on evictions currently, but that does not prevent families from racking up huge amounts or debt or being removed from the property as soon as the ban is lifted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    ... Welp, I lost my job! Everyone at my workplace got laid off without notice.

These are hard times. I think I've largely been too young and ignorant to care about the 'economy' up til now, but now I'm paying attention. );
    That's so unfortunate! Surely they would have to pay you a large sum though anyway because they laid you off without notice. If not that is real tough Hope you're doing ok

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anteiku For This Useful Post:

Forever (03-31-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    so sorry to hear folks are losing their jobs due to coronavirus crisis. This is affecting us in more ways than i imagined. i really hope better days will come soon...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    so sorry to hear folks are losing their jobs due to coronavirus crisis. This is affecting us in more ways than i imagined. i really hope better days will come soon...
    Ugh... read today that a chinese scientist said that the virus will not likely be over for the year as it could rebound in the winter months.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guap View Post
    Ugh... read today that a chinese scientist said that the virus will not likely be over for the year as it could rebound in the winter months.
    i know i read that too and it is my biggest fear. Let's hope for a vaccine till then...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    So they finally announced school closure in my state yesterday, taking effect Monday. The caveat is that children of 'essential' service workers, or vulnerable children, would still be able to attend; because we're a high school though, they're pretty much all over the legal age of 12 to be home alone, so my principal'll be quite forceful on the matter. They're giving us next week to have professional development, preparing for online learning next term.

Staff who fall into vulnerable categories are able to work from home. Unfortunately, I already know of someone from my school who is exploiting a heart condition in order to visit her boyfriend instead of self-isolating. It just grinds my gears that people act that way. It's selfish and lacks integrity. Because neither myself nor my family have chronic health conditions, I'll still be at work. Probably a good thing if I am to be productive and not playing video games/with my children. I'm also putting a lot of effort into developing online learning resources and showing my team how to do the same.

It's a step in the right direction. We'd all known that the axe had to fall at some point, and it feels good to not have that constant anticipation anymore.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (03-26-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Lost my job but I'm honestly more worried about my family who's mostly 60+ and considered ' essential'. I'm terrified for them and it stresses me out more than my finances.