2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 7h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

UK General Election 2019

I�m curious on opinions of the UK�s GE results this morning... whether you are in the UK or out-with!

If you are in the UK, was this something you wanted or something you voted against? What are your hopes for the next 5 years? How do you feel about it all?

If you�re outside the UK, what do you personally think of the results? How has media in your country portrayed the General Election before and after its outcome? What opinion do people generally have about it all, if any?

(you need an account to see links) by the lovely @Menine

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    From a technical sub-colony of the UK, I think nothing of it. Financial uncertainty will continue in the overall EU area and of course the UK is no more immune to it than any other country. Investment decisions will be cautiously made and new free-trade agreements will be hastily negotiated once the UK formally completes this long-winded Brexit process. Until then, much like when Trump became president, the rest of the world is now just along for the ride.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    i dont understand why this country is so obsessed with self-sabotage. im in scotland and im just ready for another indy ref, but i dont know why we need to vote for tories then get surprised when things turn out bad. i dont know why we voted against independence "just to see how it turned out". i dont understand why the uk voted for brexit "just to see how it turned out". tories are notoriously (haha notoryously) shit at lying and never delivering on promises, and if they do, its promises that directly harm the poor and underprivileged communities.

does britain really dislike brown people that much? my god.

the nhs is gonna get privatised and the poor will suffer. the nhs is already in ruins because the tories refuse to do anything that would benefit the country, and now were gonna lose it completely. and unless youre rich and/or not partaking in benefits fraud, youll get fucked. people like me who are on benefits and working min wage jobs while having severe, life-threatening [if left untreated] health problems will suffer severely. and realistically, i know a lot of people who voted tory who WILL get fucked when the nhs goes private, because the DWP barely pays for anything related to healthcare, and youre essentially forced to pay out of pocket for things like dentistry -- upwards of �500 just to have wisdom teeth removed, or �200 just to remove a single tooth.

people want so badly to cut off immigrants from the UK that they shoot themselves in the foot and its pathetic to watch.

now i can only really hope that scotland pushes for independence sooner rather than later. the snp won majority in scotland, and nicola sturgeon is a rabid dog when it comes to getting that independence. and im not suggesting a riot if westminister says no, but im also not saying that, if there were riots a la catalonia, i wouldnt join in.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    195 times
    Time Online
    76d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I just want brexit to finally happen and get it done with honestly. Labour was gonna just fuck that to shit, brexit party didn't stand a chance so going tory was the only viable option if we wanted to see brexit finally go through.

I'm happy with the results, and I'm ready for the internet shit storm that comes with saying that.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Brexit needs to be done. It's ridiculous what the EU is doing to this country

I think a lot of people voted brexit because immigration is out of control and open boarders are a problem. In this modern day you need to be so careful who you let in the country. Unfortunately alot of criminals abuse our system here in benefits and crimes because EU laws allow them to do so

I hope brexit will have a good outcome. It was a difficult decision to vote for