Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    200d 22h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezy View Post
    UK isn't really doing much about this from what I heard

But then again I don't see how school closures are going to help. Coz then I'll just take my kids out shopping and to the playgyms instead. Can't be stuck in the house with these kids for 2 weeks driving me insane
    This right here!

I live near two universities that just closed for a whole month. You think college students are just gonna stay home for a month? They�re gonna be out and in public places now more than anything. How is that going to help?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    We've been upgraded (downgraded?) to State of Emergency, so all unis, grade schools, etcetera are closed and legit everyone in the state is on "work at home if at all possible".

Dad's retired. My grad program is already online, and I heard from someone in admissions (purely by coincidence) that they started sending home offline students this week. (I think she said they're just not allowing them back from break.)

So Mom is the only one who has to work from home, but her company was already like, "Work wherever you want, just get stuff done!" so she was already used to working there, anyway, and she can access her company's mainframe using her work laptop. Only difference is that any "lunch-and-learns" and other meetings are now webinars for the foreseeable future, and that she had to run in and pick up a few things from her office (I keep forgetting she's been upgraded from a cube!) that weren't already available online.