172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 16m

What do you want from 2020?

It's become a meme how bad 2018 was, and then 2019 was worse. It's 8am on January 1st, here in Australia, so I'm wondering what it is you want from this year? This could be resolutions you'd like to have about yourself and your actions, or just broader wishes of how things in the world beyond your control may go.

Myself:
    * Keep life in perspective; I am happy to have a promotion that I've worked hard to earn, but remember that I work for my family, and they must have priority.
    * Don't put too much pressure on myself. Working full-time, studying my Masters part-time, raising 2 kids...I'm juggling a lot and I want to remember that I don't need to achieve perfection with everything. Like with uni, "Ps get degrees" (P = pass). I'm completely capable of getting top marks, but does it matter, aside from my sense of pride?
    * Work on biting my tongue more. Now that I'm in a leadership role in my school, I need to be very mindful of what I say and how it affects those around me. I'm not a positive person by nature, but I need to ensure that I'm communicating in ways appropriate for leadership.

The world:
    * Idealistic, but just be fucking kinder to one another. The selfishness, the sense of entitlement, the petty cruelty...you might not like someone else's beliefs or actions, but unless they're hurting others, just let them be happy!
    * Cool down. My summer so far has been an average of 39C. That's ridiculously hot.
    * The Elder Scrolls VI, please!!!

Your turn.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (01-03-2020),Bat (12-31-2019),Gato (01-01-2020),Lilostitch (07-12-2020),MKM (01-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    6d 18h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    For me personally, I would really like to finally land a job with a bit more... creativity. And I would like to work on myself in terms of speaking up more. I have the tendency to not say anything when something bothers me, out of fear of hurting my colleagues' feelings, but in the end I just get more frustrated.

For the world, I very much agree about just being kinder to each other.. In my country I feel like people are just getting worse, I've witnessed more racism, more violence.. It's just horrible.
    And I would really like to see more world leaders stepping up regarding global warming, because it is a freaking mess.

It's been 2020 for nearly an hour here now, so happy new year!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vee For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020),Mama Bear (12-31-2019)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    85d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    *I want to be healthy Im dealing with some health issues and it is hard

*I want to keep rescuing dogs and cats without getting kicked out from my house

*this is a dream but I wish something like a less toxic Pound Chat. Neopets is a nice place but there is a few toxics ruining the experience.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dono For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020),Mama Bear (12-31-2019)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I'm seconding The Elder Scrolls VI!!

For me:
    * I'd like to be able to have my life revolve less around money. That's going to be really hard with the first five months of the year, since I'll be paying double rent if my apartment doesn't sublease my unit. But I'm moving to a job with double my current salary, so hopefully once those five months pass I'll be able to focus on this goal!

* I would like to be able to write just for ME. I worry too much about what other people think when they read my (fan)fic. It's not that deep. I just want to bring joy to people, and I need to remember that!

* Keep up my relationships with friends that I've made in my current location, after I move.

For the world:
    * Break! Up! Monopolies!!

* Better US President!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020),Mama Bear (01-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    45d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I am entering 2020 with the mindset that it is my turnaround year!

Here are some of my goals and resolutions:

* After months and months of unemployment, I secured my dream job, just two weeks ago! A job in a field that interests me, and a very direct path to.... basically everything that I have worked for my entire life. I'm still in disbelief! One of my biggest goals for 2020 is to do my absolute best in this role, expand my network in the field, and to dedicate more of my spare time to research and improvement.
    * Fitness! I'm going all in on exercise this year, chasing the former glory of my athletic past lol XD I'm changing my diet, started running, and hopefully by the end of the year I can get back into sports!
    * Less video games, more reading and drawing! Cutting down on farming those legendaries and focusing more on finally creating art for my damned neopets

As for the world.. I truly wish that we would all be kinder to one another and to our environment, this year and for all to come.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gato For This Useful Post:

Mama Bear (01-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Really interesting and inspiring to know what others want. Thank you for starting this thread

*be more assertive in my life choices (always go the wrong path)
    *focus in just one thing at a time (I study and work part-time, but I am not having the energy to do both at the same time; I really should make a choice)
    *for people to stop missing appointments (it's really annoying when you depend on someone else's work and that person fails their deadline, so you also miss yours)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MKM For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020),Mama Bear (01-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I want a full-time job, somewhere I can use my brain a bit. But man have businesses gotten very comfortable with using part-time people and accept lower overall quality if it means saving money on benefits.

I'd even take data-entry/clerical work at this point. But in the meantime, I'm picking up programming skills and a couple of manual ones, anything to piece-meal a proper income again. It sucks.

(That aside, I already got my Christmas wish of the SW fandom imploding with TRoSW, man that's been a fun meltdown to watch.*)

* Possibly I could also strive be a nicer person and not enjoy schadenfreude so much...
    Last edited by PabstBlueRibbon; 01-01-2020 at 09:34 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020),Mama Bear (01-02-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I'd really love to achieve my academic goals this semester. I'm waiting for 5 responses, and I just need one to start my summer job.
    Also, I want to met someone interesting that doesn't want me as a sex object. That's all.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midas For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    For me: I need to move to a more fulfilling job. I do not yet know what I'd like to make a career out of, but a job that isn't soul-sucking would be my loftiest goal.
    I would also like to work on my interpersonal relationships a tad more; learn to set boundaries and explain my needs and wants better, as well as asking others what their boundaries are, and being more attentive to their needs and wants.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. 49 For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Happiness

2019 was a bad year, apart from my beautiful son been born

I just want to be truly happy this year and meet the right guy to help make that happen

I'm getting old and too tired of failing relationships

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sezy For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-14-2020)