Thread: Anyone in med school/applied or going to apply?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    71d 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m

Anyone in med school/applied or going to apply?

I am finally going to apply next cycle when i complete my SMP. I been waiting 5 years after undergrad for this moment so its exciting to finally happen.
    Any one have any inspiring stories? Tips? How did you afford to pay for apps and applying?

My biggest issue is completing my thesis and paying for apps. Hoping to do a lit thesis and get paid as being as a scribe, which as recommended by my advisor, but not sure if that would cut for the price of apps and my rent.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    71d 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    That’s awesome Maisie! I was/still in the same boat.

I earned a 2.2 GPA uni and took a post bacc after. I was struggling real hard my undergrad with my mom losing her job as she was helping me out with rent and food and taking care of my grandma who ended up having bladder cancer, knee surgery, and a gallbladder removal within 2 years. I don’t have a car/still don’t and my house was 2hrs by bus so it was a always a struggle to get back home to take care of things too. That plus an increase in my work hours to make up for the money my mom was helping me with took a toll on my schoolwork.
    With 30 classes later with a 3.9 GPA I brought it up to a 3.0 and managed to get myself into an SMP now. It took 3 years while working full time too do bring myself the .8 points. It’s upsetting that much work only brought me to a 3.0 but it was all hard work I put in and hoping it pays off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to housez For This Useful Post:

Maki (12-09-2019)