39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I can't decide if I like yennifer or not
    Some episodes I just wish she would get killed off
    Then some episodes she is just amazing

I'm still confused about Ciri. What is she!?
    In the first episode they talk about one girl been born as a demon godess sent to kill the humans. Could this be her?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    62d 11h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I just finished it. I'm not sure if I like it, but I'll keep an eye for the next Season on 2021.
    Plot is weird, and I loved the ep1 sword fight. Some scenes cringe me, because they are so bad acting, but it's fine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've played the games and I think that was the only thing that let me know what was going on. Though I was working on commissions while watchign so not super paying attention. But the weird ass time skips and flash backs which kept appearing without even a costume changed kept confusing the heCK out of me.
    The tone changing was real weird too, is it super serious? Lighthearted? whats happening LMAO

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Henry Cavill as Gerald is superhot, ughhh.. Those leather pants are killing me.

I haven't watched any episodes yet, just some bits and pieces posted on Discord. Not sure if it's worth it, I still have so many shows to watch.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    50d 10h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    I really enjoyed it! My SO and I binged it in 2 days after work. We both love the fantasy genre. Never read the books or played the games, but my SO has. He helped explain some things in the first couple episodes so I think it was easier to follow along in that sense. He really appreciated Yennefer's backstory, since apparently that wasn't in the games. I really liked the bard! I'll refrain from saying more about the storyline in case others haven't had a chance to see it yet!

I can certainly see where some of the complaints about the show come from. Like it had pockets of poor acting and some of the outfit designs were questionable. But I believe they are having another costume designer for next season. Likewise, I imagine they will have more budgeting for production and such next season too.

☆ avatar & sig art by DankRUSE ☆

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    4d 7h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I like it but it also super confusing thanks to the time skips. Can't wait for season 2!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 9h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Toss a coin to your Witcher, O' Valley of Plenty!

Pronouns
    She/Her, Goddess
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    139/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gato View Post
    I absolutely love it! Big fan of the books, glad to see the game and show successfully adapting the same level of cringe. The timelines were a little confusing at first, it's been a looong while since I've read the books and the hints weren't that apparent to my thick skull, for a while XD
    I do think there are a handful of things left to improve, but I also think we'll see many of these improvements in the following season.

I like the cast and character development as well, video game Ciri was a tad too bland and didn't resonate with the books at all (for me, at least), as did Yen!

Alsoooo:

Is anyone here looking forward to the Wheel of Time adaptation? Figured it'd be a similar crowd of fans - I really hope it will at least be on par with the Witcher production
    Yes! I love WOT series! I named my son after Logain!

I loved the Witcher, especially the "toss a coin to your witcher song" I never read the books and had only heard of the game thru my kids, but I thought it was excellent.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I played the games, and while I haven't read the books I'm heavily into the OG lore from them and I adored the show. This is coming from someone who was 1000% convinced that the show would be ridiculous and horrible and that I would spent the entirety of the show laughing at how bad it was. This ended up being one of my favourite shows of all time. I have feelings about the Geralt wig, and there were some moments of shoddy acting from minor characters, but that is about my only complaint.

If you are familiar with the games/books the time skips aren't too bad, but the show itself also gives you a ton of nuggets to let you know when things are happening in relation to each other - which speak to the level of attention that the writers paid when assembling the first two books - which are just a series of jumbled up essays.

So excited for the season season!!!

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    braid-tugging intensifies