15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Has anybody confirmed those detection measures to be real, @(you need an account to see links)? That sounds like the kind of hocus pocus that players were scared of on Neopets back in the day, but a lot of it turned out to be schoolyard rumors.
    I don't know if the detection actually works or not but yes, when we were testing things for the coli bot my team and I were building we discovered that they had code that tracks your mouse position.

That's all I know about it. I'm not a coder I just do all the repetitive tasks no one else wants to do. I don't know what any of it means.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Dot (02-19-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    If there is in fact mouse tracking, how hard would it be to spoof mouse position in turn? In my case when Coli-ing, I use the keyboard to battle and basically leave the mouse sitting on the button to continue battling so I can click that and carry on -- I hate how much the coli controls still require mouse use, because I'm one of the people who have mobility issues and benefit from using the keyboard in the first place.

Also shoutout to FR's asinine captchas. More than once I've had to right-click-open part of the image to find the actual thing I'm supposed to click on -- they're so muddy and obscured that in an effort to prevent cheating, they've made it hard for legitimate players to continue playing. I'd love to see someone find a way to automate around it purely out of spite at this point.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anagram22 For This Useful Post:

Dot (02-19-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-01-2020),Synth Salazzle (01-01-2020)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    It wouldn't be difficult at all to spoof mouse movement. I'm surprised that their developers even bothered to try tracking something as easy as that to fake.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-01-2020),Synth Salazzle (01-01-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by anagram22 View Post
    If there is in fact mouse tracking, how hard would it be to spoof mouse position in turn? In my case when Coli-ing, I use the keyboard to battle and basically leave the mouse sitting on the button to continue battling so I can click that and carry on -- I hate how much the coli controls still require mouse use, because I'm one of the people who have mobility issues and benefit from using the keyboard in the first place.

Also shoutout to FR's asinine captchas. More than once I've had to right-click-open part of the image to find the actual thing I'm supposed to click on -- they're so muddy and obscured that in an effort to prevent cheating, they've made it hard for legitimate players to continue playing. I'd love to see someone find a way to automate around it purely out of spite at this point.
    Hey just a little tip if controller is easier for you to use than a mouse or keyboard. You can use a program like joytokey to map all of the keyboard controls and mouse movements to a controller/external device with enough buttons/configurations to do what you want so you don't have to fuck around with the mouse controls for shit like the captcha. I have physical issues too and this helps when they're at their worst.

I've done this a few times.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    It wouldn't be difficult at all to spoof mouse movement. I'm surprised that their developers even bothered to try tracking something as easy as that to fake.
    I don't really know why they chose to do that. But I imagine it's likely because you have to keep the window open to do any kind of botting in the coli now, and it tracks your position to see if you're on the page or not? That's my best guess.

If I remember correctly the coders on my team said they didn't have anything to store the information so this is my absolute best guess as a non coder. This was over a year ago now so my memory is a little foggy at best.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    @(you need an account to see links)oka I can't believe I didn't think of that, that's actually brilliant! I'm going to do that, you're the best, thank you so much for sharing this with me!

I think the one big thing to contend with is the captcha -- the url says "image_generators/puzzle.php?id=#" when opened in a new tab- if they're dynamically generated that could make it hard to work around I think -- I'm not a programmer, I'm just fiddling with things.

{must_solve: true, puzzle: 49665001, buff: 2, code: null, locked_out: false}
    must_solve: true
    puzzle: 49665001
    buff: 2
    code: null
    locked_out: false
    Either FR's generated a ton of puzzles or they've just made the names a pain. There's a lot of information available I think when you bring up the dev console, I just don't have the knowledge to understand it. ^^;

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anagram22 For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (01-01-2020)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    @(you need an account to see links)oka I can't believe I didn't think of that, that's actually brilliant! I'm going to do that, you're the best, thank you so much for sharing this with me!

I think the one big thing to contend with is the captcha -- the url says "image_generators/puzzle.php?id=#" when opened in a new tab- if they're dynamically generated that could make it hard to work around I think -- I'm not a programmer, I'm just fiddling with things.

Either FR's generated a ton of puzzles or they've just made the names a pain. There's a lot of information available I think when you bring up the dev console, I just don't have the knowledge to understand it. ^^;

We did a lot of work on the captcha, never managed to crack it. We had some ideas, but in the end they weren't practical in reality and we had to throw in the towel until we find something else. And trust me. We worked REALLY hard to make sure we couldn't make them.

Not to mention the main coder of my team is on hiatus right now so even if we wanted to work on it we don't have the skill to do so at this time. Maybe in the future we'll come back but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm hoping someone else is able to pull it off. I'd be willing to help out as much as I can.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Yeah, I figured as much. I want to say FR did a good job with it, except for the fact that it's awful and hard to solve even for people- I don't want to think of how much of a pain it is for colorblind folk. If the image was bigger that would help... they've done so much work to make it hard to crack, that they've made it unpleasant for everyone else in the process. And it's for that reason that I'd love to see someone break the thing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anagram22 For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I would dearly love it if something came up. If you need trainers to start I have a couple lying around that I'll happily donate to the cause.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Regarding the Captcha issue, given that solving them is the big sticking point for everyone, I did have a thought. Since what we need to find are dragons or items, things that already exist on the site, we could hypothetically create a database of all the dragon color/gene/age/sex combos and check against that for matching pixels when the captcha comes up? It's... not an elegant solution and it would require someone to do the grunt work of generating and saving all those images (though, that could probably be automated easier than the coli lmao,) but... it's a potential workaround? If it's possible; if I recall I think some captcha-solving bots have done similar things in the past, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anagram22 For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 6h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Regarding the Captcha issue, given that solving them is the big sticking point for everyone, I did have a thought. Since what we need to find are dragons or items, things that already exist on the site, we could hypothetically create a database of all the dragon color/gene/age/sex combos and check against that for matching pixels when the captcha comes up? It's... not an elegant solution and it would require someone to do the grunt work of generating and saving all those images (though, that could probably be automated easier than the coli lmao,) but... it's a potential workaround? If it's possible; if I recall I think some captcha-solving bots have done similar things in the past, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

If someone is able to accomplish this I'm more than able to help train.

I can also help collect captchas. I actually don't have access to the ones that we had before when we were openly collecting them because all my data from my old laptop was lost.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg