2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Brexit

After midnight tonight, the UK will no longer be part of the EU. Do you support Brexit? If so, why? If not, why not?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m
    @(you need an account to see links) rather than just posting a topic, it's helpful to start a debate by sharing your own opinion.

I'm not British, so I'm going to be upfront in saying that I've done no research or reading into the subject. Only recently did I hear of Nigel Farage (through the excellent TV show, The Circle) and he strikes me as the Pommy Donald Trump. Without all the information, I think that Brexit is a mistake. Farage is pushing an "America first" sort of angle, I guess because there are some less economically secure countries in the EU and sharing his toys seemed unfair? However, in this globalised society, having diplomatic friends and allies is important. Should the UK have crises, I doubt the EU countries will be as willing to offer their support. Moreover, the whole travel thing just sound so much more convenient. If I were a Brit who liked traveling, I'd be pissed that I need to muck around with visas again.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Babaa (02-03-2020),Bat (01-31-2020),Mr. 49 (02-24-2020)