DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Welcome to everyone new!!! Clraik is fucking awesome, I'm absolutely sure you will feel welcome here and have fun! It's a very warm and tight-knit community, but I mean that in a positive way. We have our backs! I joined 1.5 years ago I think (not sure until I post this so I can actually check) but was welcomed in/engaged with others (I'm not sure if this is the right term but I just don't know how to translate the Dutch word) immediately. I never felt like a newbie and I'm sure you won't as well. Don't be shy ^^

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Bat (02-19-2020),I_royalty_I (02-19-2020),j03 (02-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    15d 20h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Hi everyone! I've had several friends from the clraik community for years, but only recently decided to make an account and join in on the shenanigans myself. Now the ck forums are something that I browse daily, and I'm really glad that I made the decision to finally make an account and stop lurking.

Like @(you need an account to see links), I've also had some brief experiences with other neopets communities (reddit and NN,) but neither of them were really my scene. Regardless of whether I was cheating, the people on clraik are just the type of people that I vibe with. You guys are funny and welcoming of those who play differently than you, and it feels like the only community that isn't as Rated-PG as Neopets.com. I'm happy to be here!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fartbox For This Useful Post:

Delibird (02-20-2020),Erik. (02-20-2020),Fabulous (02-20-2020),j03 (02-20-2020),motherfucker (02-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hey, I'm new to the community and love what this forum has to offer. I think the concept is great and there seem to be a lot of awesome people on here.

There is something that concerns me though:

Every time I log in to see what's going on, 95% of the updates threads are bumps to selling threads. Seeing these makes me less interested in wanting to push myself into the community. It seems pretty obvious that most products being sold were obtained illegitimately which makes me feel like the "cheat and make money quickly" ideology is encouraged. I'm all about doing whatever you need to improve what's important to you, but not necessarily at the expense of someone else. I do understand that there is still a market for this, but is it possible to remove these threads from the "recent posts" or separate them? Or perhaps you must post something valuable before bumping again? I'm here to engage, not just buy. Imagine what it would be like if door to door sales/soliciting was encouraged in your neighborhood and the newsletter that the community provided content primarily based around these sales.

A community doesn't need to share a common goal, interest, etc. It just needs a group of people put together in the same place, who want to be a little transparent so that they can grow together. Communities are found because of common interest, but grow because of the people in them.

Love you all and still look forwarding to getting to know you guys

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arcaria For This Useful Post:

Delibird (02-20-2020),dustyc (02-21-2020),Erik. (02-20-2020),j03 (02-20-2020)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 4h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcaria View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the community and love what this forum has to offer. I think the concept is great and there seem to be a lot of awesome people on here.

There is something that concerns me though:

Every time I log in to see what's going on, 95% of the updates threads are bumps to selling threads. Seeing these makes me less interested in wanting to push myself into the community. It seems pretty obvious that most products being sold were obtained illegitimately which makes me feel like the "cheat and make money quickly" ideology is encouraged. I'm all about doing whatever you need to improve what's important to you, but not necessarily at the expense of someone else. I do understand that there is still a market for this, but is it possible to remove these threads from the "recent posts" or separate them? Or perhaps you must post something valuable before bumping again? I'm here to engage, not just buy. Imagine what it would be like if door to door sales/soliciting was encouraged in your neighborhood and the newsletter that the community provided content primarily based around these sales.

A community doesn't need to share a common goal, interest, etc. It just needs a group of people put together in the same place, who want to be a little transparent so that they can grow together. Communities are found because of common interest, but grow because of the people in them.

Love you all and still look forwarding to getting to know you guys
    Ah yeah, you point out the obvious.. We have always had the most popular and active market. We've had everything you can imagine sold/traded/offered in our trading section. If you're curious, you can always inquire about how people obtained their goods. The beauty with our community is that you can build up a profile/persona, rank up and gain respect/trust between the members. Obviously, the more reputable sellers are higher ranked. That being said, you shouldn't trust someone solely based on their rank! Check their trading history, post history and such... but you should always go with your gut, too.

One thing that this community has always tried to improve on is the social interaction. This is the main point of this topic here - to try and get users to introduce themselves and feel more comfortable, discover a potential interest in being active around the community, making friends, experiencing great and new memories that keep them coming back for more, etc... whatever may come out of it! We just love having awesome new people join us, and making this community more than it already is.

