25/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 18h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

The Future Of Vehicles

We live in a society where vehicles (be it cars, boats, trucks, trains, planes, tractors etc) meet our daily transportation needs as well as the supply chain demands that we place on them. Think about it, your fresh fruit, meat/produce and vegetables are transported generally by truck, occasionally by rail or plane. It also takes vehicles/machinery to get them to a stage where they are ready to sell for human consumption.

Many people and companies and people alike would have you believe these vehicles are bad due to the high levels of pollution they presently produce. This can be seen in companies like Mercedes-Benz (Daimler) who have vowed to cease production of ICE (Internal Combustion Engines) around 2040.

The current replacement for vehicles such that use IC Engines is electric powered or Hydrogen powered vehicles. I admit to not having enough knowledge of Hydrogen powered vehicles to see the benefits but I'm curious if someone else does.

Electric powered vehicles feel a bit of an overly exaggerated saviour to me. Presently they lack the traveling range of vehicles that carry efficient diesel engines and whilst I'm sure battery power will improve, the current option doesn't look all that appealing if you for example live in Australia where in some cases your home could be 500 or more kilometres from the nearest town/regional centre. (Mines not but its something that needs to be said is highly possible). If someone were to run out of electricity along one of these routes there would be a requirement to send another vehicle to retrieve them with potentially the same issue if efficiency isn't significantly improved and significant wait times for whoever became stranded due to the potential failure of an electric vehicle. I'm not denying ICE vehicles don't have similar faults if they die, just their better range capacity at present.

What are your thoughts? Lets hear/see them!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Integra For This Useful Post:

Menine (11-23-2019)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 12h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    im not one for electric vehicles. my opinion and from what ive seen... electrical vehicles are worse for the environment than typical fossil fuel engines. the power plants used to create the energy is harming the earth way more than the engine would.

these are things i read up on and ill eventually find time to listen to a podcast and see. although i do love tesla and the fact that these electrical engines are fast as all hell. nothing beats a manual trans and shifting gears