Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m

Exclamation Wuhan Corona Virus

LIVE UPDATES ABOUT THE VIRUS:

(you need an account to see links)

================================================== =

SOURCE:(you need an account to see links)

How does coronavirus spread?

Coronavirus is an airborne virus, spread in a similar way to colds and the flu.

It is incredibly contagious and is spread through contact with anything the virus is on as well as infected breath, coughs or sneezes.

This means that anyone who is infected can pass it on to any surface or person they breathe on or touch.

===============

Anyone else worried as well?

My country apparently does not have a case yet. But the people from where I live have doubts about the government. Since a lot of Chinese people enters into our country.
    Either our government here is hiding it to avoid people from panicking or it is just that the equipment are not enough to determine the carriers of the virus.
    Last edited by Doge; 03-10-2020 at 09:44 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Doge For This Useful Post:

cute can kill (02-04-2020),dono (01-29-2020),Fiore (01-31-2020),Gato (01-30-2020),MadameNova (02-19-2020),Menine (01-29-2020),Pidgey (03-20-2020),richardscoot (01-30-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I live right next to China actually, everyone here's wearing face masks. However I am not too worried I suppose. Mainly because there's not much else we can do, besides just being careful.

And yeah, it's pretty common for the Chinese government to cover things up, so there might be way more than they mentioned. But then again if we just take care of our hygiene we have a much better chance to prevent it, and I lived in China for 5 years.. their hygiene standards are just incredibly low, especially in hospitals, every hospital I visited in China shocked me with their lack of hygiene/procedures.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bootiesrus For This Useful Post:

cute can kill (02-04-2020),Doge (01-30-2020),Fiore (02-05-2020),Synth Salazzle (01-29-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m
    UPDATE!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    What I find sad is that the devs of Plague Inc felt the need to advise people that the game shouldn't be considered a scientific model for disease spread. Duh. It's a game.

Please remember that Plague Inc. is a game, not a scientific model, and that the current coronavirus outbreak is a very real situation which is impacting a huge number of people. We would always recommend that players get their information directly from local and global health authorities.
    (you need an account to see links)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (01-30-2020),MadameNova (02-19-2020),Misha (02-24-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I find myself morbidly fascinated by epidemiology. I wish I could have studied it.

I'm not trying to make light of any loss of life. How did this thing *manifest?* What created it? What hellish cocktail of bacteria and viruses swam together to produce such a contagion?

It's a little terrifying for sure. My country only has a few cases so far, and afaik no one has died. I'm still planning on practicing a lot of hand-washing, though - you can't be too careful.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 36m

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    I find myself morbidly fascinated by epidemiology. I wish I could have studied it.

I'm not trying to make light of any loss of life. How did this thing *manifest?* What created it? What hellish cocktail of bacteria and viruses swam together to produce such a contagion?

It's a little terrifying for sure. My country only has a few cases so far, and afaik no one has died. I'm still planning on practicing a lot of hand-washing, though - you can't be too careful.

From what I heard so far that it started in Wuhan, China. That it came from eating a certain kind of bat. Not really 100% sure yet about this.
    From some reports too they said that the symptoms would show like after a week or so if you've been infected by the virus.

There were videos that went viral where people are just lying dead on the street in Wuhan, China.

Yeah always wear wask. Specially on crowded places.

I'll try to update my first post about some details about the virus on my spare time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Huh. It's reached the UK. Interesting. The morbid part of me wants to start playing Plague Inc. again after this.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Oh god

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    its really not that big a deal, and i think most of the hype/scaremongering is racially driven with emphasis on the "chinese people dirty" rhetoric.

people dont know they have it until they show symptoms, and because of the asymptomatic incubation period, theyre unknowingly exposing others to it and the cycle continues.

most of the deaths are due to overwhelming numbers of cases in places like wuhan that have been shown to have doctors who are unable to save every case. most of the deaths are also elderly and infants and those who have weakened immune systems.

more people died of the flu in america than people in china have died of coronavirus. its a more aggressive cold, less aggressive flu.

if you want to avoid coronavirus heres some handy tips on basic hygiene!:
    - wash your hands. handled money? wash your hands. touched a cash machine? wash your hands. went to the bathroom? wash your hands. touched someone elses hand? wash your hands. keep your hands washed. this will help both you and the general public.
    - wear a face mask. you know, like theyre doing in china. the air in public transport and cities is shared between you and hundreds if not thousands of other people. you dont know what youre breathing in. a face mask will help. and if you are sick, it will help others avoid catching what you have.
    - no seriously, wash your damn hands. i dont care if you dont touch your cock when you pee, wash your hands. even if youre fixing your clothes in a stall, youre touching the stall handle/door. thats contact with a potentially contaminated area. wash your hands. use soap and warm water, get underneath your fingernails.......... look, just wash your hands
    - hand sanitiser is good, but it doesnt kill all germs. soap and warm water is your best bet, but hand sanitiser is good when youre unable to get those two other key ingredients. this stuff is dirt cheap and at the counter of most drug stores and gas stations. wash your hands once youre done purchasing it.
    - sneeze/cough into your elbow. remember dabbing? when you feel a sneeze or a cough, dab. that way you dont need to wash your hands because you sneezed or coughed into them, your elbow got the brunt of it. nobodys gonna be touching the inside of your elbow except you, and if you do touch it, wash your hands, then the inside of your elbow.
    - the telltale symptoms are coughing, difficulty breathing, and a high fever. if you experience that, seek medical attention as soon as possible and avoid other people in the event you may contaminate other people.
    - keep a distance between yourself and others. 3ft is a good idea. ESPECIALLY keep your distance from people who are coughing or sneezing. it might be hay fever! but it also might not be hay fever.
    - dont touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. if you have the virus on you (aka, you didnt wash your hands after you touched potential contamination) youre just putting it into the body quicker if you touch these things.
    - try not to touch animals that you dont know when youre outside. you cant be too careful.
    - if you REALLY want to avoid contamination, dont wear the same clothes inside that you did outside. if you sat on the bus in those pants and that shirt, take them off when you get home and wash them. same with shoes; leave them at the door. have a pair of indoor clothes and keep them indoors, not even to take the trash out. if you want to take the trash out, use the outdoor clothes. its more laundry, but less contamination.

you can avoid the spread of it by being a clean motherfucker. even if youre not avoiding getting sick, just... wash your hands dude.

hand sanitiser and masks are EXTREMELY cheap on amazon. you can get like 50 masks for a dollar, maybe 5 bottles of sanitiser for the same price and those puppies last a while.

for real though wash your fucking hands.

Last edited by Mindfang; 02-04-2020 at 04:44 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

cute can kill (02-04-2020),Fiore (02-05-2020),Maelstra (03-04-2020),rio (03-05-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) I briefly thought about studying epidemiology and...I don't know why I decided not to.

My mom: is this a field you can get a job in?

Me: (*tries not to laugh her head off*) Um, epidemiology is the study of epidemics? Epidemics have been going on for centuries? Epidemiology will always be a necessary field!

(Like, how is anything to do with medicine ever questionable? Alternative medicine, sure, but regular?)

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu
    people dont know they have it until they show symptoms, and because of the asymptomatic incubation period, theyre unknowingly exposing others to it and the cycle continues.

My thoughts exactly! Expert was like, "The Diamond Princess quarantine failed!"

Um, no; I think it's likely that people were spreading it before they knew they had it. A quarantine can't "fail" if it's put in place after massive spread has already happened. (Plus, there were people walking around without protection, so short of beating them over their heads and dragging them off to their rooms, it's going to happen!)

-----

My parents were a little concerned about me getting stuff from China, but I read on BBC a few weeks ago that COVID-19 doesn't survive long enough to be mailed. (Unlike the bug that causes gastroenteritis, which can live for a month outside a human. YIKES!)

I've had things come in from Wish and I haven't gotten sick. They were shipped from places hundreds of miles from Wuhan, but I don't know about other hotspots.

My new laptop is coming from China, but I also know that FedEx has suspended shipping in hotspots, so it wouldn't be on its way if it wasn't safe. (Ish.)