Appreciate your post! Thanks so much for the kind words.

---

We are loving the posts by everyone so far... please, don't be shy. Keep 'em coming!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (02-20-2020),Fabulous (02-20-2020)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,751 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 42m
    If you'd like to hide marketplace-related threads, then we have an option for that, @(you need an account to see links)! You'll need to over to your (you need an account to see links) and change the Exclude forums from "What's New" option to filter them out.

Here's a JavaScript snippet that can select all of the filters for you. You can execute it by pressing F12, Ctrl+Shift+I or Ctrl+Opt+I keys on your keyboard to open your browser's developer tools, click the "Console" tab, paste in this snippet and click "Run":

Code:
    (function () { for (var i = [8, 119, 131, 132, 133, 136, 138, 143], j = 0, k = $("#sel_excludewn"); j < k.options.length; j++) if (i.indexOf(parseInt(k.options[j].value)) != -1) k.options[j].selected = true; })()
    If you'd be more comfortable with selecting your filters manually, then look out for any forums labeled with Lending, Services, Trades or Trading similar to this (make sure to hold down the Ctrl key as you click, or you'll clear your previous selection):

Then click the "Save Changes" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. The threads in those forums will no longer be shown in your search results when you check what's new in the forum!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Arcaria (02-20-2020),Delibird (02-20-2020),Erik. (02-20-2020),Fabulous (02-20-2020),Stardust (02-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    If you'd like to hide marketplace-related threads, then we have an option for that, @(you need an account to see links)! You'll need to over to your (you need an account to see links) and change the Exclude forums from "What's New" option to filter them out.

Here's a JavaScript snippet that can select all of the filters for you. You can execute it by pressing F12, Ctrl+Shift+I or Ctrl+Opt+I keys on your keyboard to open your browser's developer tools, click the "Console" tab, paste in this snippet and click "Run":

Code:
    (function () { for (var i = [8, 119, 131, 132, 133, 136, 138, 143], j = 0, k = $("#sel_excludewn"); j < k.options.length; j++) if (i.indexOf(parseInt(k.options[j].value)) != -1) k.options[j].selected = true; })()
    If you'd be more comfortable with selecting your filters manually, then look out for any forums labeled with Lending, Services, Trades or Trading similar to this (make sure to hold down the Ctrl key as you click, or you'll clear your previous selection):

Then click the "Save Changes" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. The threads in those forums will no longer be shown in your search results when you check what's new in the forum!
    And the ability of a user to create the forum they want makes this place even greater

Thanks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    103/4
    Mentioned
    640 times
    Time Online
    15d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Hi. I'm back

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan~ For This Useful Post:

Delibird (02-20-2020),Fartbox (02-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hiiii I wanted to introduce myself (: im somewhat new here, have been just a lurker for a while but wanted to finally make an account to actually participate. I've played neopets longer than I'd like to admit and the only reason im still playing is purely for nostalgia <3

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pikachoo For This Useful Post:

Delibird (02-20-2020),Erik. (02-21-2020),Fabulous (02-20-2020),Stardust (02-21-2020),♥ Vee ♥ (02-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    57d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Welcome to all of the new folks! I haven't been here for a while but I'm gonna try to be more active now that I have some of my life together!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Misha For This Useful Post:

Stardust (02-21-2020)

Pronouns
    ✨ she / her✨
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    286 times
    Time Online
    59d 23h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Hello! I've been a member here for quite a few years but am starting to come out of lurker status (I'm so shy ). I initially joined for the Neopets market, so I can buy what I wanted that I couldn't achieve on-site, but I ended up staying because I love how close-knit and welcoming everyone is here, and also how active this place is. I'm really happy to have stuck around! I'm always up for making new friends or even just for chat so if anyone needs a buddy or someone to talk to you can message me any time ^_^

Andromeda
    Hatched: 11-15-2020
    Last Evolution: 1-1-2021
    Survived the Ryupocalypse 7-15-2021

(you need an account to see links) (you need an account to see links)
    Thanks TsUNaMy WaVe for the Paladins userbar!
    Thanks Lyrichord for the custom avatar userbar!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardust For This Useful Post:

Misha (02-22-2020)