5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m

Question Buying Affordable Laptop! {Specific}

Alright peeps, I really need your help here.

My laptop is dying and I think I really need to just buy a new one at this point. I have an Acer Aspire V3-551 that runs Windows 7.
    Now I HATE change. I love this laptop. My dad bought it for me in 2012 for college and I've been using it ever since. It's kinda heavy, overheats easily, and I've replaced its battery three times. I've also had it repaired once (the hinges broke, so they essentially just put epoxy in there lol). It's a dirty old thing and I hate to upgrade but I think it's really about time.
    It can hardly handle shit anymore and will just shut off if I have too many tabs open or if I'm streaming anything really.

What I'm looking for:
    -Preferably something not as heavy / more lightweight
    -Something that can handle online gaming a bit better (I don't need a gaming laptop necessarily, just something that won't shut off if I attempt to play something online)~ I need a laptop that will be able to run the upcoming "Book of Travels" game on Steam which I just backed in the Kickstarter
    -Also something that can handle making Animashes/AMVs/etc; I used to make them all the time and upload to Youtube but I don't think my current laptop can handle such a process anymore, nor do I have the space really to download/burn movies to it
    -Preferably still able to run Windows 7 because I fucking hate Windows 10 with a burning passion
    -PC NOT A MAC--I HATE THEM WITH A BURNING PASSION
    -Ideally something that doesn't feel like a big change from what I already have, if that makes sense (I hate change)
    -$300 or under (I cannot afford anything more, I understand this is a stretch for a decent laptop but it's all I can do)

Basically looking for something that isn't too much of a jump from what I already have, but will last me another 5 years or so, and won't randomly shut off on me when I try to do things.

Anyone good with tech and know what I'm essentially looking for??
    Last edited by Crow; 02-07-2020 at 05:10 PM.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (02-07-2020)