Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reminiscing...When did Gaia die?

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    GOD i used to log onto that site and just play puzzles all day

good times

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-22-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Oh wow! Yeah I just recently logged back into mine and explored for a little bit but hardly ever get on.
    I was OBSESSED with puzzles an fishing!

“Im a Potato,”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tater For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Holy moly I remember Gaia! I had never really delved into it as much though, I was a lot more invested in TinierMe (if anyone remembers that?) which was pretty similar to Gaia at the time. I miss those online avatar websites ;O; People had some amazing customisations on their little Gaia avatars.
    Last edited by Hollow; 06-20-2022 at 04:09 PM.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-22-2022),Tater (06-21-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I used Tinierme for awhile! I feel like I used Gaia more, didnt Gaia have some side project sites that failed pretty early on in their release?
    It's had to have been several years now, I don't remember much about it, except that as quick as it appeared it was shut down.

“Im a Potato,”

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    TinierMe was around for a while, I believe it was released in Japan first then It was released to the rest of the world after, but correct me if Im wrong! I can't remember the exact reasoning as to why it shut down, but it was super popular. I had so many awesome wearables that I spent hours trying to trade and get from their gachas ;O;

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Ohhh! Gaiaonline was my introduction gateway to selling art commissions for rlc. The art and graphics shops were such heavy flow of inspiration for me back then. I have very fond memories drawing super cute avatars and original characters ^-^

I stopped playing around the time when a bunch of gold gen items popped up in the cash shop (maybe late 2014 to mid 2015?), came back to visit for a short period around 2016. I think I remember seeing a new currency was introduced to combat gold inflation.. By then, the player base was dwindling and the forums didn't move as fast as it used to @@

The pet battling thing was fun for a bit too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sanrio For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    It's pretty impossible to get gold/platinum anymore just by being active on the site. You basically have to dump actual money in to the various gacha type item releases they put out monthly.

I went back somewhat recently to see how things were since like most people I was surprised to see the site still going and it was disappointing to say the least. Though I may also just be older and somewhat blinded by nostalgia.
    Yeah it’s so rough. :/ at the same time though, a little part of me wishes neopets would sort of implement some of the same things gaia does with their wearables to NC
    They have a feature where you can pay to basically recolor an item in a scheme you—and usually a few other users you calibrate with, choose and it’s so cool. I’d love for them to do stuff like that with Dyeworks!

I still log on semi frequently and was quite surprised at how many people on my friends list still go on! It’s so nice still to see so many art shops too. 🥺

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    She/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    23d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowfighter View Post
    Yeah it’s so rough. :/ at the same time though, a little part of me wishes neopets would sort of implement some of the same things gaia does with their wearables to NC
    They have a feature where you can pay to basically recolor an item in a scheme you—and usually a few other users you calibrate with, choose and it’s so cool. I’d love for them to do stuff like that with Dyeworks!
    Changing the dyeworks to something akin to Gaia's current system would be an absolute dream. I remember a few projects to remake specific items certain colorschemes on Gaia and how they were successful and it made me wish TNT would do the same thing for NC wearables. Especially stuff like contacts or accessories.

Thank you so much, (you need an account to see links)!
    RBY styled Vulpix Ryu bar made by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokon For This Useful Post: