Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the best thing about Neopets for you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I see a lot of answers regarding roleplay but I don't see how you could do it on Neopets. The forums only allow like 200 characters and they freeze for saying "butt." How did you manage, let alone enjoy it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    119 times
    Time Online
    136d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    I see a lot of answers regarding roleplay but I don't see how you could do it on Neopets. The forums only allow like 200 characters and they freeze for saying "butt." How did you manage, let alone enjoy it?
    While I agree with your post, I have so many questions about your avatar. So many.
    Custom userbar by Infected. Thank you! 💕

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (03-15-2020),Magicleaf (03-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Velvet View Post
    While I agree with your post, I have so many questions about your avatar. So many.
    You can find anything on the internet. Anything.

Pronouns
    It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    We used to separate our writing into parts, usually when 'introducing a character' you'd have a set post-limit made by the board or if not, you'd just try to keep it to less than six. I guess it sounds faffy now, but it kind of just worked. Usually you would be able to fit it into one post, if it was a group roleplay - I think it challenged you to write quality, not quantity. Then you get the douchebags with the one-liners and mary sues, who will never change no matter what.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mangle View Post
    art
    for some reason neopets has been the only thing that will always get me drawing
    ...for 20 fucking years
    any time i have a lapse in creativity its just time to log back into the old neopets and doodle some of my precious babies

also to add onto that - just everyone being so nice and positive on the art chat and makin me feel all warm and fuzzy and like people appreciate me♥

and also the second best thing about neopets now is that i can buy the pets i want and have my ultimate dream account
    Couldn't agree with this more! It's definitely kicked me into shape with inspiring new characters, situations - I could write for the NT times now which I was too afraid to do as a kid. There's so many talented artists on neo that I see and I'm like, how are you not getting paid for this in RL?!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magicleaf For This Useful Post:

Mangle (03-15-2020),maya (03-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I think the simplest reason would be: creativity - all the things you can do in terms of art, and design. Customizing also goes well with this idea.
    The second reason would be the sense to have goals, I often feel demotivated to reach my goals in real life, but having goals on Neo achieved somehow motivates me to also go out and finish those real-life to-do lists @_@

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bootiesrus For This Useful Post:

Kiii (03-21-2020),Maelstra (03-17-2020),Magicleaf (03-15-2020),Mangle (03-15-2020),tox87 (03-15-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    10d 21h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I love account building in general. Avatar and trophy collecting, training my pets, things like that. The neopets art community is also really underpraised. There's a lot of great artists who do really creative things with their pets. It's pretty damn cool to see the artists who've grown up with the site, and how their art has evolved over the years.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tox87 For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (03-17-2020),Magicleaf (03-15-2020),maya (03-17-2020),snaith (03-27-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I love how the economy works in general, you have many ways to make NoePoints, from (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links) etc... and I also love the wide and creative variety of items, and that you have an unlimited storage (Safety Deposit Box) to store all your items and valuables and I also love the collectables (stamps, NeoDeck cards) cause it give you a purpose and of course my favorite feature is the ability to customize your pets and change their outfits and backgrounds, I also love the dailies and the events, such as the current (you need an account to see links).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samo231 For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-26-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I would have to agree with the collectables. I don't usually do stamps or cards but I just got into NC item trading and there's just never ending content. Could spend hours in a day browsing other people's lists and finding wishes

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anteiku For This Useful Post:

hipowls (03-22-2020),Magicleaf (03-26-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Like many other people, I've always been a pokemon enthusiast. So for me the best part of it all is steadily pet creating, customizing, having my "team" (account) with my all time favotire pets, colors, customization and backstory (although I don't write anything besides a few things on their lookups). Battle Dome training and having good weapons are also what I aim for. Too bad BD is dead (I really miss the BD Plots and the Defenders of Neopia series).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Magicleaf (03-26-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 15h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    As a kid, I used Neopets as an escape. The virtual, happy world draws me in. No matter what has happened irl, my Neopets will always smile for at me and be there for me.

I like to lurk on boards and post occasionally. I like the feeling of being part of a �community�.