13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Spyro or Crash Bandicoot?

I have always been a playstation fan, I have actually never played xbox. The games I like in particular are the Ratchet and Clank series (I own them all and have beaten them numerous times), Jak and Daxter, Fur Fighters, Sly Cooper series, really any adventure/puzzle games.

As far as I know, Spyro is more like those games and Crash is more Super Mario/Donkey Kong type. I do love those games as well but more so the kinds listed above. Crash looks fun though!

I have never played either and I need a new game lol which ones do you guys prefer?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    453 times
    Time Online
    148d 16h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    They're both amazing, but if I had to choose, Spyro. Crash can REALLY get under your skin very quickly, but it is fun once you get the hang of it. Maybe it's just because I haven't put enough time into it.

But Spyro, my gosh. It's hard, but it's easy. I have 100%+ (because there is extra stuff, like getting all the skill points) all 3 games on PSOne and the re-release. The first one took me 6 years to beat to completion, and I think I did Ripto's Rage way faster. Upon re-release, it took me a week to complete all 3, mainly because I remembered everything from play hundreds of times over.

The music is fun, the enemies are hilarious, the stories are actually good. You get to switch characters in Year of the Dragon, depending on world. The power-ups are such a relief to have, and actually make you want to play through a second time. There are numerous cheat codes to help you out as well, if you ever feel a bit stuck. I'm sure Crash has them as well, but I have never looked.

In the second one (Ripto's), I would say it's a bit more challenging, but in a good way. You may want to throw your controller across the room for some of the quests, but what is a game if you don't get angry at it. Personally my favourite, as I loved the worlds overall. Even the water ones were okay, and I know a lot of people that hate water areas (Mario, Zelda, etc.)

If you have an opportunity to try either, I would say start with Crash. Reason why is because once you play Spyro, you won't want to play Crash (or that could just be me )

Either way, hope you have fun! They are both great games

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-06-2020),Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I choose Spyro. I love Spyro 3 year of dragon. I remember when i was searched all eggs... Nostalgy. Too i remember Spyro 2 the Ripto, with the gems and talisman :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Ohhh Spyro, absolutely. The original 3 Spyro games are the epitome of the 3D platforming age IMO! I honestly would recommend playing both the originals and the remasters because the remasters are absolutely beautiful and have some great QOL additions, but the originals have SOOO much charm and a really distinct and delightful aesthetic.

I personally could never get into the Crash games because they're linear. The Spyro games offer a lot more in terms of exploration and is just a lot more satisfying to play I think. I do a lot of "frolicking" when I play Spyro - running and gliding around with no real purpose, just exploring and enjoying the sights. They really nailed the movement and it just plain feels good to play.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragon For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    92d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Spyro is more fun and you get to wander in more than a straight line like you have to do in crash. I love crash bandicoot, but I'm not amazing at it. I used to be better with timing things just right but not anymore, it does get under your skin.

The skies, architecture, and music in Spyro is what really got me to love the game. I've played 1,2, and 3 countless times and even wrote a paper about it for a college english essay. Spyro would be more of a fit, but if you get the chance eventually play both games.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Spyro is more of a fun game and he’s a lot cuter than Crash. I was blown away when the first Spyro game came out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasi For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm biased because I've only played Spyro but my childhood would not be the same without it! The original Spyro the Dragon game is still one of my favorite games of all time! Super fun game that's pretty easy but still challenging enough to be worth playing, with secret levels, funny adversaries, and an AWESOME soundtrack! Plus, you just gotta love Spyro's snark haha.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-06-2020),Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Crash is excellent, but Spyro's worlds are more open and fun to explore. I value exploration a LOT in games, especially platformers, and I tend to prefer platformers with big stages (but not too big). Spyro is also more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion. Crash looks great, but the atmosphere in Spyro titles is... too good.

Of course, I grew up playing Spyro a lot more than Crash, so I am a bit biased.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ShyRaine For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    17h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have played both so much throughout my childhood, but Crash has to take this victory for me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ghekolus For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (01-07-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    You guys are awesome, thank you all so much for the detailed explanations, I really appreciate the effort! Clearly Spyro is the winner! I ordered Spyro: A new Beginning because the others I didn't have enough for. I would particularly like to thank @(you need an account to see links) for your secret santa present! I was going to buy NP, but I actually decided to get this instead as I am a video game nut and I haven't played anything new in ages. I am actually super sick rn and I wish it was here to play my day away but I am very excited for it's arrival. Thanks again everyone for the info! My FB friends were literally divided in half lol so this was really helpful, especially the detail you guys provided me with. I love CK so much lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-07-2020)