Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the actual value of unpatched switches? Who's hype for AC:NH?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

What's the actual value of unpatched switches? Who's hype for AC:NH?

Hrf getting used to the idea of hanging out in other parts of the forum here (hello!) but my entire life can be summed up with this

And like, no doubt I'm going to sell my switch and preorder this one, but I need to have both at once for a brief period of time to at least transfer my data over to the new switch. I've never resold physical items before out of...I guess not bothering with it? Not needing to? But I don't doubt the market might become saturated with switches when I finally do so.

CK is pretty knowledgeable in stuff like this, what are your guys' opinions? What do you think the (current) value of an unpatched switch is? What do you think it'll be when the new animal crossing switch drops and people have a second switch? Are unpatched switches even that popular? It feels like only people really into gutting the thing would be into the idea of buying one.

And finally who's as big of an animal crossing junkie as I am to even be entertaining the thought of buying a second switch sdfgf.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have the original version of the nintendo switch, but I am determined to buy this one! Animal Crossing is my favorite game!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maryjo1995 For This Useful Post:

mokoko (02-08-2020)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    As for switches the price seems be about same for trade in values via Gamestop if thats what you mean? Last I checked it was $200 for credit/cash. I personally am keeping my current switch. I'm also huge fan of animal crossing as well!

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

mokoko (02-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I'm kind of mad at how preorders just...sold out for it. How do you sell out of preorders? Awful. Awful! Artificial scarcity kills me. I heard from a friend that Japan is selling the joycons or dock separately, so those might show up on Playasia/TOM but because the system has the cute design on the back I want the whole package. I'll either have to get lucky with a snipe (if amazon or walmart offer a restock of the preorders) or deal with scalpers. Uuuuugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    As for switches the price seems be about same for trade in values via Gamestop if thats what you mean? Last I checked it was $200 for credit/cash. I personally am keeping my current switch. I'm also huge fan of animal crossing as well!
    Actually, no I don't! Unpatched switches are early era switches that can be "hacked" for...I'm not sure what, homebrew stuff for sure, but I'm not into that market so I don't claim to know what's being hacked onto the thing. Modders and such want old switches that aren't patched for that reason, so they're more valuable.

(you need an account to see links)

You can check if your switch is patched or not there by just its serial number. TL;DR green is definitely unpatched, orange is "it might be patched" and red is "it's definitely patched, sorry." I have a greenlit, unpatched model.

On ebay unpatched switches go for about $300-400 depending on the grade of the system (so how banged up it is, I suppose), and selling just the console makes it about $250 or so, again depending on the grade. But that's ebay, so the market might be wildly inaccurate there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mokoko For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (02-14-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    My husband and I hunted down the Let's Go Eevee!/Pikachu! limited edition Switch when we finally got one, and we're getting the new one while keeping the old one. We play enough - and travel enough - that we want to have a second Switch anyways, so it worked out for us. Canadian prices mean that we get gouged a bit when it comes to literally any new electronics, but we're willing to invest.

Lots of places do trade-ins, and I've found that there's always people even in our friend network who jump on buying gently used electronics for reasonable prices!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

mokoko (02-08-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If it weren't just me and myself, keeping the original switch would be a wise move, however I don't think my dog has the thumbs to be able to play mario party with me. I might have luck selling locally to a person and not a store just because I live in a populous state college city, but, again, I'm really frazzled on the concept of selling things due to lack of experience and I'd be making the 6_9 face at the risks of going out to meet someone for a craigslist sale.

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    Oh I see lol I actually have a hacked switch, so I dont know much about the differences. Friend keeps mine updated/hacked it for me.

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

mokoko (02-08-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Keep your hackable switch. I was gonna sell mine until I checked that site you linked a while back to check if it's patched.

Trust me you are gonna have a major regret selling that if you have any intentions on hacking your games down the line.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

mokoko (02-16-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I sold the switch that I bought last fall just to play ACNH when I found out there was an AC switch and they sold TF out before I got my preorder in.

When I called GameStop, she said they�re expecting an extra 5 on top of their preorders coming in so bet I�ll be outside their door at 8 am on the 13th waiting for store opening to grab one. I will have that switch if it kills me. I also preordered the game and case.

They need to allow for cloud saves so I can buy a lite and take it on trips with me. That�s my biggest peeve. Nintendo is trying to dictate how we play and banning our game play over multiple platforms because people were duping. It�s not a competitive game. Let me cheat if I so feel the need.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    I sold the switch that I bought last fall just to play ACNH when I found out there was an AC switch and they sold TF out before I got my preorder in.

When I called GameStop, she said they’re expecting an extra 5 on top of their preorders coming in so bet I’ll be outside their door at 8 am on the 13th waiting for store opening to grab one. I will have that switch if it kills me. I also preordered the game and case.

They need to allow for cloud saves so I can buy a lite and take it on trips with me. That’s my biggest peeve. Nintendo is trying to dictate how we play and banning our game play over multiple platforms because people were duping. It’s not a competitive game. Let me cheat if I so feel the need.
    That's actually the thing. You can't transfer your save data between switches for this one. And they did it intentionally to avoid hacking.

Someone on facebook told me that.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg