DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Ooh, a shared carrier sounds like a good idea then!! I honestly think you'll be fine. I think they're more curious / into exploring when they're younger. I hope they do well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    You seem to have a lot of good replies, but I popped in here and figured I'd add my two cents. I've moved around a lot since getting my cat, at least half a dozen apartments over 5.5 years. She's always pretty freaked at first in a new place, but she bounces back eventually. As far as going back and forth between places, when I lived in New York I visited my parents' house in Jersey a lot, and while she's nervous around my parents, she loved having two homes (especially because a house in the suburbs gives A LOT more room to explore than a Manhattan studio). I think especially because you have the two that will have each other, they'll adapt and be okay, I would just suggest making sure they know and are used to your SO before they stay there.

I wouldn't worry about not being seen as mommy. My cat was a stray initially found by my now-ex, who had her for about two months before I took over. We were long distance, but my cat still was in love every visit, and honestly knowing that is one of the roughest parts of the breakup because I feel bad.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 12h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Your new babies are adorable!

When kittens are that young, they're pretty adaptable, so you're in luck there! My three cats and I have moved three times in two years, but we've made it work. I think the most important thing is moving all their stuff with them. In particular, I find it helps to have several blankets/towels that have the cats' scent all over them, which you can then put all over the couch/bed/floor at their "new" home. They'll feel more comfortable if a new environment already smells like them. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, it can help to keep them confined to just one room for the first few days; though very young guys like yours are usually adventurous, if they grow more timid as they get older, establishing one room as a "base camp" of sorts that they know is safe and smells like them can help give them confidence once they start to explore the rest of their new space.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aflack13 For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    9h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A