Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

Generator Made-In-Java Help

Okay, ah, long story short, I paid a person to write me a bio template generator for a game I play (just to write BBCode and format in a particular style for me), now unfortunately, the image labels were stored in TinyPic and Tinypic died and broke all my inline image links. I made the images again, got them into an album in Imgur and found out the programmer has gone inactive in-game and left no contact links.

Then the laptop I had burned out, I had to fast-move everything to a external hardrive reader, get a new laptop, get back up and running. Because I'd pulled the HD out of one laptop, finding everything again has been an experience. I finally found my generator again, and now this laptop doesn't have a program to open or edit the file and I don't know program is safe to use (in the way that I don't want to irreversibly break my file, if I do, I've screwed the pooch because the original writer is gone).

Can anyone recommend a java editor that is beginner friendly? Are there any with WYSIWYG interfaces so I can tweak and learn as I go? Because what I've found so far feels a bit over my paygrade and I don't know where to start.

If it helps any, the file is named Bio1Frame.java (sourced from jdcore).

Edit: I picked up Dr.Java and made sure I have Java installed from Sun systems. At least I can open the file now, though I still don't know what I'm looking at.
    Last edited by PabstBlueRibbon; 03-01-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    257d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)

VSCode is a good option. Lots of extensions and very beginner friendly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:

PabstBlueRibbon (03-03-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thank you! If nothing else, I'm going to learn how to read what I have and be able to fix my image links.