6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Outlander

Anybody into the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon?

This is one that was introduced to me by a very religious friend in high school, surprisingly (who even told me she was introduced to the series by her mother). Super sexy, sometimes dark, sometimes witchy, very time-travel based. There's a new series on TV based on the books that I've found to be pretty enjoyable (in the times they're not being true to the books, they make some generally good plot decisions, in my opinion).

I want to talk about it! Anybody read any of the books or watched any of the show? I'm a huge fan.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Hi! Yes, I�m a big fan too. I�m currently reading book 6 and I�m caught up on the show save for the few episodes that have aired in February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Yes!!! But I'm only on Season 2!

Season 1 was FREAKING FANTASTIC and totally blew me away in a way no other show ever has!!!!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I just caught up on the show and I'm re-reading the series so I can hopefully catch up on her latest releases! @(you need an account to see links) you're a book ahead of me, hahah. I finished the Fiery Cross and then got super caught up in the show, so I'm going back and reading for details. Is the ninth book supposed to be the last one?

@(you need an account to see links) I love how they did Season 1, they were keeping pretty true to the books the best they could!
    I've been listening to the intro song for each season and I'm obsessed with how they change it to fit the season's theme... I get chills almost every time, lol

-----

I'm realizing it's extremely hard to talk about a lengthy series like this without spoilers, whoops...
    Last edited by Achyfi; 02-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Achyfi For This Useful Post:

Crow (02-27-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    14d 5h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Yes!!! But I'm only on Season 2!

Season 1 was FREAKING FANTASTIC and totally blew me away in a way no other show ever has!!!!
    I hope this doesn�t make you feel less excited for the other seasons, but season/book 1 was my favorite! One of the best books I�ve ever read!

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    I hope this doesn’t make you feel less excited for the other seasons, but season/book 1 was my favorite! One of the best books I’ve ever read!

Although I'm enjoying Season 2, I must say it really doesn't capture me like Season 1 did. Oh well haha I still love it. ^^ Perhaps I'll read the books eventually!

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achyfi View Post
    I just caught up on the show and I'm re-reading the series so I can hopefully catch up on her latest releases! @(you need an account to see links) you're a book ahead of me, hahah. I finished the Fiery Cross and then got super caught up in the show, so I'm going back and reading for details. Is the ninth book supposed to be the last one?

@(you need an account to see links) I love how they did Season 1, they were keeping pretty true to the books the best they could!
    I've been listening to the intro song for each season and I'm obsessed with how they change it to fit the season's theme... I get chills almost every time, lol

-----

I'm realizing it's extremely hard to talk about a lengthy series like this without spoilers, whoops...
    The intro song also gives me chills EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. and I am astounded each time!! Such a well done, aesthetic, and beautiful show. And yessss--fantastic casting imo!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Okay so an annoying disparity between the books and the show after seeing the latest episode: