172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m

What do you want from 2020?

It's become a meme how bad 2018 was, and then 2019 was worse. It's 8am on January 1st, here in Australia, so I'm wondering what it is you want from this year? This could be resolutions you'd like to have about yourself and your actions, or just broader wishes of how things in the world beyond your control may go.

Myself:
    * Keep life in perspective; I am happy to have a promotion that I've worked hard to earn, but remember that I work for my family, and they must have priority.
    * Don't put too much pressure on myself. Working full-time, studying my Masters part-time, raising 2 kids...I'm juggling a lot and I want to remember that I don't need to achieve perfection with everything. Like with uni, "Ps get degrees" (P = pass). I'm completely capable of getting top marks, but does it matter, aside from my sense of pride?
    * Work on biting my tongue more. Now that I'm in a leadership role in my school, I need to be very mindful of what I say and how it affects those around me. I'm not a positive person by nature, but I need to ensure that I'm communicating in ways appropriate for leadership.

The world:
    * Idealistic, but just be fucking kinder to one another. The selfishness, the sense of entitlement, the petty cruelty...you might not like someone else's beliefs or actions, but unless they're hurting others, just let them be happy!
    * Cool down. My summer so far has been an average of 39C. That's ridiculously hot.
    * The Elder Scrolls VI, please!!!

Your turn.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (01-03-2020),Bat (12-31-2019),Gato (01-01-2020),Lilostitch (07-12-2020),MKM (01-01-2020)