Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing...When did Gaia die?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 16h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtmahr View Post
    Not sure when it died, but I loved playing back in 2008-2010. Actually stopped playing neo to go on gaia. I still login from time to time to cringe at the shit I said as a teen and hoping that the friends I made on there may login to chat
    I do that sometimes as well. I'll post on their profile or send a PM to see if maybe, just maybe, someone logs in and actually remembers me in regards to cringe, my profile looked like that of a myspace or "friendpages" website. i only defaulted it this past year, thank god. think i'm gonna login now just to see if I can buy the item I want on my wish list

EDIT: I bought the item on my wish list.
    Last edited by Ariealle; 10-12-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Oh man it has been years since I logged into my gaia account. I remember my guild, it was the best.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 15h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    It died quite a few years ago now.. I log in every now and then but it's not the same anymore.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Even if the gold gens didn't kill gaia it owuld have probably naturally died with the end of the era.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 3h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    They sold out and destroyed the market themselves, Gaia was a game that had potential.

I was a long time gaia online player and accumulated an insane amount of money. I didn't like the community very much because a loooott of the people were absolutely nuts, like PCers but on crack. I got a low-ball offer on a very expensive item and got into an argument with a well known person on the forums. Same day I got banned for RWT. Imagine playing legit for years only to get banned for not selling an item cheap to a known person. Honestly if I had known that she had mods in her inner circle beforehand, I would have sold the item for cheap.

Now I'm back on Neopets, far better IMO.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sambo For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    159 times
    Time Online
    40d 20h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i just checked back in on gaia after i watched this video, which also is a really interesting breakdown of the history of how things got so crazy

it felt cathartic to delete all my cringey old RPs and giveaway all my stuff

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (10-12-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I still log in from time to time, but yes it pretty much died once the gold bots came in. It used to be so fun back then.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    man i MISS gaia. i used to be apart of the breedables crowd and draw tons of different pets and stuff and help run those shops. i miss that shit so bad it was so fun. it was always full of drama and a bunch of 15 year olds at anothers throats but it was like..running your own mini petsites

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mixednuts For This Useful Post:

Ice (12-10-2021)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I totally didn't realize there was a place here to talk about gaia! Its still up and going and I think everyone who still plays just talks about how we all can't believe its still somehow running.
    The only way to get good items anymore is to pay for them when they're in the shop and the best way to earn gold(/plat)is to buy items you think will resell for a proper penny. It's rough.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    I totally didn't realize there was a place here to talk about gaia! Its still up and going and I think everyone who still plays just talks about how we all can't believe its still somehow running.
    The only way to get good items anymore is to pay for them when they're in the shop and the best way to earn gold(/plat)is to buy items you think will resell for a proper penny. It's rough.
    It's pretty impossible to get gold/platinum anymore just by being active on the site. You basically have to dump actual money in to the various gacha type item releases they put out monthly.

I went back somewhat recently to see how things were since like most people I was surprised to see the site still going and it was disappointing to say the least. Though I may also just be older and somewhat blinded by nostalgia.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-20-2022)